Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/14/11 at 9:21am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/31/12 at 5:14pm in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 1/30/13 at 10:57pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Cedarville Store
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 996
^ would be better with black shoes and a wider-spread (and probably taller) collar IMO, bleachboy... and is that a pocket square or a ticket/card?
I disagree with the bow-tie. I couldn't possibly move the tripod any further away so my head would fit in the photo. But if it were there, you'd see that it's rather large (thanks, Dad) and the bow-tie was made proportional to my head rather than my neck. If that makes sense at all...
Would you mind helping me out with a pocket square here? What would you wear? I had trouble finding something that would look good. Whenever that happens with other suits or coats I just go for a white linen, but here I felt it was too close to the color of the suit.
I'll take your word for the bow-tie, of course! Pocket squares with cream jackets/suits are tricky, I agree. I tend to try to pick up a saturated colour from the rest of the outfit if there is one (eg a navy/white pindot or paisley to echo a tie with some navy in it). If the whole outfit is pastel-hued, I'd pick a solid pastel in a complementary colour. The yellow you used just "feels" a little too saturated and disjointed to my eye, but I can't quite make out the tie colours, so that may be incorrect.
Edited by Holdfast - 10/11/11 at 1:13pm
That is a Polo. I think it is the Regent cut, custom fit.
I own three pairs of Ray Bans. I don't know if that qualifies as an addiction.
For the sake of conversation...I know that larger knots are currently frowned upon in this thread, but what if Mike went a little larger here, perhaps wrap around one more time? To me, the way he has that big collar rolled down, it looks like Pacman is about to eat a pellet.
I don't tie the double four in hand. I think the knot size is fine, personally. Keep in mind the camera is looking up, so it may make things appear out of proportion. I could have tied this tie thicker, had a I tied it higher. It is cashmere and will tie a larger knot.
Your shirt tie jacket and PS look great, and so do the colours. Wouldn't it just finish it off if you hemmed your trousers to the correct length?
Are you suggesting they should be longer or shorter? The left leg looks a touch long to me but the right is about right so it may just be the way he's standing. I certainly wouldn't suggest making them any longer, not with trousers this slim at least.
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 28 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › N. Hollywood Brown Calf Leather A-2 Bomber Size 42 (fits 40) 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 7 minutes ago
- › Soccer • Football • Voetbal • Fútbol • Calcio • Futebol - 2012-2013... 7 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 7 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 9 minutes ago
- › Pie? Or Cake? A Poll 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › Momotaro 702 (15.7 oz, Deep Indigo) by El Argentino
- › J. Crew Ludlow by collin9338
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Wedding shoes - How do you decide? by hollypowell
- › Cannes Film Festival Trend - Sunglasses by hollypowell
- › David Beckham - Style Icon by hollypowell
- › Style Icon - Brian Trunzo by hollypowell
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw