or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Levis 514, raw
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Levis 514, raw - Page 10

post #136 of 381
The levistore online has a couple of pairs left at $21.98. 34x30 and 32x34. I grabbed the last size 36 and am looking forward to trying it out. This will be my first raw denim jean, why not try it at that price?
post #137 of 381
I'm confused about the 100% cotton version(s) versus the versions with 1% spandex. From all the posts here, it sounds like the Rigid Scraped are the only ones that are 100% cotton. However, the one pair of Slim Straight 514s that I own are 100% cotton and are definitely not Rigid Scraped. So what color/wash could mine be? I'm honestly not sure, and I'd like to get another pair from the Macy's web site but don't want to accidentally order the exact same color.
post #138 of 381
There are other pairs that are 100% cotton (they fit nice as well) but the only raw ones are the rigid scraped. They are actually levi's red slim straights, not technically 514's. Although all the measurements are the same.
post #139 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by csandbothe View Post
There are other pairs that are 100% cotton (they fit nice as well) but the only raw ones are the rigid scraped. They are actually levi's red slim straights, not technically 514's. Although all the measurements are the same.

There's also the Mervyn's 514 which is raw, 100% cotton, and non-distressed. Probably won't find them online but I see people wearing them a lot. Very dark.
post #140 of 381
I've been wearing mine for a few months now.

The stretching isn't that bad after a while, the thighs and waist let out a bit but nothing crazy.
I like the denim, mainly because of the cool blue-gray/green hue, but it's obviously not great quality stuff.
The Denim doesn't fade as easy as other raw denim or even non-raw levis), which is probably for the best because super contrasty fades and whiskers don't really go with the style of this jean.

Those damn raised pre-scrapes still drive me crazy, but if you iron them they'll stay down for a couple days.
post #141 of 381
I should mention, a friend got a pair of the 1% spandex 514s in just a normal dark-ish color a year ago, and they look amazing now, great fading and all that junk.
post #142 of 381
Bought a pair a few months ago and loved the fit. However when I washed them the other week I lost a great deal of the dark indigo, and as another poster noted, they appear rather "bright" now. So as a result I've taken them out of rotation. Pity Levis doesn't offer them in 30x34 otherwise I'd buy another pair.
post #143 of 381
I officially hate mine now. The color after washing is just yucky- too greenish, too bright w/o any good fading. They look cheap now, I suggest dry cleaning them.
post #144 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by ts4them View Post
I officially hate mine now. The color after washing is just yucky- too greenish, too bright w/o any good fading. They look cheap now, I suggest dry cleaning them.

So does levis, they strongly recomend dry cleaning.

sorry your look so bad now, hope you can grab another pair on the cheap.
post #145 of 381
My pic wearing the jeans, sz. 30. Not the best fit- too small at the waist (smaller than my Earnest Sewn Fulton sz. 30) but too billowy around the thighs. The bulge you see on my left thigh is definitely not my thigh muscle

post #146 of 381
I think the fit looks good on you and I'm not just saying that because of the bulge on your left thigh
post #147 of 381
That's interesting. I was told dry cleaning destroys natural fibers, especially cotton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruben View Post
So does levis, they strongly recomend dry cleaning.

sorry your look so bad now, hope you can grab another pair on the cheap.
post #148 of 381
I believe dry cleaning is recommended for all dry jeans.
post #149 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by theshonen8899 View Post
I believe dry cleaning is recommended for all dry jeans.

and stevie wonder believes that when he falls in love with you it will be forever.
but he's wrong.
post #150 of 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
and stevie wonder believes that when he falls in love with you it will be forever.
but he's wrong.

It's just what I hear...I'm not a denim god or anything.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Levis 514, raw