or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 807

post #12091 of 75924
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


I'm not concerned with page-loading time, more with having to scroll through acres of repetitive images. My favorite is when the OP is considerate enough to use a spoiler for the deets, but subsequent commenters remove the spoiler tags. Sweet...

I disagree with you mister. The reason I come here is to see the images of these amazing men who dress so well that they inspire me to do better myself. They say an image is worth 1000 words, so please guys, dont use spoilers at all, show me the details, because thats what i have come here to see. The close ups of your tie knots, and close ups of the various fabric colours and texture makes all the difference. So again, please guys, dont use spoilers because then i would have to click, click, click everytime i want to see the details that you have taken so much time to photgraph in the first place.
post #12092 of 75924
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlandisland View Post

Nice Smart Board! Nicer jacket.

Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Of Lint View Post


They look like Alden in Ravelo Shell on the Barrie last. NYR?

Nope, cigar.
post #12093 of 75924
My ensemble for Back-to-School Night, which was last night.

Leaning-51.jpg
Closeup-105.jpg
post #12094 of 75924
.
Edited by Louis XIV - 10/12/11 at 10:38am
post #12095 of 75924
Not bad not bad!
post #12096 of 75924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

My ensemble for Back-to-School Night, which was last night.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Leaning-51.jpg
Closeup-105.jpg


Classic and understated, I like the suit, shirt and tie combination. Fit is very good. Small comments:
- Perhaps buttoning the top button might give a cleaner look, as its not a 3r2
- I'm not sure about the PS. Perhaps plain white would be better, or another colour border. This is too close to the suit.
post #12097 of 75924
IMG_6108.jpg

Robbie !! Been missing you, man! good to see you - nice trousers!smile.gif
post #12098 of 75924
I bring you more daily tie stizzle courtesy of my boy PG. View the whole thing here.
post #12099 of 75924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

No offense, but I don't like this style of cufflinks, to me a french cuff is something very elegant and luxurious, and these cufflinks just aren't.
To be honest I think they ruin the whole idea of a french cuffed shirt.

33
post #12100 of 75924
Quote:
Originally Posted by deandbn View Post


I disagree with you mister. The reason I come here is to see the images of these amazing men who dress so well that they inspire me to do better myself. They say an image is worth 1000 words, so please guys, dont use spoilers at all, show me the details, because thats what i have come here to see. The close ups of your tie knots, and close ups of the various fabric colours and texture makes all the difference. So again, please guys, dont use spoilers because then i would have to click, click, click everytime i want to see the details that you have taken so much time to photgraph in the first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post


33

+1
post #12101 of 75924
Autumn temperatures have returned to Manhattan, as reflected in today's fit.

Suit & shirt - BB GF
Tie - Charvet
PS - anonymous maker
Cufflinks - Benson & Clegg, London
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - C & J

IMGP1083461x1280.jpg
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

IMGP1084685x1280.jpg

IMGP1080955x1280.jpg

IMGP1081977x1280.jpg
post #12102 of 75924
.
Edited by Louis XIV - 10/12/11 at 10:38am
post #12103 of 75924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Lufty and fries, so you think the cufflinks shown by TB look as nicely as a pair of sterling silver ones?

jedem das seine: i, personally, do not like shiny cufflinks for normal usage - that is to say, not necessarily on formal occasions, but under dressier circumstances. therefore i appreciate silk knots, which allow one to wear french cuffs and embark on some interesting coordination for little money.
post #12104 of 75924
.
Edited by Louis XIV - 10/12/11 at 10:37am
post #12105 of 75924
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Can't agree more with your first sentence - each to their own.

Personally I would either go with french cuff + silver/shiny cufflinks or barrel cuff, but discussing different opinions of style is what we are here for, right?
Was only confused about the face palm, as to me it indicates a ridiculous faux pas which I still not think I commited, just different ideas of what/how to wear it.

somehow i got mixed up while multiquoting and thought the facepalm was for a differnet quote (the one about spoiler tags), although i happened to agree with lufty's sentiments, if not perhaps his enthusiasm.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III