or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 779  

post #11671 of 78722
^^ yes, good eyes - although i wish i had brought some cash along with me on my ride and been able to replenished the electrolytes at fageralm instead of this terrible coffee shop, but i digress.

i hope you're having some lakeside quality time in this weather...
post #11672 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_fries View Post

^^ yes, good eyes

you're welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_fries View Post

i hope you're having some lakeside quality time in this weather...

i definitely have. the lake is still around 19/20 celsius and i had a swim today.
post #11673 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_fries View Post


everybody's on that jacket being too slim - i can't place the issue on slim, but something looks strange on it, particularly around the shoulders. it doesn't at all look like you can't button it, in fact i'd wager you have too much room around your gut when you do. have you had it altered? can you take another picture of it buttoned?

otherwise i like the outfit, but would exchange the red stripe shirt for some strip that works better color-wise with the pants.

700

heres the same jacket buttoned from a week or so ago
post #11674 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post


+1. I also have a high instep and can't wear most of the double monks that I try on, but there are a few brands that I can wear comfortably. Buy what fits.

I am in the market for double monks and I likewise have a high instep-which brands do you find find wearable?
post #11675 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillax View Post


I am in the market for double monks and I likewise have a high instep-which brands do you find find wearable?

G&G may work for you.
post #11676 of 78722
Before a sunday stroll in the park.
700
yada yada (Click to show)
700
700

Edit: Yeah, I know the apartment looks like a mess, but we haven't gotten around to finish the furnishing/interior decoration yet.
post #11677 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


700

heres the same jacket buttoned from a week or so ago

Out-f**king-standing, son.
post #11678 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


700

heres the same jacket buttoned from a week or so ago

you're lucky i have a laptop.

what a difference a button and a week make. nice job. may i ask for details on the jacket?
post #11679 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillax View Post


I am in the market for double monks and I likewise have a high instep-which brands do you find find wearable?

Mine are by John Lobb: a couple pairs of double and a pair of single strap.
post #11680 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendvc View Post

Handmade Wingtip Espadrilles

 

Just received these in the mail. They fit a little too big, but I'll have to make them work.


They look comfy.
post #11681 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_fries View Post


you're lucky i have a laptop.

what a difference a button and a week make. nice job. may i ask for details on the jacket?

I think the big difference is a solid shirt and buttoning the jacket. wink.gif I dont have much info on the jacket. picked it up at a :gasp: consignment shop. Its Samuelsohn fabric i believe. or made by samuelsohn. MOP buttons and patch pockets.
post #11682 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by bendvc View Post

Handmade Wingtip Espadrilles

 

Just received these in the mail. They fit a little too big, but I'll have to make them work.


Church's?
post #11683 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


I think the big difference is a solid shirt and buttoning the jacket. wink.gif I dont have much info on the jacket. picked it up at a :gasp: consignment shop. Its Samuelsohn fabric i believe. or made by samuelsohn. MOP buttons and patch pockets.

consignment shop? those things still exist?

great find in any case. i'm looking to replace my only blue SC, which has mysteriously disappeared, and am debating whether to look for a deal or just wait out the winter until i'm in a position to get one made.
post #11684 of 78722
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_fries View Post


consignment shop? those things still exist?

great find in any case. i'm looking to replace my only blue SC, which has mysteriously disappeared, and am debating whether to look for a deal or just wait out the winter until i'm in a position to get one made.

theres a pretty good one in nashville. My last trip there they had a dozen charvet shirts in various fabrics for 80 bucks. none in 15.5 though.

Im a cheap bastard, but am learning to spend money when needed. I got lucky, but the coat could be better. Im in youre same boat, but about 80% leaning on having one made. I know ill get the use out of it.
post #11685 of 78722
tumblr_lrdh9iSsPq1qa2j8co1_500.jpg

Went to a friend's wedding yesterday, and my wife was in the ceremony, so I was in charge of baby management smile.gif.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III