I had a final round interview with a company in the beginning of March and they said they would extend offers at the end of the month. I sent them thank you emails (got no responses, but I've only ever received two replies to thank you emails ever, one from a company that ultimately rejected me at the end) and have been sitting tight until now. Thing is, I asked one of my friends who also interviewed with me for the same firm if she heard back. She received an offer from a different company a while back and had to decide to sign on or not, so she contacted the company to see if they would give her a decision before the end of March. They said that they couldn't but that if she waited longer, there would be an opening (is that an implicit way of saying they would be offering her a position?). Now, I have no idea what this means and I didn't want to press her further on it and left it at that. She signed on for the company that gave her the offer a while back. She told me that when she talked to them (the company I'm waiting to hear back from), they now say they need time until April to make a decision.. So what the hell could be going on? Should I just continue sitting tight? Should I follow up with a new email? I've never heard of or seen a company take over a month to extend offers. And this is a particularly small firm. My friend told me that they are hiring four people.
post #1 of 12
3/27/11 at 9:38pm