or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread - Page 55

post #811 of 1861
Alfred Sargent Selkirk Brown Zug Veld Boot from AFPoS.




post #812 of 1861
Alfred Sargent Fordham Balck Calf Derby Boots




post #813 of 1861
Thank you for your support and great photos.
post #814 of 1861
Anyone know about the sizing of Ducker & Son (E), say, compared to C&J 348? Would I size down 1/2 from US or 1 full?
post #815 of 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

Thank you for your support and great photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

Thank you for your support and great photos.[/quote5
Julian,

Are you getting more RTW. you stock is getting low in larger sizes. AS and C&J work well!
post #816 of 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by yywwyy View Post

Anyone know about the sizing of Ducker & Son (E), say, compared to C&J 348? Would I size down 1/2 from US or 1 full?

In my experience, you need to go down only 1/2 a size from US, for example, US 11 to UK 10.5.
post #817 of 1861
Hello

Interested about the AS Exclusive "Armfield". Saw various pictures from different angles, their shape (109 last) seems to me extraordinarily similar to EG's 202 last.

I went recently to GJ Cleverley and saw a very close sibling (including identical calligraphy inside the little leather window). When asking what last the shoe was made on, the salesman politely answered "our own...I can't tell for sure...but the closest would be EG's 202..."

Any opinions?
post #818 of 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by julsq View Post

Hello
Interested about the AS Exclusive "Armfield". Saw various pictures from different angles, their shape (109 last) seems to me extraordinarily similar to EG's 202 last.
I went recently to GJ Cleverley and saw a very close sibling (including identical calligraphy inside the little leather window). When asking what last the shoe was made on, the salesman politely answered "our own...I can't tell for sure...but the closest would be EG's 202..."
Any opinions?

The AS 109 is a swing last and has a very nicely balanced toe shape. After comparing to EG 202, there are similarities here. The AS Armfield are very elegant and the construction, materials quality and finish are stunning. Well worth a closer look:

http://www.afinepairofshoes.co.uk/collections/featured-products/products/alfred-sargent-exclusive-armfield
post #819 of 1861
And how's the fit around the instep?
post #820 of 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by julsq View Post

And how's the fit around the instep?

The AS Armfield on the AS109 has a well supported instep and fitting is considered regular.
Edited by Afinepairofshoes - 9/10/12 at 5:56am
post #821 of 1861
Sorry, my English's a bit weak. What' "well supported"? Snug fit around the instep or rather generous?

Thanks
post #822 of 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by julsq View Post

Sorry, my English's a bit weak. What' "well supported"? Snug fit around the instep or rather generous?
Thanks

Not a problem, snug fit would describe the fit around the instep.
post #823 of 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

With almost all US to UK sizing queries, we usually suggest 1/2 size down from US to UK, so a 12D US will usually be a 11.5F UK. If you are on the cusp of a US C/D width then you can request in most AS lasts an E Fitting UK.
With country shoe/boot lasts like the AS 7WK we usually suggest 1 size down from a US to UK as this last was designed to take a thick country sock.
We have all the internal measurements of the AS lasts and will very happily give sizing advise if you send me your foot length and width measurements. We are committed to getting the right size for you first time!
Let me know if you have queries.

I am a US 10.5D and have gone with a UK 9.5 in just about everything. A UK9 in Lobb 8000/7000 as the one 9.5 I have needed a tongue pad.

I have the Moore in a UK 9.5F. Plenty of room. A 10 would be very loose. I went with a UK9.5E in the Miller boot special order. The length should be fine and I am trusting the slim width will be a good fit for what I will wear as a dress boot.
post #824 of 1861

Just wanted to bump this thread - got my pair of AS Moore today and snapped a photo when I tried them on (apologies for jeans). I should add that I'm really happy with the product and the service, as I had quite a few queries about sizing, which were answered promptly, politely and usefully. Would recommend A Fine Pair of Shoes to anyone.

 

post #825 of 1861
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills View Post

Just wanted to bump this thread - got my pair of AS Moore today and snapped a photo when I tried them on (apologies for jeans). I should add that I'm really happy with the product and the service, as I had quite a few queries about sizing, which were answered promptly, politely and usefully. Would recommend A Fine Pair of Shoes to anyone.


Really glad you like the AS Moore and our service!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread