Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCasual Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- brandCeasare Attolinitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/20/11
- topicKitontagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandKiton Napolitagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- brandSartoriotagged by The_Foxx, 11/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11More
- categorySuits Blazerstagged by SYSTEM, 10/11/11
- topicTweedtagged by SYSTEM, 10/16/11
Related Forum Threads
- Please critique my first suit! Last post on 9/15/11 at 8:36am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
- Friday WAYWRN Challenge - Best "FU" SC - Who did it best? VOTE!!! Last post on 2/22/11 at 4:40pm in Classic Menswear
- High Grade Cleanout....Suits, SCs, Shoes, Ties..DROPS and ADDS!!!! Last post on 2/20/11 at 3:30am in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
- Is this style suitable for 30 years old men who wants to look like fun. Last post on 8/26/13 at 9:34am in Classic Menswear
What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III - Page 696post #10426 of 787248/21/11 at 1:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #10427 of 787248/21/11 at 1:57pmpost #10428 of 787248/21/11 at 1:59pmpost #10429 of 787248/21/11 at 2:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by VictorSF
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The jeans are no good with this. Shirt collar looks a bit puny, and the blazer seems a bit ill-fitting around the upper chest and neck - it looks as if the coat collar is sliding off your neck and back. I don't know what causes this, or how to fix it, so I'll leave that to those more well-versed in the nuts and bolts of tailoring. I also dislike the blatant pick stitching.
Does anyone else think it's just a hair too short, as well?post #10430 of 787248/21/11 at 2:45pmpost #10431 of 787248/21/11 at 2:58pmpost #10432 of 787248/21/11 at 3:08pmQuote:Quote:
Outstanding! This exchange is (or was) becoming eerily similar to the epic "A Visit to Astor & Black" thread.
http://www.styleforum.net/t/40508/a-visit-to-astor-black/15post #10433 of 787248/21/11 at 3:38pmpost #10434 of 787248/21/11 at 4:17pmpost #10435 of 787248/21/11 at 4:26pmpost #10436 of 787248/21/11 at 4:30pmQuote:
Thanks man, shoes are Vass. Can't remember the model name.Quote:
Zegna from 3 or 4 years ago..post #10437 of 787248/21/11 at 4:32pmAlright folks. Round 2 of wannabe's attempt at sartorial success.
Here's a picture and basic summary (from PG) of what happened in Round 1.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Phat Guido
The PS is the least of your worries..
From top to bottom:
- grow your hair as currently it is not flattering
- shirt collar looks to tight hence sitting up
- wider tie to balance out your lapels & face
- tie clip needs to be worn lower, this is a functional piece not an ornament
- jacket is too tight at waist
- hard ti tell about the sleeve length as both are not balanced to your arms
- pull your pants up as these are not jeans
- shorten pant length
- is there a reason why you always choose this most unflattering location?
light blue shirt.
light blue pocket square.
The shoes are sort of brown and have been polished with brown shoe polish. But they show up here as burgundy. It honestly depends on the light.
So the following things are all attempting the suggestions made by PG and other SF members:
-growing hair out (well, trying to).
-same brand and size shirt.
-added almost an inch to the tie (2 to 2.8 inch width)
-wore tie clip lower.
-didn't touch the jacket waist (only thing tailored was pants, sleeve length, sleeve opening).
-showed sleeve length?
-pulled pants up.
-hopefully got length of pants right.
-still working on location.
Yes, no, maybe so?post #10438 of 787248/21/11 at 4:36pmpost #10439 of 787248/21/11 at 4:43pm
This thread is locked
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1711 Active Users (192 Members and 1519 Guests)
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 3 minutes ago
- › How do you think this suit fits? Please do let me know! 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › Will this work for a wedding, or should I get a nicer suit altered. 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 8 minutes ago
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 9 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 12 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 13 minutes ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)