or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 978  

post #14656 of 78722
Yeah, Victor, I could maybe be on board if you didn't have double cuffs on…

It became August again this week. White linen it is!

467
post #14657 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey View Post

SpooPoker - a rare failure. The bottom and (nice) top half are fighting each other rather than being complimentary

They arent that rare, trust me. laugh.gif But aside from doing a full FU suit of this material, which I do not want to do, the only way I can think of to tame it down would be navy blazerify it. Not even a tie. If you can think of another thing to put with these pants instead, I would love to hear it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

I hope you know how to cook.
Would be a shame if your daughter suffered from ze missing German mum and all the absent Kartoffelsuppe and Rolladen.

I do not know how to cook. But I do know how to defrost. And how did you know I had kartoffelsuppe on deck? patch[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Withaque View Post

Are you still losing weight, or are the pants unaltered from last year. Your coat appears trimmer on the chest than the trousers. Looks like the jacket is from one type of suit cut(slim RL) and the pants are from a sack suit.
Also, the larger pattern is probably better suited for a larger frame, like Nildawg.
Jacket, shirt, and pocket square are a great casual combination.

Good eye - Im actually porking up though, not dropping it off. This jacket used to be looser on me than most. The pants are a bit fuller than I usually wear, this is true. I kind of like it in this heavy cloth though.
post #14658 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSF View Post

Friday: evening will go to my rustic ranch near Moscow. Antistyle   lol8[1].gif biggrin.gif

 

IMG_0528.jpg

 

IMG_0571.jpg

 

IMG_0569.jpg

 

IMG_0546.jpg

 

IMG_0581.jpg

 

IMG_0584.jpg

 

IMG_0550.jpg

 

IMG_0532.jpg

 

 

 

 


This is rustic ranch wear? Maybe if you are in The Village People.....smile.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post

Con rollino
1110051621.jpg
1110051631.jpg
Spalla Camica
1110051611.jpg
untitled1.jpg

Excellent.
post #14659 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

They arent that rare, trust me. laugh.gif But aside from doing a full FU suit of this material, which I do not want to do, the only way I can think of to tame it down would be navy blazerify it. Not even a tie. If you can think of another thing to put with these pants instead, I would love to hear it.

Cashmere sweater and buttondown.
post #14660 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post

Cashmere sweater and buttondown.

I had a navy cardi out, Im glad you said that - but put aside your feelings if they are what I assume them to be on the pants - I dont think I was in the wrong here in terms of what I did on top/bottom. What say you?
post #14661 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I had a navy cardi out, Im glad you said that - but put aside your feelings if they are what I assume them to be on the pants - I dont think I was in the wrong here in terms of what I did on top/bottom. What say you?

I like the pants. I don't like sportcoats with patterned pants, but if you are going to do that, a blue blazer is probably the best option, and here I don't think it is bad. Or the top of a denim/python suit, if you have one of those lying around.
post #14662 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by iammatt View Post

I like the pants. I don't like sportcoats with patterned pants, but if you are going to do that, a blue blazer is probably the best option, and here I don't think it is bad. Or the top of a denim/python suit, if you have one of those laying around.

laugh.gif

Nii - Those are some sweet ties nod[1].gif

Malford - Loving that suit as well as the shoes! Also, you have a sweet deal on a pair of Vass double monks on eBay right now!

Spoo - Those pants are great! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Did you get your green with purple/orange stripe tweed from Malford? I vaguely remember seeing it on his website (or maybe not? confused.gif )
post #14663 of 78722

Thank you for your interest in my "antistyle" jeans combination!

 I am glad that my little joke has helped you to smile. Hooray! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif  smile.gif    

post #14664 of 78722
Going a bit more casual today...
193
571
700
Sans jacket... (Click to show)
584
POV... (Click to show)
302

(Why, regardless of the file size I use, do my pics always look small?)
post #14665 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSF View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Friday: evening will go to my rustic ranch near Moscow. Antistyle   lol8[1].gif biggrin.gif

 

IMG_0528.jpg

 

IMG_0571.jpg

 

IMG_0569.jpg

 

IMG_0546.jpg

 

IMG_0581.jpg

 

IMG_0584.jpg

 

IMG_0550.jpg

 

IMG_0532.jpg

 

 

 

 


You know what I think when I see lizard jean jackets, french cuffs and spit shined balmorals?

350
post #14666 of 78722
Originally Posted by bleachboy View Post

I should probably start posting here again, given that I'm dressing every day. smile.gif


Glad to hear it; we don't want more shots of you undressed in your underwear again... ;)

 

Welcome back!


Originally Posted by clarinetplayer View Post


Holdfast is another SF member whose coats are "just right".


Thanks, but just to add another thought to this, I personally would say that my jackets are generally on the long side (while stil being within of the acceptable spectrum IMO). Part of me also wants to say this is in keeping with the generally English cut of them, but I leave that to the knowledgeable clothes historians here to testify to or against.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Got this tie right at the end of last winter, so today is my first chance to wear it...

 

 

DQcxv.jpg

post #14667 of 78722
.
Edited by Louis XIV - 10/12/11 at 7:25am
post #14668 of 78722
.
Edited by Louis XIV - 10/12/11 at 7:22am
post #14669 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSF View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Friday: evening will go to my rustic ranch near Moscow. Antistyle   lol8[1].gif biggrin.gif

 

IMG_0528.jpg

 

IMG_0571.jpg

 

IMG_0569.jpg

 

IMG_0546.jpg

 

IMG_0581.jpg

 

IMG_0584.jpg

 

IMG_0550.jpg

 

IMG_0532.jpg

 

 

 

 


I love damn near every one of your fits. And they come from an apparently endless vault of awesomeness. But the greatness in this post is the connection between the "rustic ranch" and dawning cuff links for the occasion. I would never connect those two together.
post #14670 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat Guido View Post

Con rollino Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1110051621.jpg
1110051631.jpg
Spalla Camica
1110051611.jpg
untitled1.jpg

This is fantastic. I especially like the way you have the images setup on your blog so you can click back and forth while you remain in roughly the same pose. A thesis on the way a couple of fit changes can completely alter the line of a jacket. Now if I could just learn the lesson...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III