or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Eric Ripert's Louis Vuitton Knife Case (56k warning)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Eric Ripert's Louis Vuitton Knife Case (56k warning) - Page 2

post #16 of 61
FWIW, I think it would be a tacky briefcase as well.
post #17 of 61
I see him more of a hermes man
post #18 of 61
Anyone able to identify the makers of his knives?
post #19 of 61
Thread Starter 
According to the article posted earlier, its MAC and Wusthof.
post #20 of 61
MAC makes his knives or his make-up?
post #21 of 61
I hate it.
post #22 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
MAC makes his knives or his make-up?

His iPad.




Posted from my iPad.
post #23 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJT View Post
Anyone able to identify the makers of his knives?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
According to the article posted earlier, its MAC and Wusthof.

Yes that's what it says...Ripert has had a long relationship with MAc and often recmmends Wusthof for recreational cooks...but the case contains a bit more than that: for instance, the third knife from the left (following two MAC knives) is a Masanobu...and the boning knife certainly apprears to be a Henckel.
post #24 of 61
i wouldn't be at all surprised to know that ripert has a "relationship" with lvmh as well.
post #25 of 61
I have a goyard case with a magnifying mirror on the inside of the top shell, an EVA foam custom molded to fit a vaseline jar, a LAcie USB drive loaded with the best of the best, and then a secret compartment underneath with room for 5 standard sized print magazines. Never leave home without it.
post #26 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
I have a goyard case with a magnifying mirror on the inside of the top shell, an EVA foam custom molded to fit a vaseline jar, a LAcie USB drive loaded with the best of the best, and then a secret compartment underneath with room for 5 standard sized print magazines. Never leave home without it.

you should have popped the extra $5k for the fleshlight holder. cheapskate.
post #27 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodguy View Post
you should have popped the extra $5k for the fleshlight holder. cheapskate.

Just put in an order for a set of custom Horween shell cordovan cases to hold my special hexagonal-handle Onani-chama set made by a certain Mr. Takamura. They take a bit more discipline and care, not to mention skill, over your garden variety Fleshlight.
post #28 of 61
I would use a Zero-Halliburton case. But that's just me. Still, cool post.
post #29 of 61
I don't really understand why you need something like that. Does he go to people's houses and cook? Does he not trust his employees to leave them at the restaurant?
post #30 of 61
Ripert cooks in a lot of places. Heck, I bring knives when I go cook at another's house (and sometimes I just have one with me if a guest on Thanksgiving, too) -- and I'm no Ripert. ~ H
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Eric Ripert's Louis Vuitton Knife Case (56k warning)