Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 2/18/14 at 2:14am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 996
Styleforum Top Picks
^ would be better with black shoes and a wider-spread (and probably taller) collar IMO, bleachboy... and is that a pocket square or a ticket/card?
I disagree with the bow-tie. I couldn't possibly move the tripod any further away so my head would fit in the photo. But if it were there, you'd see that it's rather large (thanks, Dad) and the bow-tie was made proportional to my head rather than my neck. If that makes sense at all...
Would you mind helping me out with a pocket square here? What would you wear? I had trouble finding something that would look good. Whenever that happens with other suits or coats I just go for a white linen, but here I felt it was too close to the color of the suit.
I'll take your word for the bow-tie, of course! Pocket squares with cream jackets/suits are tricky, I agree. I tend to try to pick up a saturated colour from the rest of the outfit if there is one (eg a navy/white pindot or paisley to echo a tie with some navy in it). If the whole outfit is pastel-hued, I'd pick a solid pastel in a complementary colour. The yellow you used just "feels" a little too saturated and disjointed to my eye, but I can't quite make out the tie colours, so that may be incorrect.
Edited by Holdfast - 10/11/11 at 1:13pm
That is a Polo. I think it is the Regent cut, custom fit.
I own three pairs of Ray Bans. I don't know if that qualifies as an addiction.
For the sake of conversation...I know that larger knots are currently frowned upon in this thread, but what if Mike went a little larger here, perhaps wrap around one more time? To me, the way he has that big collar rolled down, it looks like Pacman is about to eat a pellet.
I don't tie the double four in hand. I think the knot size is fine, personally. Keep in mind the camera is looking up, so it may make things appear out of proportion. I could have tied this tie thicker, had a I tied it higher. It is cashmere and will tie a larger knot.
Your shirt tie jacket and PS look great, and so do the colours. Wouldn't it just finish it off if you hemmed your trousers to the correct length?
Are you suggesting they should be longer or shorter? The left leg looks a touch long to me but the right is about right so it may just be the way he's standing. I certainly wouldn't suggest making them any longer, not with trousers this slim at least.
Also, big thanks to SUGARBUTCH and EFV for voting for me in the DT SF Battle to the death thread.... but come on guys! I need more help!!
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › + + + DRIES VAN NOTEN + + + 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 13 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments Spring / Summer 2014 13 minutes ago
- › 2014 50 Book Challenge 14 minutes ago
- › Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it? 14 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 16 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw