Edited by Louis XIV - 10/12/11 at 9:38am
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 907post #13591 of 787239/28/11 at 12:10pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13592 of 787239/28/11 at 12:10pmpost #13593 of 787239/28/11 at 12:12pmpost #13594 of 787239/28/11 at 12:13pmpost #13595 of 787239/28/11 at 12:15pmQuote:
I was thinking about a solid, shiny silk tie that picked up one of the stripe colors. With a muted white FC shirt (Really...how can you wear a suit like THAT and not wear links?!?!?!)post #13596 of 787239/28/11 at 12:18pmQuote:
not just some time, lots of time, and several trips if you don't live in london or naples (or new york or moscow, i suppose )
i suppose i could go to knize, but even for great bespoke i'm not spending 8k on a suit, even if i could. no wait, i probably would.post #13597 of 787239/28/11 at 12:19pmpost #13598 of 787239/28/11 at 12:20pmQuote:
My wife takes the pictures, not me. Thats my quiet, introspective, preparing for the internets time.Quote:
I really dont see a shiny tie working well with the sheen of the suit...and the stripes are all tones of blue, so I wanted a contrast, not to come off like a castoff from the blue man group.. but Ill play around.post #13599 of 787239/28/11 at 12:21pmpost #13600 of 787239/28/11 at 12:22pmpost #13601 of 787239/28/11 at 12:27pmpost #13602 of 787239/28/11 at 12:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Louis XIV
Maybe I am confused by the vocabulary.
To me it seems all of those who say who don't go bespoke go Ready To Wear.
Is RTW the same as Off The Rack, only with a few alternations made to the garment or is RTW what I would call Made To Measure?
Because here in Germany there are a lot of MTM offerings and there should be some of them who deliver decent work, shouldn't it?
Bespoke > MTM > RTW/OTRpost #13603 of 787239/28/11 at 12:31pmpost #13604 of 787239/28/11 at 12:32pmpost #13605 of 787239/28/11 at 12:32pm
if you truly were a honeybagder you would not give a shit that you didnt say that instead.
also. since there is something apparently slightly wrong with the balance of your suit, and since we have deduced above that you are not a honey badger. logic therefor proves you do give a shit about this balance predicament. the only solution then is to give me the suit.
you are welcome sir.
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1761 Active Users (393 Members and 1368 Guests)
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 minutes ago
- › NMWA x Formosa Sportcoat: Let's Get Another One Rolling! 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...