Edited by Louis XIV - 10/12/11 at 9:38am
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 907post #13591 of 787249/28/11 at 12:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13592 of 787249/28/11 at 12:10pmpost #13593 of 787249/28/11 at 12:12pmpost #13594 of 787249/28/11 at 12:13pmpost #13595 of 787249/28/11 at 12:15pmQuote:
I was thinking about a solid, shiny silk tie that picked up one of the stripe colors. With a muted white FC shirt (Really...how can you wear a suit like THAT and not wear links?!?!?!)post #13596 of 787249/28/11 at 12:18pmQuote:
not just some time, lots of time, and several trips if you don't live in london or naples (or new york or moscow, i suppose )
i suppose i could go to knize, but even for great bespoke i'm not spending 8k on a suit, even if i could. no wait, i probably would.post #13597 of 787249/28/11 at 12:19pmpost #13598 of 787249/28/11 at 12:20pmQuote:
My wife takes the pictures, not me. Thats my quiet, introspective, preparing for the internets time.Quote:
I really dont see a shiny tie working well with the sheen of the suit...and the stripes are all tones of blue, so I wanted a contrast, not to come off like a castoff from the blue man group.. but Ill play around.post #13599 of 787249/28/11 at 12:21pmpost #13600 of 787249/28/11 at 12:22pmpost #13601 of 787249/28/11 at 12:27pmpost #13602 of 787249/28/11 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Maybe I am confused by the vocabulary.
To me it seems all of those who say who don't go bespoke go Ready To Wear.
Is RTW the same as Off The Rack, only with a few alternations made to the garment or is RTW what I would call Made To Measure?
Because here in Germany there are a lot of MTM offerings and there should be some of them who deliver decent work, shouldn't it?
Bespoke > MTM > RTW/OTRpost #13603 of 787249/28/11 at 12:31pmpost #13604 of 787249/28/11 at 12:32pmpost #13605 of 787249/28/11 at 12:32pm
if you truly were a honeybagder you would not give a shit that you didnt say that instead.
also. since there is something apparently slightly wrong with the balance of your suit, and since we have deduced above that you are not a honey badger. logic therefor proves you do give a shit about this balance predicament. the only solution then is to give me the suit.
you are welcome sir.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 2208 Active Users (342 Members and 1866 Guests)
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 58 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Peale + Co. Black Calf cap toe boot for Brooks Brothers in 11D with... 2 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › WTB Moscot Lemtosh Sunglasses Medium 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 5 minutes ago
- › Show Me Your Stripes Friday Challenge 7/11/14 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)