Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:38 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Fall Styles for the Tailored Man
Last edited: 10/14/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 696post #10426 of 787198/21/11 at 1:50pmpost #10427 of 787198/21/11 at 1:57pmpost #10428 of 787198/21/11 at 1:59pmpost #10429 of 787198/21/11 at 2:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by VictorSF
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The jeans are no good with this. Shirt collar looks a bit puny, and the blazer seems a bit ill-fitting around the upper chest and neck - it looks as if the coat collar is sliding off your neck and back. I don't know what causes this, or how to fix it, so I'll leave that to those more well-versed in the nuts and bolts of tailoring. I also dislike the blatant pick stitching.
Does anyone else think it's just a hair too short, as well?post #10430 of 787198/21/11 at 2:45pmpost #10431 of 787198/21/11 at 2:58pmpost #10432 of 787198/21/11 at 3:08pmQuote:Quote:
Outstanding! This exchange is (or was) becoming eerily similar to the epic "A Visit to Astor & Black" thread.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/40508/a-visit-to-astor-black/15post #10433 of 787198/21/11 at 3:38pmpost #10434 of 787198/21/11 at 4:17pmpost #10435 of 787198/21/11 at 4:26pmpost #10436 of 787198/21/11 at 4:30pmQuote:
Thanks man, shoes are Vass. Can't remember the model name.Quote:
Zegna from 3 or 4 years ago..post #10437 of 787198/21/11 at 4:32pmAlright folks. Round 2 of wannabe's attempt at sartorial success.
Here's a picture and basic summary (from PG) of what happened in Round 1.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Phat Guido
The PS is the least of your worries..
From top to bottom:
- grow your hair as currently it is not flattering
- shirt collar looks to tight hence sitting up
- wider tie to balance out your lapels & face
- tie clip needs to be worn lower, this is a functional piece not an ornament
- jacket is too tight at waist
- hard ti tell about the sleeve length as both are not balanced to your arms
- pull your pants up as these are not jeans
- shorten pant length
- is there a reason why you always choose this most unflattering location?
light blue shirt.
light blue pocket square.
The shoes are sort of brown and have been polished with brown shoe polish. But they show up here as burgundy. It honestly depends on the light.
So the following things are all attempting the suggestions made by PG and other SF members:
-growing hair out (well, trying to).
-same brand and size shirt.
-added almost an inch to the tie (2 to 2.8 inch width)
-wore tie clip lower.
-didn't touch the jacket waist (only thing tailored was pants, sleeve length, sleeve opening).
-showed sleeve length?
-pulled pants up.
-hopefully got length of pants right.
-still working on location.
Yes, no, maybe so?post #10438 of 787198/21/11 at 4:36pmpost #10439 of 787198/21/11 at 4:43pmpost #10440 of 787198/21/11 at 4:52pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1513 Active Users (318 Members and 1195 Guests)
- › Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot PUT YOUR MONEY... 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 8 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 9 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 11 minutes ago
- › Let's discuss: COS, Collection of Style 13 minutes ago
- › NEW: Barton Perreira Byron Optical Frames with Clip-On Lens 17 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 17 minutes ago
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide
- › AE fit & sizing help
- › 5 of the best Groomsmen’s gifts