Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 2:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 703post #10531 of 787208/22/11 at 4:29pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10532 of 787208/22/11 at 4:55pmQuote:
I love this feature.
The first picture reminds me of my business partner who sold me *censored*, *censored*, and a handful of *censored*.
Love your coat in the second picture. Really good.
Excellent. Great colour combination.
The red bow tie is <borat>veeeeery nice</borat>post #10533 of 787208/22/11 at 5:15pmpost #10534 of 787208/22/11 at 5:28pmHadn't intended to post a fit today, but found myself with a few minutes to spare at the end of the day, so what the hell.. Navy blazer and gingham today. Ignore the crummy knot; I think I referenced my incompetence at knotting a few pages back.
Gawsp, black shoes:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #10535 of 787208/22/11 at 5:42pmpost #10536 of 787208/22/11 at 7:20pmJust a quick thanks to all for your tips and comments today. I agree in hindsight it was not the best choice of tie. I was playing around with negative colors though - and thought if I wore a navy suit with a white shirt and navy tie with beige stripes, it would work - so what would happen if everything was juxtaposed? I guess a swing and a miss. I didn't mind it, to be totally honest - but I agree there were many other options that would have worked better. This is just a pretty difficult suit to pair things with. The last time I wore it, I put it with a chocolate brown grenadine tie and a chocolate suede shoe and I was told to lighten it up a bit. Maybe Ill find the right ground once more before summer is over.post #10537 of 787208/22/11 at 7:23pmpost #10538 of 787208/22/11 at 10:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Holy bejeus Spoo, that suit is a beauty. I'm a long time fan of your posts, just never complimented you. I couldn't resist this time. Cheers to you buddy!post #10539 of 787208/22/11 at 10:42pmpost #10540 of 787208/22/11 at 10:46pmQuote:
The suit is actually found from a thrift store (and it's made in Finland, no brand) and then modified by tailor. So nothing bespoke in that one. I like it quite a lot though
And thanks for all thumb ups guys!
Quote:Originally Posted by TTO
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
& my trousers need pulling up.
Disregarding the lenght of the trou (or the need to pull up the pants), that suit and the combination altogether is great!
Edited by A.J.V - 8/22/11 at 11:03pmpost #10541 of 787208/22/11 at 10:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by VictorSF
You have correctly said it all.
Just want to add that these loops are working, and the jacket can be worn for 3 buttons.
Moreover, on the lapel, on the reverse side is a small button, and you can smell the jacket as the jacket at the collar when it's cold outside.
P.S. A bit like "Mr. Evil"
Interesting. Looks warm.post #10542 of 787208/22/11 at 11:03pm
Thank you all for your comments!
I understand your approach and attitude.
Your position is worthy of respect.
Thank you! Shoes - Red Wing
Not bad! Good
Superb fit jacket! Who tailor?
Length sleeveless jacket - so it was up to? Maybe a little bit to make them shorter? (1 cm)
Once again - fit jacket - super!
I like it! Around the same style, I often like to walk in the park and the streets!
post #10543 of 787208/22/11 at 11:07pmpost #10544 of 787208/22/11 at 11:34pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › The Anderson & Sheppard Expatriates Thread 1 minute ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 11 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 16 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 18 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 19 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 19 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories