or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 721

post #10801 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

I love the seersucker, Crusty, but I just can't get behind a black horse bit loafer with it. Especially with that tie, it would have been the perfect opportunity to break out a cordovan loafer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_fries View Post


the shoes don't go at all with the suit - best would be grey or white derby, or even tan...

In retrospect, Spoo-meister, you are correct - had I not been laboring under the effects of too much pinot noir from last night (a retirement party for a former boss) I might well have considered cordovan loafers with the suit, though I've worn today's loafers with this ensemble before, and not been smacked around for it previously. Live and learn - thanks for the suggestion.

Freedom, I do have a pair of white bucks, which I've also worn with seersucker, but was smacked around a bit by one of the soi-disant experts here, stating that they were too light. I do not wear grey shoes of any description.
post #10802 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS View Post


not sure why, but Im REALLY liking that look the fella on the right is wearing. rolled up sleeves on the coat? not sonething I thought id like...too gimmicky...but that looks damn slick. DerekS will be trying that at the cocktail party this weekend.

I'm with you on that one Derek. I had functioning buttons put on the cuffs of both of my Isaia cotton sport coats for just this purpose.

I know it's not something most people on here go for - but I really like the look for social occasions - as long as the coat is of a casual nature.

Maybe it's a throw back to my youth during the Miami Vice era??? crackup[1].gif

stirpot.gif
post #10803 of 75711
Derek S., next time can you please remove the gherkin from your pants before taking the pic.

Spoo, you're a good egg.
post #10804 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by upr_crust View Post




In retrospect, Spoo-meister, you are correct - had I not been laboring under the effects of too much pinot noir from last night (a retirement party for a former boss) I might well have considered cordovan loafers with the suit, though I've worn today's loafers with this ensemble before, and not been smacked around for it previously. Live and learn - thanks for the suggestion.

Freedom, I do have a pair of white bucks, which I've also worn with seersucker, but was smacked around a bit by one of the soi-disant experts here, stating that they were too light. I do not wear grey shoes of any description.

white bucks + seersucker would have been traditional and good - i don't know how anyone can criticize that combination.. i saw someone with grey seersucker and grey brogues at a wedding once, and the combination looked pretty nice. any shade of brown or cordovan also goes well with blue seersucker.
post #10805 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

Teh Spoo (Click to show)
87421b0f.jpg

All of the action is happening here. I don't think the bottom half of the fit is keeping up with it.
post #10806 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post

Derek S., next time can you please remove the gherkin from your pants before taking the pic.
.

oops. shog[1].gif

Stop looking at my crank.
post #10807 of 75711
500
500
500
500
Thanks to DaveSmith for the lovely TomFord tie and square!
-TTO
post #10808 of 75711
Wow that is fantastic TTO. smile.gif
post #10809 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpooPoker View Post

The last Friday of August. frown.gif

That coat, he teh duck'z nutz, no?

and she tie so soft and fuzzy - bella!
post #10810 of 75711
Just a quick flyby to wish the best of luck to all of my East Coast friends.

Please heed any evacuation orders. If you live near the coast, get out. If you live near rivers, creeks, etc. and you are in a flood zone, get out.

This storm will likely strengthen as it approaches the Outer Banks. As it travels north, It will merge with a trough and the northern located jet, which will provide enough ventilation to keep it a strong storm.

Even if it weakens, it is huge, with an enormous windfield. It is pushing a wall of water in front of it (50 foot waves beneath it right now). It will dump massive rainfall, some of it falling on already saturated areas (like Pennsylvania).

It is not a threat to be taken lightly.

Stay safe and stylish.

Mike
post #10811 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post


And I have the exact opposite opinion - sorry Cary G! worship.gif

I actually think we're saying the same thing. I don't like the color of the trousers against the coat much either - what you suggested would probably be better.
My point was that even white would be a less-stark contrast against HF's coat versus the very dark Kiton.
post #10812 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post

Just a quick flyby to wish the best of luck to all of my East Coast friends.

Please heed any evacuation orders. If you live near the coast, get out. If you live near rivers, creeks, etc. and you are in a flood zone, get out.

This storm will likely strengthen as it approaches the Outer Banks. As it travels north, It will merge with a trough and the northern located jet, which will provide enough ventilation to keep it a strong storm.

Even if it weakens, it is huge, with an enormous windfield. It is pushing a wall of water in front of it (50 foot waves beneath it right now). It will dump massive rainfall, some of it falling on already saturated areas (like Pennsylvania).

It is not a threat to be taken lightly.

Stay safe and stylish.

Mike

It dropped almost 20 in. of rain when it passed round here, and it was just a baby then.
post #10813 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourmaninLisbon View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

60.jpg

 

63.jpg

 

62.jpg

 

61.jpg

 

Here comes one more weekend. Enjoy it.

 

Cheers

 

Vic

 


Nice shoes, especially, Vic
Have a great weekend!
post #10814 of 75711
TTO - looks great from afar. Everything fits well. However I can't get behind the weave of that tie. I like the spread collar, but would be oodles better if it was a plain blue shirt.
post #10815 of 75711
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTO View Post

500
500
500
500
Thanks to DaveSmith for the lovely TomFord tie and square!
-TTO
Not sure about the colour of your hat fitting that suit.
Edited by Achillus - 8/27/11 at 8:14am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III