• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me stock my new bar

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Alright, I know this has been done before, but its been a while and I thought we could use an update. I need your recommendations on all spirits and mixers that I'm missing or you think I should have. Also, I could use some good ideas on where to get cheap glasses (martini, highball, etc.) to make drinks in and any good online sources for barware. Lastly, a good book or two with recipes and drink making instructions. Here's what I've got so far:
A5fwgl.jpg
GcX52l.jpg
aTbwKl.jpg
The Kirkland stuff will be saved for the visiting pesantry.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not a fan of Tanqueray?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a very personalized collection. I'm guessing that you drink most liquor straight rather than in cocktails. Are you looking for additions that will appeal to you or to guests? If it's the latter, I recommend the following:

Sweet and dry vermouth (for martinis and manhattans)
Cointreau/Combier (pretty much a staple in most sours)
Silver rum (for dacquiris)
Silver tequila (for margaritas)
Maraschino liqueur (the creme de violette is looking lonely)
A nice blended scotch (for lesser friends)
Brandy/cognac (can't live w/o sidecars)
Campari (acquired taste that I love)
Regan's orange bitters (adds a nice punch to martinis)

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
This is a very personalized collection. I'm guessing that you drink most liquor straight rather than in cocktails. Are you looking for additions that will appeal to you or to guests? If it's the latter, I recommend the following: Sweet and dry vermouth (for martinis and manhattans) Cointreau/Combier (pretty much a staple in most sours) Silver rum (for dacquiris) Silver tequila (for margaritas) Maraschino liqueur (the creme de violette is looking lonely) A nice blended scotch (for lesser friends) Brandy/cognac (can't live w/o sidecars) Campari (acquired taste that I love) Regan's orange bitters (adds a nice punch to martinis)
I'm actually hoping to be doing quite a number of cocktails. Note the Creme de Violette (Hi Huntsman!) so I can make Avations. I've also got to get Chartreuse and Maraschino Liquor so I can make a The Last Word. I was already planning on the Cointreau, JW Black, and Campari. Could definitely use recommendations on the rest of your list. I also need a few good tequilas (blanco, reposado, and anjejo) and any other things you (or anyone else) thinks I might have missed.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What no blanca tequilia? Don Julio on sale is the most amazing value IMO.

I like your choice of Plymouth gin. Maybe the best tasting and best value out there.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about a white rum for Mojito's? Summer is right around the corner....

I think any white rum will be fine for that.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
every bar needs jack daniels.
wink.gif

GREAT choice on the hendricks. My favorite gin.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Broken record here, but you might want to try a bottle of Gran Centenario. They dropped the price considerably. At $25 I can't think of a better bottle of tequila for the dollar (hopefully someone will stop by and correct me- needing some variation here).

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Broken record here, but you might want to try a bottle of Gran Centenario. They dropped the price considerably. At $25 I can't think of a better bottle of tequila for the dollar (hopefully someone will stop by and correct me- needing some variation here).

+1, You are right. Excellent suggestion for a blanca or reposado.

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You need an unpeated scotch.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
How about a white rum for Mojito's? Summer is right around the corner.... I think any white rum will be fine for that.
I was hoping for some recommendations. 10 Cane isn't bad but there has to be something better out there.
Originally Posted by DerekS
every bar needs jack daniels.
wink.gif
GREAT choice on the hendricks. My favorite gin.

I was thinking about some Jack but then I'd never drink it and it would only be around for girls who like Jack and Coke's.
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Blanco, Reposado, or Anjejo? I assume Blanco given the price, but I want to make sure.
Originally Posted by OakCreekHitter
Chivas!
Oh hell no!
Originally Posted by ama
You need an unpeated scotch.
Recommendation?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Just stopped by the liquor store and bought Maraschino liquor and Chartreuse. **** that Chartreuse is expensive. Huntsman that Last Word better be a kick ass drink!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads