or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 784  

post #11746 of 78723
who gives a f*ck about the damn flag?? can someone get this back on track with some fit pics? Lets argue about southern racism in a new thread in CE and not sully up this one. chrissakes.
post #11747 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

who gives a f*ck about the damn flag?? can someone get this back on track with some fit pics? Lets argue about southern racism in a new thread in CE and not sully up this one. chrissakes.

From the south and agree. Here we go. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, rushed this morning.

close_up.jpg
full.jpg
shoe.png
post #11748 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_umbrella View Post


From the south and agree. Here we go. Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics, rushed this morning.

close_up.jpg
full.jpg
shoe.png

The tie is a little boring but thats just my personal prefence. Is it from Club Monaco? Otherwise I like the outfit, you may just need some tailoring with the jacket but I cant really tell from your position.
post #11749 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Let the games begin.
268d0aeb.jpg
e3acf696.jpg
350a67dc.jpg
105af4bc.jpg

Spoo, looking sharp as usual. Is this really a half-windsor or FIH knot?
post #11750 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post


Spoo, looking sharp as usual. Is this really a half-windsor or FIH knot?

It's always FIH or double FIH. ALWAYS!
post #11751 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Yeah, hate to break it to you but plenty of people in The South associate it with racism too.

mouse, nice to see you posting here. can we get a fit pic please
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post

who gives a f*ck about the damn flag?? can someone get this back on track with some fit pics? Lets argue about southern racism in a new thread in CE and not sully up this one. chrissakes.

luzar. i am actually sitting on a fit pic but i look like such a fat p.o.s. i dont want to post it. frown.gif
post #11752 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post


The tie is a little boring but thats just my personal prefence. Is it from Club Monaco? Otherwise I like the outfit, you may just need some tailoring with the jacket but I cant really tell from your position.

JCrew actually, but that's the same company (I think) so, should be similar. The sleeves are too long on this jacket, but I'm still trying to find a tailor that I trust. Had a recent very bad experience (think double vents to ventless without informing me....) and I'm a little gun shy.
post #11753 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post


luzar. i am actually sitting on a fit pic but i look like such a fat p.o.s. i dont want to post it. frown.gif

stop being a baby. Post it brutha!
post #11754 of 78723
.
Edited by Louis XIV - 10/12/11 at 10:55am
post #11755 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_umbrella View Post


JCrew actually, but that's the same company (I think) so, should be similar. The sleeves are too long on this jacket, but I'm still trying to find a tailor that I trust. Had a recent very bad experience (think double vents to ventless without informing me....) and I'm a little gun shy.

Club Monaco is a Ralph Lauren brand, FWIW.
post #11756 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


stop being a baby. Post it brutha!

fine. here it is. i hate it. terrible pose and the tie knot is huge. and im a fat cow.

the tie btw is TF from spoo. it was "free." well at least thats what i told the mrs. devil.gif

2011-09-11_21-43-34_550-1.jpg
post #11757 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by unbelragazzo View Post


I think you're underestimating the degree to which WITHIN THE SOUTH, the flag is seen as symbol of Southern pride, and not racism. (e.g. the OP had it in his picture, I assume not to show us all how racist he is, but that he is a Southerner...his handle is southernstyle after all.) Outside of the South, people see it and just think slave-owning racists. Within the South, there is often at least a hint of that, but it stands for much more than that IMHO.

This ^

I didn't come on here to start a controversy over the racial perception of a flag older than any of us. The flag stands for Southern independence from Union political control but if you think it stands for racism then you would be disappointed to know Lincoln had no dissension towards slavery at all and in fact in a letter to Horace Greeley wrote: "My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and it is not either to save or destroy slavery, If I could save the Union without freeing any slave, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that." I apologize to anyone that I may have offended and will take pictures elsewhere next time. Back to our regularly scheduled program.... bigstar[1].gif
post #11758 of 78723
rps20110912_072124.jpg
rps20110912_081721.jpg
too busy?
first time mixing so many colors and patterns
post #11759 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

rps20110912_072124.jpg
rps20110912_081721.jpg
too busy?
first time mixing so many colors and patterns

not feeling the PS with that combo. Great shoes though! love the tie too. I think it wouldve looked a bit better with a lightblue bengal stripe maybe.
post #11760 of 78723
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

rps20110912_072124.jpg
rps20110912_081721.jpg
too busy?
first time mixing so many colors and patterns
I like it except the pocket sq. The colors dont really match. Where is that tie from?
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_umbrella View Post


JCrew actually, but that's the same company (I think) so, should be similar. The sleeves are too long on this jacket, but I'm still trying to find a tailor that I trust. Had a recent very bad experience (think double vents to ventless without informing me....) and I'm a little gun shy.

Thats crazy! The tailor made a suit that had double vents, ventless??? How can you even do that?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III