or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread - Page 24

post #346 of 1753
Just to let you know we have finished the SF25NOVAT & SF25 codes off the Clearance section of our site - sales have been very strong over the last 8 months of running the offer to SF members, and we would both like to thank all of you very much for your great custom & support.

Going forward, we have free international shipping on all orders over £300.

Kind regards

Julian & Sarah
post #347 of 1753

Hi,

 

I am impressed of what I see of the AS Exclusives on your site, and even more impressed with what I read here regarding youre customer service attitude and deliverance.

 

I like many of the shoes, but in particular the Charlton, Hunt, Hurst and Moore. But, since I never had the opportunity to see these shoes in the flesh, I am a bit unsecure with regards to the lasts. Not always easy to judge from pictures.

 

I see you stock some C&J's, hence I refer to those. I like, and have a good fit in, the 337 last. I really do not like their 348 last, which often look good to me on pictures, but too elongated, pointy and perhaps too fashion forward, on my foot.

 

I red somewhere earlier in the thread (yes, I admit I did not read all of it) that last 99 would probably be liked by someone in preference of the 337 last. What about the 109 last?

 

Looking forward to hear from you.


Edited by Swede66 - 3/13/12 at 11:49pm
post #348 of 1753
Quote
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

I see you stock some C&J's, hence I refer to those. I like, and have a good fit in, the 337 last. I really do not like their 448 last, which often look good to me on pictures, but too elongated, pointy and perhaps too fashion forward, on my foot.



 

Did you mean the 348 last? I know what you mean. I sometimes find that how the shoes look to us on our feet might be different to how others see them when we wear them.

post #349 of 1753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Hi,

I am impressed of what I see of the AS Exclusives on your site, and even more impressed with what I read here regarding youre customer service attitude and deliverance.

I like many of the shoes, but in particular the Charlton, Hunt, Hurst and Moore. But, since I never had the opportunity to see these shoes in the flesh, I am a bit unsecure with regards to the lasts. Not always easy to judge from pictures.

I see you stock some C&J's, hence I refer to those. I like, and have a good fit in, the 337 last. I really do not like their 448 last, which often look good to me on pictures, but too elongated, pointy and perhaps too fashion forward, on my foot.

I red somewhere earlier in the thread (yes, I admit I did not read all of it) that last 99 would probably be liked by someone in preference of the 337 last. What about the 109 last?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Having C&J shoes on the 337 & 348 lasts and AS shoes on the 99 and 109 lasts, I can say the 99 is closer to the 337 than the 348 when it comes to length; however, from my experience, the 'snugness' of the 99 is closer to the 348 (has a tighter fit all around my foot).

My experience of the AS 109 on the other hand is that it is closer in length to the C&J 348 (but of course the AS 109 has a rounder toe), but is not as 'snug' as the 348 and has a slightly more generous feel that I liken to my C&J 337.

To summarize:
AS 99: Length 337; 'Snugness' 348
AS 109: Length 348 (but AS 109 has a round toe so not too 'fashion forward'); 'Snugness' 337

Again this is just my experience and all feet are different. Hope it helps but definitely get Sarah and Julian's opinion since they probably have more experience with both brands. Good luck and you will be amazingly surprised with the excellence of AS!
post #350 of 1753
Code:

Thnx guys,

 

I most certainly ment last 348, sorry for sloppy writing

. Edited my previous post to avoid confusion.

DSMIVTR; what is your opinion on how the AS and the C&J's hand grade compare in terms of quality?
post #351 of 1753
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmivtr View Post

Having C&J shoes on the 337 & 348 lasts and AS shoes on the 99 and 109 lasts, I can say the 99 is closer to the 337 than the 348 when it comes to length; however, from my experience, the 'snugness' of the 99 is closer to the 348 (has a tighter fit all around my foot).
My experience of the AS 109 on the other hand is that it is closer in length to the C&J 348 (but of course the AS 109 has a rounder toe), but is not as 'snug' as the 348 and has a slightly more generous feel that I liken to my C&J 337.
To summarize:
AS 99: Length 337; 'Snugness' 348
AS 109: Length 348 (but AS 109 has a round toe so not too 'fashion forward'); 'Snugness' 337
Again this is just my experience and all feet are different. Hope it helps but definitely get Sarah and Julian's opinion since they probably have more experience with both brands. Good luck and you will be amazingly surprised with the excellence of AS!

Great comparison, and completely in line with our experience too. Quality of both are very high, and someone who handles shoes every day, it is a pleasure to do.

AS Exclusives are continuing to grow, and the quality is stunning at this level. Our stock lines are growing and we will soon see AS Ramsey in Black Calf and AS Hunt in both Black & Antique Mohogany.

Also AS Armfield is in stock and will soon be joined in Antique Mahogany.

dsmivtr - I think your "amazingly surprised with the excellence of AS!" is spot on.
post #352 of 1753

Any comments on last 724 (Moore)?

post #353 of 1753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Any comments on last 724 (Moore)?

AS Moore on AS724 very similar to AS99 last in length and fit, with a very subtle chiselled toe and is also coming in Black Calf soon.
post #354 of 1753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede66 View Post

Any comments on last 724 (Moore)?

Actually on the fence of purchasing either the Oxblood or Cherry... might be able to give personal experience soon biggrin.gif
post #355 of 1753

10lLv.jpg

 

Someone please tell me these work with grey or brown trousers and your standard dress shirt in a business casual environment so I can shut up and pull the trigger on them.

post #356 of 1753
If your casual environment is Pitti, sure.
post #357 of 1753
I am under the impression that there is a 10% discount code on regular priced shoes for SF members. IIRC, it was GQ10NOVAT or SF10NOVAT.

Is my understanding incorrect ?
post #358 of 1753
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post

I am under the impression that there is a 10% discount code on regular priced shoes for SF members. IIRC, it was GQ10NOVAT or SF10NOVAT.
Is my understanding incorrect ?

At the moment the offer is free international shipping on all orders over £300 (this can be worth upto £60 for large orders) and still the NOVAT code applies to non-EU customers to remove UK VAT of 20%.
post #359 of 1753
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post

At the moment the offer is free international shipping on all orders over £300 (this can be worth upto £60 for large orders) and still the NOVAT code applies to non-EU customers to remove UK VAT of 20%.

Just a little mention that our Spring Sale start today at midnight and runs until 1st April 2012 - some great discounts on lots of stock.
Edited by Afinepairofshoes - 3/21/12 at 4:23pm
post #360 of 1753
Really a fantastic shop, makes me proud to be British. Keep up the great work guys.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread