Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Last edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 996post #14926 of 7872110/11/11 at 12:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14927 of 7872110/11/11 at 1:02pm
^ would be better with black shoes and a wider-spread (and probably taller) collar IMO, bleachboy... and is that a pocket square or a ticket/card?
Quote:Originally Posted by acecow
I disagree with the bow-tie. I couldn't possibly move the tripod any further away so my head would fit in the photo. But if it were there, you'd see that it's rather large (thanks, Dad) and the bow-tie was made proportional to my head rather than my neck. If that makes sense at all...
Would you mind helping me out with a pocket square here? What would you wear? I had trouble finding something that would look good. Whenever that happens with other suits or coats I just go for a white linen, but here I felt it was too close to the color of the suit.
I'll take your word for the bow-tie, of course! Pocket squares with cream jackets/suits are tricky, I agree. I tend to try to pick up a saturated colour from the rest of the outfit if there is one (eg a navy/white pindot or paisley to echo a tie with some navy in it). If the whole outfit is pastel-hued, I'd pick a solid pastel in a complementary colour. The yellow you used just "feels" a little too saturated and disjointed to my eye, but I can't quite make out the tie colours, so that may be incorrect.
Edited by Holdfast - 10/11/11 at 1:13pmpost #14928 of 7872110/11/11 at 1:05pm
That is a Polo. I think it is the Regent cut, custom fit.
I own three pairs of Ray Bans. I don't know if that qualifies as an addiction.Quote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
For the sake of conversation...I know that larger knots are currently frowned upon in this thread, but what if Mike went a little larger here, perhaps wrap around one more time? To me, the way he has that big collar rolled down, it looks like Pacman is about to eat a pellet.
I don't tie the double four in hand. I think the knot size is fine, personally. Keep in mind the camera is looking up, so it may make things appear out of proportion. I could have tied this tie thicker, had a I tied it higher. It is cashmere and will tie a larger knot.
Mikepost #14929 of 7872110/11/11 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by deandbnQuote:
Your shirt tie jacket and PS look great, and so do the colours. Wouldn't it just finish it off if you hemmed your trousers to the correct length?
Are you suggesting they should be longer or shorter? The left leg looks a touch long to me but the right is about right so it may just be the way he's standing. I certainly wouldn't suggest making them any longer, not with trousers this slim at least.post #14930 of 7872110/11/11 at 1:35pmpost #14931 of 7872110/11/11 at 2:59pmpost #14932 of 7872110/11/11 at 3:05pmpost #14933 of 7872110/11/11 at 3:16pmpost #14934 of 7872110/11/11 at 3:19pmpost #14935 of 7872110/11/11 at 3:21pmpost #14936 of 7872110/11/11 at 3:28pmpost #14937 of 7872110/11/11 at 3:37pmpost #14938 of 7872110/11/11 at 3:52pmpost #14939 of 7872110/11/11 at 4:25pmpost #14940 of 7872110/11/11 at 4:58pmHey guys, thanks for the crickets today. I think my outfit would have been MUCH better served with a white shirt, different socks, and a more sedate PS. Anyhoo, thats why they make tomorrows.
Also, big thanks to SUGARBUTCH and EFV for voting for me in the DT SF Battle to the death thread.... but come on guys! I need more help!!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 23 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 24 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Mcallister | Cappuccino Shell Cordovan | BRAND NEW 8.5E 25 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Lasts pictorial - various makers: Rounded 32 minutes ago
- › RICK OWENS INTARSIA - SZ: M 33 minutes ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 36 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015