or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread - Page 47

post #691 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

i dont know my feet measurements frown.gif
i can do it when i get home. what measurements do i give, heel to toe, and what else? across widest part of foot?

Perfect - best to place your feet on a piece of paper and place a mark straight down from your heel and again with your longest toe - same with the widest part of your foot. Measure between the two points for Length and Width. I will then compare these to our internal measurements we have and advise the best size for you.
post #692 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Got my order in. Everything is super nice! The loafers fit well and I am looking forward to them breaking in. Couldn't be happier. smile.gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

congrats on 10K posts btw!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

Perfect - best to place your feet on a piece of paper and place a mark straight down from your heel and again with your longest toe - same with the widest part of your foot. Measure between the two points for Length and Width. I will then compare these to our internal measurements we have and advise the best size for you.

cool, will do.

but i already ordered the shoes. smile.gif

they were in rouses shipment. your girl over there suggested the 10.5 via email. smile.gif
post #693 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
congrats on 10K posts btw!!
cool, will do.
but i already ordered the shoes. smile.gif
they were in rouses shipment.
your girl over there suggested the 10.5 via email. smile.gif

measurements are on the website. should be ok.
post #694 of 1760
I'll get your shoes in the mail ASAP Stitches. Just have to scuff them up a little first. wink.gif
post #695 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

measurements are on the website. should be ok.

im confident they will be fistbump.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

I'll get your shoes in the mail ASAP Stitches. Just have to scuff them up a little first. wink.gif

prepare to die.
post #696 of 1760
Got my shoes in two days.

My experience of the AS Exclusive 7WK last is to size down a FULL size for best fit.
post #697 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

Got my shoes in two days.
My experience of the AS Exclusive 7WK last is to size down a FULL size for best fit.

I.e. US9D = UK8?
post #698 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post

I.e. US9D = UK8?



Traditionally, a US 9D= UK 8.5E. (US "D" width is medium; in UK "E" is the designation for medium width)

In my experience, in the 7WK last, go for the UK 8E
post #699 of 1760

The AS Exclusive 7WK last is said to be FX fitting.  Is that about the US equivalent of an E width?

post #700 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

Traditionally, a US 9D= UK 8.5E. (US "D" width is medium; in UK "E" is the designation for medium width)
In my experience, in the 7WK last, go for the UK 8E

Got it, thanks! It was their advice to size down .5 from your usual (UK) size that I had doubts about. Fwiw, I'm a US9D, but take a UK8 (E or F, depending on the maker) most of the time. I've never had to size down to a 7.5 in anything, including Tricker's country lasts (UK8.5 for Stows on the 4497 and UK8 for Bourtons on the 4444).
post #701 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post

Got it, thanks! It was their advice to size down .5 from your usual (UK) size that I had doubts about. Fwiw, I'm a US9D, but take a UK8 (E or F, depending on the maker) most of the time. I've never had to size down to a 7.5 in anything, including Tricker's country lasts (UK8.5 for Stows on the 4497 and UK8 for Bourtons on the 4444).

im always a 12D in US sizes, and i have G&Gs in an 11 and carminas in an 11 as well.

but i have C&Js and zegnas that i needed in a 10.5. as well i just had to return a pair of sutors that were an 11 and were too big. so i wasnt surprised when they told me to go for a 10.5 in the coe.

ill find out soon. smile.gif
post #702 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

Perfect - best to place your feet on a piece of paper and place a mark straight down from your heel and again with your longest toe - same with the widest part of your foot. Measure between the two points for Length and Width. I will then compare these to our internal measurements we have and advise the best size for you.

ok, i measured my feet. i think i did it right. at the longest and widest part of each foot, i got:

R - 11 3/8 x 4.5 inches

L - 11.5 x 4 3/8 inches

i wonder if that means im really an 11.5 US technically, but ive never had an 11.5 US fit me afair confused.gif
post #703 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

im always a 12D in US sizes, and i have G&Gs in an 11 and carminas in an 11 as well.
but i have C&Js and zegnas that i needed in a 10.5. as well i just had to return a pair of sutors that were an 11 and were too big. so i wasnt surprised when they told me to go for a 10.5 in the coe.
ill find out soon. smile.gif

Interesting sizing stitch. I would say you are in the smaller size of 12. Whhhhatcha buyin'?
post #704 of 1760
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Interesting sizing stitch. I would say you are in the smaller size of 12. Whhhhatcha buyin'?

yeah, its a pain tho, cuz when buying online its hard to know what is gonna fit. i end up inevitably doing a lot of exchanging. frown.gif

i got the AS coe, its on the way. or it should be anyway. HEY ROUSE!! WHERE R MY SHOOOOS??!??!?!??!!?
post #705 of 1760
AFPOS should've sent you a Fed-Ex tracking number.

I'm on the East Coast and it took 2 days.

I have nothing but good things to say about AFPOS (Julian + Sarah). Swift communication and excellent customer service.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread