to meet gianni with his name on your suit. not too bad.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 11:30 am in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 709post #10621 of 787178/23/11 at 12:16pmpost #10622 of 787178/23/11 at 12:24pmpost #10623 of 787178/23/11 at 1:05pmpost #10624 of 787178/23/11 at 1:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by Adarael
This? This is exactly how I would dress if I had my druthers.** Love the dark colors with the splash of blue - exactly the kind of thing that makes me smile. Especially with those shoes. Totally killer.
**I work in a business where dressing in a suit is actually inappropriate in the extreme.
I hope that earthquake hasn't caused the big harm.post #10625 of 787178/23/11 at 1:50pmpost #10626 of 787178/23/11 at 2:05pmpost #10627 of 787178/23/11 at 2:23pmpost #10628 of 787178/23/11 at 2:58pm
No, it was in VA. But they shared it with the rest of the mid-Atlantic.
Local seismologists recently decided to split the difference at 5.9. Certainly a doozy for the Piedmont, but nothing that would impress our friends on the Left Coast.Quote:
Only a few drama queens.post #10629 of 787178/23/11 at 3:41pmpost #10630 of 787178/23/11 at 3:47pmI vote for sell the suit, Spoo - the fabric up close looks a shade sleazy, and the shoulders are big-looking on you.
As for the local earthquake, I felt nothing, but, as I had been sequestered in a former bank vault for the afternoon, having a long and quite deliciously boozy lunch (a retirement party for a former boss), there could have been a thermonuclear attack at street level and I don't think that I would have felt that either.post #10631 of 787178/23/11 at 4:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by upr_crust
As for the local earthquake, I felt nothing, but, as I had been sequestered in a former bank vault for the afternoon, having a long and quite deliciously boozy lunch (a retirement party for a former boss), there could have been a thermonuclear attack at street level and I don't think that I would have felt that either.
i didnt feel shit either, but i was busy in bed doing discover channelpost #10632 of 787178/23/11 at 4:24pmQuote:
Octopus? I thought Spoo might be a secret adherent to the Cthulu cult. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!post #10633 of 787178/23/11 at 4:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Been considering selling this suit for a bit, so testing out one more wear to see if I do want to keep it. The shoulders are a bit big. Keep it, or work on it? Its a very dark chocolate brown. Also, lapels are a bit skinnier than my others, but that does not bother me so much. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by TTO
Spoo, the lapels are more of a dealbreaker for me than the shoulders, also is the sleeve (your right) twisting a little.
The fabric is interesting, not sure if I like it or not...seems more of a cocktail suit than business wear. overall, the combo works for me, but the suits detailing isnt quite sitting right.
I think you can and do better with others.
Sorry if I'm being harsh, but if your not sure as well, I say flip it forward.
I never made it past the lapels, honestly. Sell.
Ouch...I just read the next page. It would appear that my advice was not necessary. Oh well, post count still goes up by one whether it's meaningful or not.post #10634 of 787178/23/11 at 4:49pmpost #10635 of 787178/23/11 at 5:37pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Who makes the best looking Cordovan Long Wing Blucher? 57 seconds ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 1 minute ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 8 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 8 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 10 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding