It became August again this week. White linen it is!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 978
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14657 of 7872310/7/11 at 7:05amQuote:
They arent that rare, trust me. But aside from doing a full FU suit of this material, which I do not want to do, the only way I can think of to tame it down would be navy blazerify it. Not even a tie. If you can think of another thing to put with these pants instead, I would love to hear it.Quote:
I do not know how to cook. But I do know how to defrost. And how did you know I had kartoffelsuppe on deck?Quote:Originally Posted by Withaque
Are you still losing weight, or are the pants unaltered from last year. Your coat appears trimmer on the chest than the trousers. Looks like the jacket is from one type of suit cut(slim RL) and the pants are from a sack suit.
Also, the larger pattern is probably better suited for a larger frame, like Nildawg.
Jacket, shirt, and pocket square are a great casual combination.
Good eye - Im actually porking up though, not dropping it off. This jacket used to be looser on me than most. The pants are a bit fuller than I usually wear, this is true. I kind of like it in this heavy cloth though.post #14658 of 7872310/7/11 at 7:06ampost #14659 of 7872310/7/11 at 7:08amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
They arent that rare, trust me. But aside from doing a full FU suit of this material, which I do not want to do, the only way I can think of to tame it down would be navy blazerify it. Not even a tie. If you can think of another thing to put with these pants instead, I would love to hear it.
Cashmere sweater and buttondown.post #14660 of 7872310/7/11 at 7:10ampost #14661 of 7872310/7/11 at 7:13amQuote:
I like the pants. I don't like sportcoats with patterned pants, but if you are going to do that, a blue blazer is probably the best option, and here I don't think it is bad. Or the top of a denim/python suit, if you have one of those lying around.post #14662 of 7872310/7/11 at 7:34amQuote:
Nii - Those are some sweet ties
Malford - Loving that suit as well as the shoes! Also, you have a sweet deal on a pair of Vass double monks on eBay right now!
Spoo - Those pants are great! Did you get your green with purple/orange stripe tweed from Malford? I vaguely remember seeing it on his website (or maybe not? )post #14663 of 7872310/7/11 at 7:52ampost #14664 of 7872310/7/11 at 7:57ampost #14665 of 7872310/7/11 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by VictorSF
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You know what I think when I see lizard jean jackets, french cuffs and spit shined balmorals?post #14666 of 7872310/7/11 at 8:49am
Glad to hear it; we don't want more shots of you undressed in your underwear again... ;)
Thanks, but just to add another thought to this, I personally would say that my jackets are generally on the long side (while stil being within of the acceptable spectrum IMO). Part of me also wants to say this is in keeping with the generally English cut of them, but I leave that to the knowledgeable clothes historians here to testify to or against.
Got this tie right at the end of last winter, so today is my first chance to wear it...post #14667 of 7872310/7/11 at 8:54ampost #14668 of 7872310/7/11 at 9:00ampost #14669 of 7872310/7/11 at 9:15amQuote:Originally Posted by VictorSF
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I love damn near every one of your fits. And they come from an apparently endless vault of awesomeness. But the greatness in this post is the connection between the "rustic ranch" and dawning cuff links for the occasion. I would never connect those two together.post #14670 of 7872310/7/11 at 9:26amQuote:Originally Posted by Phat GuidoCon rollino Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is fantastic. I especially like the way you have the images setup on your blog so you can click back and forth while you remain in roughly the same pose. A thesis on the way a couple of fit changes can completely alter the line of a jacket. Now if I could just learn the lesson...
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 29 seconds ago
- › Christian Kimber Tassel Loafers & Wolverine Combat Boots 41 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 45 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 51 seconds ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 3 minutes ago
- › NIB Polo Ralph Lauren Marlow/Darlton Wingtip - 9D 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)