his waist is too suppressed and he's got a female hourglass shape going on with the jacket.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 972post #14566 of 7872110/6/11 at 5:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14567 of 7872110/6/11 at 6:00ampost #14568 of 7872110/6/11 at 6:03amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Last decent pics till Tuesday as Mrs. Spoo is off for a business trip. It's only Thursday Mr. Mom... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Don't worry. You'll survive. Your corduroy, Panta, and DC Lewis will get you through.
Also, that tie.post #14569 of 7872110/6/11 at 6:21ampost #14570 of 7872110/6/11 at 7:09ampost #14571 of 7872110/6/11 at 7:22ampost #14572 of 7872110/6/11 at 7:27amQuote:
I was just scrolling down to type in the brown recommendation, while of course adding that I like it as is.
Edit: Could we get details on the SC Malford?post #14573 of 7872110/6/11 at 7:27ampost #14574 of 7872110/6/11 at 7:29amQuote:
First of all, thanks to everyone who commented and welcomed me back. The summer was brutal down here, so I just did not feel like suiting up for a while. Plus, I was having a hard time fitting in my clothes. I have lost close to 20 pounds and several inches all around, so I am feeling alot better in my stuff these days.
TB, you are right and I thought the same thing when I put it together. However, from a distance the suit looks mostly solid, so it is not really that visible IRL.
Mikepost #14575 of 7872110/6/11 at 7:31ampost #14576 of 7872110/6/11 at 7:31ampost #14577 of 7872110/6/11 at 7:39ampost #14578 of 7872110/6/11 at 7:50amQuote:
I'm not entirely struck on it. Brown might be the way to go. Will have a root around in the storeroom later...
The SC is a TK Maxx special - cheap and cheerful unlined wool Corneliani Collection (CC).post #14579 of 7872110/6/11 at 8:01am
Agreed. Victor appears to be guy with heavy musculature up top - I'm sure most of us do not have this 'problem'! - so if there's even a little too much waist suppression, it can tip over that very thin line into being overly hourglassy. But otherwise, and very much as usual in Victor's case, the fabric, combinations, the whole look - impeccable.post #14580 of 7872110/6/11 at 8:08amQuote:
I would never have thought that such a bright tie would work, but you make a convincing argument for doing so. The sharp, wide stripes on the suit permit this burst of color. Interesting, but not garish.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett Leather coat SIZE L (Made in Italy, 100% leather) 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Which shoes and belt will go best with my suit? 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 6 minutes ago
- › Best suits under $1500? 7 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan