Edited by Louis XIV - 10/12/11 at 9:38am
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 8:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:19 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest?Last edited: 5/10/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 907post #13591 of 787219/28/11 at 12:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13592 of 787219/28/11 at 12:10pmpost #13593 of 787219/28/11 at 12:12pmpost #13594 of 787219/28/11 at 12:13pmpost #13595 of 787219/28/11 at 12:15pmQuote:
I was thinking about a solid, shiny silk tie that picked up one of the stripe colors. With a muted white FC shirt (Really...how can you wear a suit like THAT and not wear links?!?!?!)post #13596 of 787219/28/11 at 12:18pmQuote:
not just some time, lots of time, and several trips if you don't live in london or naples (or new york or moscow, i suppose )
i suppose i could go to knize, but even for great bespoke i'm not spending 8k on a suit, even if i could. no wait, i probably would.post #13597 of 787219/28/11 at 12:19pmpost #13598 of 787219/28/11 at 12:20pmQuote:
My wife takes the pictures, not me. Thats my quiet, introspective, preparing for the internets time.Quote:
I really dont see a shiny tie working well with the sheen of the suit...and the stripes are all tones of blue, so I wanted a contrast, not to come off like a castoff from the blue man group.. but Ill play around.post #13599 of 787219/28/11 at 12:21pmpost #13600 of 787219/28/11 at 12:22pmpost #13601 of 787219/28/11 at 12:27pmpost #13602 of 787219/28/11 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Maybe I am confused by the vocabulary.
To me it seems all of those who say who don't go bespoke go Ready To Wear.
Is RTW the same as Off The Rack, only with a few alternations made to the garment or is RTW what I would call Made To Measure?
Because here in Germany there are a lot of MTM offerings and there should be some of them who deliver decent work, shouldn't it?
Bespoke > MTM > RTW/OTRpost #13603 of 787219/28/11 at 12:31pmpost #13604 of 787219/28/11 at 12:32pmpost #13605 of 787219/28/11 at 12:32pm
if you truly were a honeybagder you would not give a shit that you didnt say that instead.
also. since there is something apparently slightly wrong with the balance of your suit, and since we have deduced above that you are not a honey badger. logic therefor proves you do give a shit about this balance predicament. the only solution then is to give me the suit.
you are welcome sir.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Currently, there are 1086 Active Users (203 Members and 883 Guests)
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 9 minutes ago
- › A comprehensive guide to Italian shoes 11 minutes ago
- › Bespoke Charvet questions 14 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 14 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 18 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 22 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 26 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 27 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan