It became August again this week. White linen it is!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 10:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 978
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14657 of 7872110/7/11 at 7:05amQuote:
They arent that rare, trust me. But aside from doing a full FU suit of this material, which I do not want to do, the only way I can think of to tame it down would be navy blazerify it. Not even a tie. If you can think of another thing to put with these pants instead, I would love to hear it.Quote:
I do not know how to cook. But I do know how to defrost. And how did you know I had kartoffelsuppe on deck?Quote:Originally Posted by Withaque
Are you still losing weight, or are the pants unaltered from last year. Your coat appears trimmer on the chest than the trousers. Looks like the jacket is from one type of suit cut(slim RL) and the pants are from a sack suit.
Also, the larger pattern is probably better suited for a larger frame, like Nildawg.
Jacket, shirt, and pocket square are a great casual combination.
Good eye - Im actually porking up though, not dropping it off. This jacket used to be looser on me than most. The pants are a bit fuller than I usually wear, this is true. I kind of like it in this heavy cloth though.post #14658 of 7872110/7/11 at 7:06ampost #14659 of 7872110/7/11 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
They arent that rare, trust me. But aside from doing a full FU suit of this material, which I do not want to do, the only way I can think of to tame it down would be navy blazerify it. Not even a tie. If you can think of another thing to put with these pants instead, I would love to hear it.
Cashmere sweater and buttondown.post #14660 of 7872110/7/11 at 7:10ampost #14661 of 7872110/7/11 at 7:13amQuote:
I like the pants. I don't like sportcoats with patterned pants, but if you are going to do that, a blue blazer is probably the best option, and here I don't think it is bad. Or the top of a denim/python suit, if you have one of those lying around.post #14662 of 7872110/7/11 at 7:34amQuote:
Nii - Those are some sweet ties
Malford - Loving that suit as well as the shoes! Also, you have a sweet deal on a pair of Vass double monks on eBay right now!
Spoo - Those pants are great! Did you get your green with purple/orange stripe tweed from Malford? I vaguely remember seeing it on his website (or maybe not? )post #14663 of 7872110/7/11 at 7:52ampost #14664 of 7872110/7/11 at 7:57ampost #14665 of 7872110/7/11 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by VictorSF
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You know what I think when I see lizard jean jackets, french cuffs and spit shined balmorals?post #14666 of 7872110/7/11 at 8:49am
Glad to hear it; we don't want more shots of you undressed in your underwear again... ;)
Thanks, but just to add another thought to this, I personally would say that my jackets are generally on the long side (while stil being within of the acceptable spectrum IMO). Part of me also wants to say this is in keeping with the generally English cut of them, but I leave that to the knowledgeable clothes historians here to testify to or against.
Got this tie right at the end of last winter, so today is my first chance to wear it...post #14667 of 7872110/7/11 at 8:54ampost #14668 of 7872110/7/11 at 9:00ampost #14669 of 7872110/7/11 at 9:15amQuote:Originally Posted by VictorSF
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I love damn near every one of your fits. And they come from an apparently endless vault of awesomeness. But the greatness in this post is the connection between the "rustic ranch" and dawning cuff links for the occasion. I would never connect those two together.post #14670 of 7872110/7/11 at 9:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Phat GuidoCon rollino Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is fantastic. I especially like the way you have the images setup on your blog so you can click back and forth while you remain in roughly the same pose. A thesis on the way a couple of fit changes can completely alter the line of a jacket. Now if I could just learn the lesson...
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 6 minutes ago
- › One of these things is not like the other 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 12 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 14 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 20 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...