or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How Do We Feel about Black Chinos?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How Do We Feel about Black Chinos? - Page 2

post #16 of 34
I have one pair of Black Chinos by PRL. I only wear Gray/Black with it. I've only wore it like 4-5 times and I've owned the pair for 2 and a half years now. Even with gray or black it still looks kind of ugly. I agree I tend to stay away from Black in Chino, but I'm quite fond of my PRL Linen/Silk Black Pants and Rugby RL Black Skinny Jeans.
post #17 of 34
I have a pair that I've worn maybe 3-4 times.
A) I've put them on prob 20 times and each time they touch a sweater or something and get fuzz on them. Off they come and into the hamper. Man does fuzz show up on smooth black cotton.
B) You will look like a busboy.
post #18 of 34
I have a pair of black chinos that actually used to be my favourite pair of casual trousers. Until a couple of years ago. Don't know what happened, but it rarely sees daylight nowadays.
post #19 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn View Post
... and by, apparently, pretty much everybody in Soho last weekend while I was staying at the Soho Grand. Good god - I was the only man wearing any color! Felt like a farmer.

How do you know they were chinos and not dark grey or black wool trousers?
post #20 of 34
black jeans are very popular in those hip environments
sometimes you get skinny/slim chinos that are a sort of jean/chino hybrid
casual fit black chinos though: I can't see any use for them
post #21 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
I've seen jet black jeans. They don't stay that way.
And the result can be wonderful.

I have never owned jet black jeans, but I imagine after two washes they would look pretty dang awesome. I am a big fan of charcoal, and love charcoal colored anything (maybe not shirts so much). Jet black though ... better reserved for tuxedos, although plenty here would probably go more for midnight blue.
post #22 of 34
slim black chinos are mad nice, a slim fit pair. make sure you wash them in that black detergent tho
post #23 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbromer View Post
Soho is about the last place I'd imagine people wearing black chinos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellahi22 View Post
How do you know they were chinos and not dark grey or black wool trousers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post
black jeans are very popular in those hip environments sometimes you get skinny/slim chinos that are a sort of jean/chino hybrid casual fit black chinos though: I can't see any use for them
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurrenlagaan View Post
slim black chinos are mad nice, a slim fit pair. make sure you wash them in that black detergent tho
At this particular restaurant, every single guy in the joint (20-and-30 somethings for the most part) was wearing black, and most had on black pants. I wasn't paying that much attention (I was with a date after all), but it really jumped out at me because I was the only guy wearing any color (blue & white gingham shirt, mid-grey wool slacks, steel blue silk jacket). Believe me, there weren't any wool trousers - this was a "street" sorta place. I'm going to guess they were primarily black jeans and black leather pants by their fit. But there are slim-fit chinos out there (RLBLs, for instance, makes 'em), that look pretty urban so I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were some in the joint. The night before we were at a nicer restaurant and it was the same thing, except maybe the black was a bit more upper-scale in cut and fabric - a little less street. But regardless, again, I was the only guy in any color at all. Here's one suggestion for wearing all-black in a sort of "non-street" manner. What do you guys think?
post #24 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Cogburn View Post
At this particular restaurant, every single guy in the joint (20-and-30 somethings for the most part) was wearing black, and most had on black pants. I wasn't paying that much attention (I was with a date after all), but it really jumped out at me because I was the only guy wearing any color (blue & white gingham shirt, mid-grey wool slacks, steel blue silk jacket). Believe me, there weren't any wool trousers - this was a "street" sorta place. I'm going to guess they were primarily black jeans and black leather pants by their fit. But some there are slim-fit chinos out there (RLBLs, for instance, makes 'em), that look pretty urban so I wouldn't be at all surprise if there were some in the joint. The night before we were at a nicer restaurant and it was the same thing, except maybe the black was a bit more upper-scale in cut and fabric - a little less street. But regardless, again, I was the only guy in any color at all. Here's one suggestion for wearing all-black in a sort of "non-street" manner. What do you guys think?
Well I live in soho and do not recall ever seeing black chinos on anyone. Grey wool trousers definitely, grey jeans and black jeans maybe, but black chinos are a pretty weird item. I also don't frequent the type of places where men wear black leather pants.
post #25 of 34
right pair of slim black chinos are killer. oops this is mc..[mindlessly] black??..bad, they are so bad.[/mindlessly]
post #26 of 34
I wear Chinos almost all the time. and I have exactly 1 pair of Black Chinos - which I wear next to never. I just don't find it work with anything I have. It is not formal enough for formal occasions and the color too formal for lazy around. In almost all circumstances if I want to wear the Black Chino I am better off wearing black jeans, navy chinos, or black dress pants.
post #27 of 34
post #28 of 34
black is the most popular color for clothes. i don't like black chinos. actually i don't like most chinos.
post #29 of 34
I rock most my chinos at khaki and grey, black's nice but it has it's place. Black linen pair would be fresh in the summer with some slip on loafers
post #30 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamina View Post
I rock most my chinos at khaki and grey, black's nice but it has it's place. Black linen pair would be fresh in the summer with some slip on loafers


With a pair of these
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How Do We Feel about Black Chinos?