or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread - Page 12

post #166 of 1764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar1223 View Post

does anyone know the difference between the AS aldeburgh and snape? they are both stitched captoes on the same last.

The difference is the width AS Aldeburgh are EE (Slim to Medium) and AS Snape is G (Wide)
post #167 of 1764
Are sizes listed in US or UK sizing?
post #168 of 1764
How do Alfred Sargents typically fit? I recently ordered a UK 7.5 in the C&J Waltons whcih fits well length wise but is just a little tight width wise. How do the Alfred Sargent's compare fit wise?
post #169 of 1764
Anyone know how a 10E on the C&J 240 fits? If I'm 10.5 Barrie or an 11 in the RL Darlton, would that work? Also wondering about the AS 80 last sizing.

edit - measured my sole on the 11 darlton (US sizing?) and on some Aldens/AE's I have, all come out to ~11E on the 80 (32-33x11.5); is that right? seems to be almost like US size...
Edited by Alec_Jan - 8/18/11 at 3:43pm
post #170 of 1764
The AS Tavistock (6F) and C&J Islay (6E) I bought were UK sizing (I am a US 7D/E). Great people by the way.
post #171 of 1764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallcane View Post

How do Alfred Sargents typically fit? I recently ordered a UK 7.5 in the C&J Waltons whcih fits well length wise but is just a little tight width wise. How do the Alfred Sargent's compare fit wise?

AS do run slightly wider than C&J
post #172 of 1764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec_Jan View Post

Anyone know how a 10E on the C&J 240 fits? If I'm 10.5 Barrie or an 11 in the RL Darlton, would that work? Also wondering about the AS 80 last sizing.

edit - measured my sole on the 11 darlton (US sizing?) and on some Aldens/AE's I have, all come out to ~11E on the 80 (32-33x11.5); is that right? seems to be almost like US size...

Half a UK size down will usually be a good match for US sizing.
post #173 of 1764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinepairofshoes View Post


AS do run slightly wider than C&J

Agree with this totally, have 2 pair of AS's and they def are slightly wider than C&J.
post #174 of 1764
I'm kind of an 11C. What size should I be looking for?
post #175 of 1764
10.5E or 10E I would think.
post #176 of 1764
Since I have a narrower foot, I can get away with wearing 11D lace ups since you can tie them tighter. Does this work with monkstraps as well? I have a tough time with loafers.
post #177 of 1764
I've never had any problems dealing with AFPoS. Wonderful service and an interesting selection.
post #178 of 1764
Any chance the AS Pytchley in 7f would fit a US 8.5? I am a standard width. I am looking for a light colored derby and this might fit the bill.
post #179 of 1764
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallcane View Post

Any chance the AS Pytchley in 7f would fit a US 8.5? I am a standard width. I am looking for a light colored derby and this might fit the bill.

If you let me have your foot length measurement I will measure the 7F Pytchley internally for you to compare - I think a 1.5 size drop may be too far but more than happy to see for you.
post #180 of 1764

This site is amazing. I have not ordered anything yet, but I can already see myself going broke.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A Fine Pair Of Shoes: Official Affiliate thread