his waist is too suppressed and he's got a female hourglass shape going on with the jacket.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 1:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 972post #14566 of 7872210/6/11 at 5:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14567 of 7872210/6/11 at 6:00ampost #14568 of 7872210/6/11 at 6:03amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Last decent pics till Tuesday as Mrs. Spoo is off for a business trip. It's only Thursday Mr. Mom... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Don't worry. You'll survive. Your corduroy, Panta, and DC Lewis will get you through.
Also, that tie.post #14569 of 7872210/6/11 at 6:21ampost #14570 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:09ampost #14571 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:22ampost #14572 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:27amQuote:
I was just scrolling down to type in the brown recommendation, while of course adding that I like it as is.
Edit: Could we get details on the SC Malford?post #14573 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:27ampost #14574 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:29amQuote:
First of all, thanks to everyone who commented and welcomed me back. The summer was brutal down here, so I just did not feel like suiting up for a while. Plus, I was having a hard time fitting in my clothes. I have lost close to 20 pounds and several inches all around, so I am feeling alot better in my stuff these days.
TB, you are right and I thought the same thing when I put it together. However, from a distance the suit looks mostly solid, so it is not really that visible IRL.
Mikepost #14575 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:31ampost #14576 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:31ampost #14577 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:39ampost #14578 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:50amQuote:
I'm not entirely struck on it. Brown might be the way to go. Will have a root around in the storeroom later...
The SC is a TK Maxx special - cheap and cheerful unlined wool Corneliani Collection (CC).post #14579 of 7872210/6/11 at 8:01am
Agreed. Victor appears to be guy with heavy musculature up top - I'm sure most of us do not have this 'problem'! - so if there's even a little too much waist suppression, it can tip over that very thin line into being overly hourglassy. But otherwise, and very much as usual in Victor's case, the fabric, combinations, the whole look - impeccable.post #14580 of 7872210/6/11 at 8:08amQuote:
I would never have thought that such a bright tie would work, but you make a convincing argument for doing so. The sharp, wide stripes on the suit permit this burst of color. Interesting, but not garish.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Vincero - Watches & Fine Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 49 seconds ago
- › Tuxedo Help 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Vera Pelle black lightly waxed 100% leather belt with big buckle, 95 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Hamilton cotton/linen shirt BNWT Medium 5 minutes ago
- › Gitman Brothers Vintage 6 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...