or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › 12 Reasons Some Women Hate Nice Guys....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

12 Reasons Some Women Hate Nice Guys.... - Page 4

post #46 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner-guy View Post
Totally agree with this. Women go after bad boys for the adventure of it. However, once they hit 30 they start going after the nicer guys because they realize they can't marry the bad boy.

That's a huge cliche and I honestly don't think it's about chasing bad boys for most of them. I just think they develop totally unrealistic expectations because of the barrage of media and delusional girlfriends telling them what they deserve and turning any small flaw into a deal-breaker when most of the time the only thing they have going for them is looks (and most don't even have that). If you offer nothing but something fleeting, you shouldn't be criticizing imo.
post #47 of 69
i blame masturbation and porn. guys care less now, b/c jerkin it is quick and easy. women can be bitches, it's harder. seriously, it's true.
post #48 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post
i blame masturbation and porn.
guys care less now, b/c jerkin it is quick and easy.

women can be bitches, it's harder.
seriously, it's true.

Do you really think men masturbated less in the past then they do now?
post #49 of 69
it's much easier to do than before with more visual simulation than before. add in the lack of emphasis on real social interaction and i'd say there's probably a slight increase in masturbatory activities.
post #50 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingazn View Post
it's much easier to do than before with more visual simulation than before.

add in the lack of emphasis on real social interaction and i'd say there's probably a slight increase in masturbatory activities.

And that has what exactly to do with any of this? MMORPGs made me less intersted in women at one time, but porn never did.

And I still don't get what this has to do with nice guys finishing last, which is what the OP is about.
post #51 of 69
So lets see, if your a pussy you won't get any ass? Isn't that common sense.
post #52 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
I just think they develop totally unrealistic expectations because of the barrage of media and delusional girlfriends telling them what they deserve and turning any small flaw into a deal-breaker when most of the time the only thing they have going for them is looks (and most don't even have that). If you offer nothing but something fleeting, you shouldn't be criticizing imo.

Ironically this is the same thing they say about men. Check the "would you hit it" for confirmation.
post #53 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_jack View Post
ironically this is the same thing they say about men
Well, I think most men are douches so i'm not too invested in defending them, but I think it's less true. Men that aren't particularly attractive generally know it and don't have all their friends telling them how sexy they look and "OMG you're totally hot and no you don't look fat at all!" until they believe it. Men, as a whole, are basically told to settle for what they can get. Women are never told this and everyone indulges their fantasies. Men, ultimately, are forced to deal with the reality a lot sooner than women are or they will never get laid, ever.
post #54 of 69
Thread Starter 
I have to say that moving from Tampa Bay to a college town was very interesting on the girl front. I now live in a large town - around 200,000 metro, with colleges that have a combined 60,000 students, 40,000 of whom are female.

The interesting thing is the effect of the competition of all the college girls on the age 23-30 group of women. To be brief, it is much, much, much easier to get a hot girl here than it was in Tampa Bay. Much, much easier. The only place that's even been close for me is Washington DC. And not just college girls, but the post-college girls feel the competition and seem to adjust their behavior accordingly (I've actually had girls tell me this and a few complain about it). And I don't even go to college bars.
post #55 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
I have to say that moving from Tampa Bay to a college town was very interesting on the girl front. I now live in a large town - around 200,000 metro, with colleges that have a combined 60,000 students, 40,000 of whom are female.

The interesting thing is the effect of the competition of all the college girls on the age 23-30 group of women. To be brief, it is much, much, much easier to get a hot girl here than it was in Tampa Bay. Much, much easier. The only place that's even been close for me is Washington DC. And not just college girls, but the post-college girls feel the competition and seem to adjust their behavior accordingly (I've actually had girls tell me this and a few complain about it). And I don't even go to college bars.

that's awesome.
post #56 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan View Post
I have to say that moving from Tampa Bay to a college town was very interesting on the girl front. I now live in a large town - around 200,000 metro, with colleges that have a combined 60,000 students, 40,000 of whom are female. The interesting thing is the effect of the competition of all the college girls on the age 23-30 group of women. To be brief, it is much, much, much easier to get a hot girl here than it was in Tampa Bay. Much, much easier. The only place that's even been close for me is Washington DC. And not just college girls, but the post-college girls feel the competition and seem to adjust their behavior accordingly (I've actually had girls tell me this and a few complain about it). And I don't even go to college bars.
which college town? my school had 70% guys i'm originally from the tampa bay area...one of the reasons I didn't move back after college is the lack of quality women
post #57 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRA8324 View Post
which college town? my school had 70% guys

i'm originally from the tampa bay area...one of the reasons I didn't move back after college is the lack of quality women

Tallahassee.
post #58 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
I agree. I call them the Sex and the City generation. They're filled with idiotic ideas about men and relationships. Anyway, let them stay single into their 30s looking for their Mr. Big that for 99.99% of them will never arrive. The irony is the ones that aren't so fucking crazy are the ones most likely to land a guy worth keeping.

+1. Honestly, the hottest chicks I've met, and the smartest ones (med/law students, etc), are the least opinionated about their 'ideal guy' and least likely to make generalizations about relationships.... it's the lonely fat or average-looking chick that's always ranting on and on about abstract ideals for that crap, probably because they're compensating for their own insecurity. That isn't to say that parts of the article aren't true, it's just that if you're halfway intelligent and moderately experienced in relationships, you do them instinctively.
post #59 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandres View Post
In my experience teens and early 20's chicks prefer the "bad boys". Once they're out in the real world they come around quickly when the bad boys end up operating heavy equipment for a living.

+1
post #60 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by GQgeek View Post
I agree. I call them the Sex and the City generation. They're filled with idiotic ideas about men and relationships. Anyway, let them stay single into their 30s looking for their Mr. Big that for 99.99% of them will never arrive. The irony is the ones that aren't so fucking crazy are the ones most likely to land a guy worth keeping.

Alas that is pretty much the single straight North American women under 45 demographic right there.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › 12 Reasons Some Women Hate Nice Guys....