his waist is too suppressed and he's got a female hourglass shape going on with the jacket.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 972post #14566 of 7872210/6/11 at 5:58am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #14567 of 7872210/6/11 at 6:00ampost #14568 of 7872210/6/11 at 6:03amQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Last decent pics till Tuesday as Mrs. Spoo is off for a business trip. It's only Thursday Mr. Mom... Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Don't worry. You'll survive. Your corduroy, Panta, and DC Lewis will get you through.
Also, that tie.post #14569 of 7872210/6/11 at 6:21ampost #14570 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:09ampost #14571 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:22ampost #14572 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:27amQuote:
I was just scrolling down to type in the brown recommendation, while of course adding that I like it as is.
Edit: Could we get details on the SC Malford?post #14573 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:27ampost #14574 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:29amQuote:
First of all, thanks to everyone who commented and welcomed me back. The summer was brutal down here, so I just did not feel like suiting up for a while. Plus, I was having a hard time fitting in my clothes. I have lost close to 20 pounds and several inches all around, so I am feeling alot better in my stuff these days.
TB, you are right and I thought the same thing when I put it together. However, from a distance the suit looks mostly solid, so it is not really that visible IRL.
Mikepost #14575 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:31ampost #14576 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:31ampost #14577 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:39ampost #14578 of 7872210/6/11 at 7:50amQuote:
I'm not entirely struck on it. Brown might be the way to go. Will have a root around in the storeroom later...
The SC is a TK Maxx special - cheap and cheerful unlined wool Corneliani Collection (CC).post #14579 of 7872210/6/11 at 8:01am
Agreed. Victor appears to be guy with heavy musculature up top - I'm sure most of us do not have this 'problem'! - so if there's even a little too much waist suppression, it can tip over that very thin line into being overly hourglassy. But otherwise, and very much as usual in Victor's case, the fabric, combinations, the whole look - impeccable.post #14580 of 7872210/6/11 at 8:08amQuote:
I would never have thought that such a bright tie would work, but you make a convincing argument for doing so. The sharp, wide stripes on the suit permit this burst of color. Interesting, but not garish.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 5 minutes ago
- › Jack Georges Briefcase, Authentic? 8 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 9 minutes ago
- › What would you wear today? 12 minutes ago
- › Robert Geller Tencel Bomber Khaki/Gray/Green 48 SS14 Excellent... 19 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 21 minutes ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 23 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 25 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...