Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:01 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 996post #14926 of 7871710/11/11 at 12:48pmpost #14927 of 7871710/11/11 at 1:02pm
^ would be better with black shoes and a wider-spread (and probably taller) collar IMO, bleachboy... and is that a pocket square or a ticket/card?
Quote:Originally Posted by acecow
I disagree with the bow-tie. I couldn't possibly move the tripod any further away so my head would fit in the photo. But if it were there, you'd see that it's rather large (thanks, Dad) and the bow-tie was made proportional to my head rather than my neck. If that makes sense at all...
Would you mind helping me out with a pocket square here? What would you wear? I had trouble finding something that would look good. Whenever that happens with other suits or coats I just go for a white linen, but here I felt it was too close to the color of the suit.
I'll take your word for the bow-tie, of course! Pocket squares with cream jackets/suits are tricky, I agree. I tend to try to pick up a saturated colour from the rest of the outfit if there is one (eg a navy/white pindot or paisley to echo a tie with some navy in it). If the whole outfit is pastel-hued, I'd pick a solid pastel in a complementary colour. The yellow you used just "feels" a little too saturated and disjointed to my eye, but I can't quite make out the tie colours, so that may be incorrect.
Edited by Holdfast - 10/11/11 at 1:13pmpost #14928 of 7871710/11/11 at 1:05pm
That is a Polo. I think it is the Regent cut, custom fit.
I own three pairs of Ray Bans. I don't know if that qualifies as an addiction.Quote:Originally Posted by CousinDonuts
For the sake of conversation...I know that larger knots are currently frowned upon in this thread, but what if Mike went a little larger here, perhaps wrap around one more time? To me, the way he has that big collar rolled down, it looks like Pacman is about to eat a pellet.
I don't tie the double four in hand. I think the knot size is fine, personally. Keep in mind the camera is looking up, so it may make things appear out of proportion. I could have tied this tie thicker, had a I tied it higher. It is cashmere and will tie a larger knot.
Mikepost #14929 of 7871710/11/11 at 1:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by deandbnQuote:
Your shirt tie jacket and PS look great, and so do the colours. Wouldn't it just finish it off if you hemmed your trousers to the correct length?
Are you suggesting they should be longer or shorter? The left leg looks a touch long to me but the right is about right so it may just be the way he's standing. I certainly wouldn't suggest making them any longer, not with trousers this slim at least.post #14930 of 7871710/11/11 at 1:35pmpost #14931 of 7871710/11/11 at 2:59pmpost #14932 of 7871710/11/11 at 3:05pmpost #14933 of 7871710/11/11 at 3:16pmpost #14934 of 7871710/11/11 at 3:19pmpost #14935 of 7871710/11/11 at 3:21pmpost #14936 of 7871710/11/11 at 3:28pmpost #14937 of 7871710/11/11 at 3:37pmpost #14938 of 7871710/11/11 at 3:52pmpost #14939 of 7871710/11/11 at 4:25pmpost #14940 of 7871710/11/11 at 4:58pmHey guys, thanks for the crickets today. I think my outfit would have been MUCH better served with a white shirt, different socks, and a more sedate PS. Anyhoo, thats why they make tomorrows.
Also, big thanks to SUGARBUTCH and EFV for voting for me in the DT SF Battle to the death thread.... but come on guys! I need more help!!
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › CEGO Shirt Summer sample sale 1 minute ago
- › LVC 1967 505 Selvedge Jeans - W32 L32 3 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 4 minutes ago
- › KIIN - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Universal Works Wax Fell Parka - Small 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › The Official KIIN Giveaway Contest 8 minutes ago
- › Common Projects Perforated Black Achilles SIZE 42IT - NEVER WORN 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding