or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread - Page 46

post #676 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post

good man. it's much more difficult to get rid of a spot on calf leather than on suede. the shoe care thread is full of this sh.t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

+1000 on this.
How do you see people WASH calf skin shoes?
Steven at Leffot washed his Alden suede chukka under a sink without any ill effects. I did this too with my suede chukka.

Have seen people wash suede, which seems to work very well. Anyone have any tips on how to clean (old, quite stained) nubuck?
post #677 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

Have seen people wash suede, which seems to work very well. Anyone have any tips on how to clean (old, quite stained) nubuck?

I'd give them a good brushing and a shampoo.

You can also consider dying them darker if they don't come out looking evenly colored.
post #678 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

I'd give them a good brushing and a shampoo.
You can also consider dying them darker if they don't come out looking evenly colored.

Thank you. Just suede shampoo?
post #679 of 1659
Baby shampoo is what I use. PH balanced and available everywhere.
post #680 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdot View Post

Baby shampoo is what I use. PH balanced and available everywhere.

That sounds like an excellent idea. Good enough for a baby, should be good enough for some dead cow skin.

I use the Saphir suede/nubuck cleaner. Probably just some glorified and super expensive baby shampoo, but it makes me feel good pampering my suede shoes.
post #681 of 1659
This is my 2nd order from you all that will arrive the next day after shipping. Crazy fast. That's how you take care of customers. smile.gif
post #682 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

This is my 2nd order from you all that will arrive the next day after shipping. Crazy fast. That's how you take care of customers. smile.gif

+1, I have two pair waiting at home for me!!!
post #683 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

This is my 2nd order from you all that will arrive the next day after shipping. Crazy fast. That's how you take care of customers. smile.gif

bounce2.gif i expect you to ship my portion just as quick!
post #684 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

bounce2.gif i expect you to ship my portion just as quick!

Already told you that's not gonna happen. wink.gif
post #685 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post

Already told you that's not gonna happen. wink.gif

plain.gif

considering you are like 100 feet tall, i imagine your strides are like 50 miles each. you should be able to walk it over to me in no time at all.
post #686 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee_44106 View Post

I got the AE exclusive Coe too!!!!icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Lee, how did you size on the Coe and how's the fit on that last?
post #687 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post

Lee, how did you size on the Coe and how's the fit on that last?

im a US12 and they recommended i go with the 10.5. website says it runs a tad large/wide.
post #688 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by in stitches View Post

im a US12 and they recommended i go with the 10.5. website says it runs a tad large/wide.

Let me have your feet measurements and I can compare to the internal measurements we have - the 7WK last that the AS Coe and others are built around is a country last, originally designed as a field shoe/boot so allows a thick sock to be worn. So for example, in the 7WK I wear a UK 10, whereas normally I am a UK 10.5F.
post #689 of 1659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

Let me have your feet measurements and I can compare to the internal measurements we have - the 7WK last that the AS Coe and others are built around is a country last, originally designed as a field shoe/boot so allows a thick sock to be worn. So for example, in the 7WK I wear a UK 10, whereas normally I am a UK 10.5F.

i dont know my feet measurements frown.gif

i can do it when i get home. what measurements do i give, heel to toe, and what else? across widest part of foot?
post #690 of 1659
Got my order in. Everything is super nice! The loafers fit well and I am looking forward to them breaking in. Couldn't be happier. smile.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread