or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 804

post #12046 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
1020
1000

1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
DSCF7885.jpgDSCF7886.jpgDSCF7891.jpg

Both of these deserve praise. Good to see you two in here again. UC - that's a dammed fat knot. happy.gif
post #12047 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


hmm. others may disagree, and i know my opinion isnt much, but Id wear that. I really like the tie as well....details on the tie and PS?

handmade tie from a street artisan in korea (i thought this was "grenadine" but some say it's a "knit tie" ... it's woven silk and shaped like your typical tie with the triangular tip)
pocket square by robert talbott (by way of spoo)

i bought 2 of the ties, a burgundy and navy
here's the navy one to show you better details
and the ps from spoo's classified post
and picture of the ps and the shirt i am wearing laid out Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
rps20110831_141134.jpg
DSC_0003-1.jpg
rps20110909_205641.jpg

Edited by XKxRome0ox - 9/15/11 at 10:27am
post #12048 of 75961
gnarly marc jacobs plaid
moras in brown (again)

263

263

263
post #12049 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post


handmade tie from a street artisan in korea (i thought this was "grenadine" but some say it's a "knit tie" ... it's woven silk and shaped like your typical tie with the triangular tip)
pocket square by robert talbott (by way of spoo)

i bought 2 of the ties, a burgundy and navy
here's the navy one to show you better details
and the ps from spoo's classified post
and picture of the ps and the shirt i am wearing laid out Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
rps20110831_141134.jpg
DSC_0003-1.jpg
rps20110909_205641.jpg

love it man. You shouldve bought a ton more of those ties. I want one. inlove.gif
post #12050 of 75961
Seeing the full-length, I realize how small the lapels are and how high the buttoning point is. Grrrr. mad.gif
640
375
560

Any thoughts on the textures here... is the fine corduroy okay with the worsted pants - Flannel would be better, no?
post #12051 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post


handmade tie from a street artisan in korea (i thought this was "grenadine" but some say it's a "knit tie" ... it's woven silk and shaped like your typical tie with the triangular tip)
pocket square by robert talbott (by way of spoo)

i bought 2 of the ties, a burgundy and navy
here's the navy one to show you better details
and the ps from spoo's classified post
and picture of the ps and the shirt i am wearing laid out
rps20110831_141134.jpg


Really like this combo.
post #12052 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

Today...I don't really have a PS that goes well with this SC....suggestions? I'm thinking it has to be a silk one. I also need to get a wool or knit tie to go with this SC...suggestions there?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
467

469


PS works for me although a red or burgundy with a hint of blue might be better (IMHO)

I think a solid navy wool or knit would kill, or very subtle patterned navy (pindot??)

Overall, thats a great SC, I will retierate the question, is it KEI?
post #12053 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpreston View Post


I think a solid navy wool or knit would kill, or very subtle patterned navy (pindot??)

Overall, thats a great SC, I will retierate the question, is it KEI?

Sorry, I didn't see your earlier question, but it is kei - I think I posted that a page or so back.

I was thinking solid navy knit as well. I think the pattern on the SC is too bold/thick to pair well with a pindot, but I could be wrong. It would mean that I should probably have non-navy trousers though. Then maybe a dark grey trou? I'm still contemplating PS options...
post #12054 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threadbearer View Post

I only have two summer-weight jackets. Sorry you've been seeing so much of them lately. Thread Bear (Click to show)
Leaning-50.jpg
Closeup-104.jpg
Sleeve-27.jpg

White shoes after Labor Day? I am appalled, sir. lol8[1].gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post

Purplesaurus Rex (Click to show)
Not having worn this suit in several months, it's always interesting to see where it's gotten tight, or where it has gotten loose - happily, with this suit, within tolerable limits for both.

Suit - BB
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - Hackett
Cufflinks - Metropolitan Museum of Art
Collar pin - BB
PS - RLPL
Shoes - To Boot Adam Derrick (via Saks)

IMGP1076448x1280.jpg

IMGP1078638x1280.jpg

IMGP10731196x1280.jpg

IMGP1074865x1280.jpg

If Prince did MC...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Oh my god I'm tired. Spoo, Fatigued (Click to show)

a4eec874.jpg
5e8eb511.jpg
8d445772.jpg
05294004.jpg

Lovely. Is the tie's ground brown or black. Looks brown on my screen. If so, I like how the shoes pick up the color down below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by luftvier View Post

Awaiting the change where I can bring out the heavier-weight coats. Teh Luft (Click to show)
6150200198_255e33c33a_b.jpg
6149651231_78889ebc13_z.jpg
6149654035_ce325d0d0f_z.jpg

Unusual shoes, Lufty. They seem to be outside your typical aesthetic. Outlier or new direction?
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post

unbelragazzo (Click to show)
Today...I don't really have a PS that goes well with this SC....suggestions? I'm thinking it has to be a silk one. I also need to get a wool or knit tie to go with this SC...suggestions there?

467

469

I disagree. You *do* have a PS that goes well with that SC. The one you have on, sir. Very nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

No swans were harmed in this shoot (Click to show)
1020

1000

1014

Very good, UC. Maybe a bit too much smoothing in post, though? I presume that you got some low-light noise and were trying to spare us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post

Orgetorix (Click to show)
DSCF7885.jpgDSCF7886.jpgDSCF7891.jpg

Excellent, Orge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

Rome (Click to show)
trying yet again to make my new pocketsquare work
(i know i'm doing it backwards... trying to match my shirt and tie to the pocketsquare... instead of pocketsquare to the rest of the outfit... but i am still working with only 3 ps's)
rps20110915_091457.jpg
but at least i think it works better than my previous attempts

rps20110915_091829.jpg
and i need to get something other than cap toe... almost all my dress shoes are cap toe
next purchase will be a brown (leather or suede) double monk ... NO captoe

A bit of purple overload, but acceptable. Would present better if the collar and tie were adjusted to look neater.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milecargo View Post

milecargo (Click to show)
263

263

263

The tie without jacket comes off as High School Senior Interviews At Best Buy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by inlandisland View Post

Any thoughts on the textures here... is the fine corduroy okay with the worsted pants - Flannel would be better, no?

Flannel would be better.
post #12055 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Unusual shoes, Lufty. They seem to be outside your typical aesthetic. Outlier or new direction?

I have two pair of black AEs - the Fairfax on the 5 last and the Westgate on the 8. They sneak in from time to time, and my "sleek" black shoes.
post #12056 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerC View Post


That PS looks very nice. Details?

Thanks! It's Façonnable, thrifted.

th_b582dcee.jpg
post #12057 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by milecargo View Post

gnarly marc jacobs plaid
moras in brown (again)

263

263

I'm guessing that's a pretty dressed up look for where you work? I like it.
post #12058 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post


Sorry, I didn't see your earlier question, but it is kei - I think I posted that a page or so back.

I was thinking solid navy knit as well. I think the pattern on the SC is too bold/thick to pair well with a pindot, but I could be wrong. It would mean that I should probably have non-navy trousers though. Then maybe a dark grey trou? I'm still contemplating PS options...

I might have missed your answer. I think I have the same SC, and have yet to wear it. I am still a relative noob at this (have been wearing a uniform for most of my adult life) but I think it will work with blue trou or gray. I am also going to play around with some very sublte patterned ties, and keep the shirt solid.
post #12059 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


love it man. You shouldve bought a ton more of those ties. I want one. inlove.gif

I'll take a dozen bigstar[1].gif
post #12060 of 75961
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post


White shoes after Labor Day? I am appalled, sir. lol8[1].gif

If Prince did MC....

As for white shoes after Labor Day, every time that I hear that phrase, I can only think of the last scene of the movie "Serial Mom", where Kathleen Turner beats Patty Hearst to death with a payphone handset for wearing white shoes after Labor Day - but I repeat myself, I believe.

As for a comparison between myself and Prince, I'm twice as tall and twice as heavy - I believe that both Dr. Ruth and Paula Abdul tower over him, and may outweigh him as well.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III