or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Help me stock my new bar
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Help me stock my new bar - Page 7

post #91 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
Whats wrong with your hands to squeeze citrus?

Inefficient--- usually doesn't get the most juice out. Not very elegant if you're making drinks for guests, and you don't want to get the juice on your hands.

I juice citrus with my hands all the time, but I can see why you wouldn't want to HAVE to do it.
post #92 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Inefficient--- usually doesn't get the most juice out. Not very elegant if you're making drinks for guests, and you don't want to get the juice on your hands.

I juice citrus with my hands all the time, but I can see why you wouldn't want to HAVE to do it.

I see your point, but for a home bar setup I personally have a hard time getting hung up on a juicer.
post #93 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
party at rambo's house
All my SF bud's are welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
BYOB. Bring Your Own Bitches. Cause Rambo sure as hell ain't supplying!
Thanks for the vote of confidence Flava Flav!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren G. View Post
yeah no kidding. Rambo, I use this as my squeezer : http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips.../dp/B0002BFZ16 You have jiggers or any type of measurement cups right?
I saw that at Bed Bath. Does it work well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
Whats wrong with your hands to squeeze citrus?
Nothing in particular. Use of a fork does wonders as well. I just thought that if I had to squeeze large amounts for drinks it would be more efficient to use a device.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post
Inefficient--- usually doesn't get the most juice out. Not very elegant if you're making drinks for guests, and you don't want to get the juice on your hands. I juice citrus with my hands all the time, but I can see why you wouldn't want to HAVE to do it.
This
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
I see your point, but for a home bar setup I personally have a hard time getting hung up on a juicer.
Its not exactly like I'm loosing any sleep over this. Anybody have Bar Cart suggestions?
post #94 of 162
Thread Starter 
Went hunting around for a bar cart but couldn't come up with anything decent at a reasonable price. :sad:
post #95 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
I saw that at Bed Bath. Does it work well?
Yup, I really love it so far. Also really useful in the kitchen as well.
post #96 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren G. View Post
Yup, I really love it so far. Also really useful in the kitchen as well.
Tried out the one from Target yesterday. Will be returning that for the garlic press model ASAP.
post #97 of 162
^ Oh, yeah, I use that Oxo citrus squeezer, too. It's great, and I've already broken one, but after it squeezed the lifejuice out of many, many, many pieces of citrus -- I think it was environmental stress corrosion cracking exacerbated by fatigue. I wonder, even, if it extracts better flavor because some oil gets expressed from the skin as well. ~ H
post #98 of 162
This thread is absolutely fantastic and, unlike 90% of other threads in this forum, actually full of quality information.

I'm not moving as fast as Rambo but I will be following his path.
post #99 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post
Anybody have Bar Cart suggestions?
I use the clear c table from CB2. It goes quite nicely with the clear console. On the top shelf, it holds two cocktail books: The Art of the Bar and The Craft of the Cocktail. On the bottom shelf, it holds sixteen bottles of liquor:

Brown spirits:
1. Cognac
2. Scotch
3. Bourbon
4. Rye whiskey

Clear spirits:
5. Silver tequila
6. Silver rum
7. Vodka
8. Gin

Fruit liqueurs:
9. Combier
10. Maraschino
11. Cherry Heering
12. Campari

Other liqueurs:
13. Creme de violette
14. Green chartreuse
15. Benedictine
16. St. Germain
post #100 of 162
Rambo, you might want to look at getting just a small bookcase,it is what I did. Two shelves, hold all my booze except for a couple bottles. Could fit more on it but I like the top shelf to be less cluttered.
post #101 of 162
Also, Crate and Barrel had something similar to this that wasn't just a wine bar.

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/furnit...ne-bar/s220844

Or this http://www.crateandbarrel.com/Popup/...=687891&mode=q
post #102 of 162
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post
Rambo, you might want to look at getting just a small bookcase,it is what I did. Two shelves, hold all my booze except for a couple bottles. Could fit more on it but I like the top shelf to be less cluttered.
I think I'm going to hack some Ikea shit to get the job done. Still thinking of ideas
Quote:
Originally Posted by edinatlanta View Post
Also, Crate and Barrel had something similar to this that wasn't just a wine bar. http://www.crateandbarrel.com/furnit...ne-bar/s220844
This is very nice but more than I want to spend by far.
post #103 of 162
how does one store lillet blanc?
post #104 of 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canvas08 View Post
how does one store lillet blanc?
Refrigerator, just like vermouth.
post #105 of 162
Build a bar cart. Home depot can cut the would to the lengths you need.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Help me stock my new bar