Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 3:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 696post #10426 of 787228/21/11 at 1:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10427 of 787228/21/11 at 1:57pmpost #10428 of 787228/21/11 at 1:59pmpost #10429 of 787228/21/11 at 2:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by VictorSF
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The jeans are no good with this. Shirt collar looks a bit puny, and the blazer seems a bit ill-fitting around the upper chest and neck - it looks as if the coat collar is sliding off your neck and back. I don't know what causes this, or how to fix it, so I'll leave that to those more well-versed in the nuts and bolts of tailoring. I also dislike the blatant pick stitching.
Does anyone else think it's just a hair too short, as well?post #10430 of 787228/21/11 at 2:45pmpost #10431 of 787228/21/11 at 2:58pmpost #10432 of 787228/21/11 at 3:08pmQuote:Quote:
Outstanding! This exchange is (or was) becoming eerily similar to the epic "A Visit to Astor & Black" thread.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/40508/a-visit-to-astor-black/15post #10433 of 787228/21/11 at 3:38pmpost #10434 of 787228/21/11 at 4:17pmpost #10435 of 787228/21/11 at 4:26pmpost #10436 of 787228/21/11 at 4:30pmQuote:
Thanks man, shoes are Vass. Can't remember the model name.Quote:
Zegna from 3 or 4 years ago..post #10437 of 787228/21/11 at 4:32pmAlright folks. Round 2 of wannabe's attempt at sartorial success.
Here's a picture and basic summary (from PG) of what happened in Round 1.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Phat Guido
The PS is the least of your worries..
From top to bottom:
- grow your hair as currently it is not flattering
- shirt collar looks to tight hence sitting up
- wider tie to balance out your lapels & face
- tie clip needs to be worn lower, this is a functional piece not an ornament
- jacket is too tight at waist
- hard ti tell about the sleeve length as both are not balanced to your arms
- pull your pants up as these are not jeans
- shorten pant length
- is there a reason why you always choose this most unflattering location?
light blue shirt.
light blue pocket square.
The shoes are sort of brown and have been polished with brown shoe polish. But they show up here as burgundy. It honestly depends on the light.
So the following things are all attempting the suggestions made by PG and other SF members:
-growing hair out (well, trying to).
-same brand and size shirt.
-added almost an inch to the tie (2 to 2.8 inch width)
-wore tie clip lower.
-didn't touch the jacket waist (only thing tailored was pants, sleeve length, sleeve opening).
-showed sleeve length?
-pulled pants up.
-hopefully got length of pants right.
-still working on location.
Yes, no, maybe so?post #10438 of 787228/21/11 at 4:36pmpost #10439 of 787228/21/11 at 4:43pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1454 Active Users (339 Members and 1115 Guests)
- › The Official Wine Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fitness Vs Health - Both Are Important But Are They The Same 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 3 minutes ago
- › Filling Pieces Low Top Off White sz 37 Brand new in box 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › RM Williams Boots - Everything You Wanted to Know 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...