or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Need a good sneaker to travel with (only one I'm taking)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need a good sneaker to travel with (only one I'm taking) - Page 4

post #46 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmash1080 View Post
I wore black leather low top chucks for almost my entire Europe trip. Didn't have a problem.

Why does everybody (Americans) think that you need fucking New Balance or Asics if they're going to be walking everyday?

because chucks are really uncomortable, unless your feet are flat as a board i guess
post #47 of 60
I used to same the same ish as you guys until I went to ny in 07 and me and my girl walked about 10 miles a day. NBs def needed.

Wore out the crepe on my apc boots just that weekend alone.
post #48 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
I used to same the same ish as you guys until I went to ny in 07 and me and my girl walked about 10 miles a day. NBs def needed.

Wore out the crepe on my apc boots just that weekend alone.

People from Orange County don't realize that in most cities, people walk everywhere. 10 miles a day is pretty typical if you are doing tourist stuff, maybe 5-6 if you are a local on a shopping spree, and maybe 3 or 4 if you are plain commuting. Unless you have special, soft feet, you can do it all in regular shoes. Chucks are sort of extreme (no padding whatsoever), and I used to do this when I was younger. At 36, though, I can go for entire weeks in sneakers with just a bit more support, as in, any designer sneaker out there, pretty much.
post #49 of 60
wear two pairs of socks if you find your feet hurting.
post #50 of 60
You can never go wrong with Clark's Wallabees.
post #51 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy View Post
People from Orange County don't realize that in most cities, people walk everywhere. 10 miles a day is pretty typical if you are doing tourist stuff, maybe 5-6 if you are a local on a shopping spree, and maybe 3 or 4 if you are plain commuting. Unless you have special, soft feet, you can do it all in regular shoes. Chucks are sort of extreme (no padding whatsoever), and I used to do this when I was younger. At 36, though, I can go for entire weeks in sneakers with just a bit more support, as in, any designer sneaker out there, pretty much.
THIS. Even though chucks don't bother me whatsoever. Guess my feet are stronger than most
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billster View Post
because chucks are really uncomortable, unless your feet are flat as a board i guess
No I actually have a pretty large arch due and used to be a sprinter. I just don't like looking like a tool wearing jeans and New Balance when I'm traveling.
post #52 of 60
Thread Starter 
I think I'm going to go with Converse, since these are actually pretty comfortable on my foot for longer walks. I've only had the regular canvas lace-ups, but am thinking about getting one of the following:

Slim sole leather
Slim sole canvas slip-on (nice when going through airports)

Any appreciable difference in comfort between these and the classics?
post #53 of 60
By slim sole, you mean something like these, right? You might want to add an insole or consider something with a slightly thicker sole if you're walking miles a day on pavement just for shock absorption and cushioning. Also, the contrasting cap toe maybe isn't so great.

I also find chucks borderline-unwearable without an insole, since I have really high arches, but I can walk all day in them with an insole. Then again, I also wore cowboy boots that were maybe 1/2 size too tight for the vast majority of a two-week vacation, and it didn't bother me.
post #54 of 60
I'm thinking these would be good for use with Chucks - has anyone tried them, and if so, what do you think of them?

http://www.superfeet.com/
post #55 of 60
don't wear 400$ shoes if you're gonna wear em 15 hours per day during 2-3 weeks... You'e gonna destroy them. Buy some cheap vans era or shoes that can take a beating and still look decent like boat shoes. You might end up going to some places you had not planified (like i did in my 4 weeks in France) and you'll be happy to have cheap shoes lol.

I usually bring one clean pair for going out at night and one pair to walk around during the day. Best bet!

Nothing's more ugly than 300-400$ shoes that are dirty, creased or the sole has a banana shape. imho.
post #56 of 60
Some cheap canvas slip ons like dunlop volleys are your best bet. You will trash your shoes and your feet. There is nothing more painful than walking for hours on concrete in heavy boots.
post #57 of 60
Perhaps some JP Racearounds - I've found them to be tremendously comfortable, nice and light, and easy to pack. Navy canvas meets your dark-color criteria (Converse did something odd with the leather version... and white or gray canvas is going to be more than a little filthy traipsing around Europe)
post #58 of 60
new balance
post #59 of 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
new balance
Ugh Jet is your NB love just some big joke that you'll eventually bust on people? I hope so
post #60 of 60
+1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post
Common Projects Achilles Low - white, my man.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Need a good sneaker to travel with (only one I'm taking)