or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Delicious Wines
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Delicious Wines - Page 15

post #211 of 246
526
post #212 of 246
$40 wine from Lebanon-wut?
post #213 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post

$40 wine from Lebanon-wut?

And a delicious one at that.
post #214 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

And a delicious one at that.

Crazers. Did you see my post about when I went to Galil Mountain Winery? You can see Hezbollah towers from the parking lot.

israel_border.jpg

Didn't know the Lebanese took advantage of the wine region. Thought they only shelled it.
post #215 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post

$40 wine from Lebanon-wut?

does it pair well with palestinian chicken?
post #216 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

Haven't personally tasted the 02 vintage, but have heard good things from a few people I trust. Although, no offense to Big Government intended, the simple fact that it's available at a Philly wine store makes me think it must not be that great redface.gif

Philly is a controlled state right? What a shit show.
post #217 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post

Crazers. Did you see my post about when I went to Galil Mountain Winery? You can see Hezbollah towers from the parking lot.
israel_border.jpg
Didn't know the Lebanese took advantage of the wine region. Thought they only shelled it.


I did see that. Most (all?) Lebanese wines are made in the Bekaa Valley, and the main town in the region is Zahle. I'd imagine it's far enough north to be relatively safe, but I have no idea if that's true.
post #218 of 246
interesting - I have lebanese wine a couple of times a year, at lebanese resteraunts. I need to look out for that brand/vintage. the ones I have are nice, but we order just to flatter the lebanese distributors.


btw, Kwilk, what do you know about greek variatals? I tried a couple recently, and it seems that there are at least 6 grape variatals in Greece that pretty much aren't found anyplace else. I only really liked one (can't remember which, and I'm not home now) but do you have any light to shed on the subject?
post #219 of 246
2007 Pingus. Very tasty.

EDIT= I mean the Ribera... not THE Pingus at $500 a pop.
post #220 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordecai View Post

Matt speaks sommeliese. He was our ambassador.

No homo, but I love Matt's appreciation for wine, which is pretty unique (especially on the internet) and interesting. It is truly all about appreciation and is based in the rituals of the table. It's not about knowing what the aspect of La Tache is and it isn't about why the diurnal shift of a region has an impact on the wine. It is just about drinking it for what it is and loving it for that, and while not "making it simple" it is about demystifying it.

/Matt LoveFest

While you are a true knob-gobbler here Matt is indeed a special flower.
post #221 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cary Grant View Post

2007 Pingus. Very tasty.
EDIT= I mean the Ribera... not THE Pingus at $500 a pop.

At first I was eek.gif , and then I was satisfied.gif .
post #222 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotter View Post

btw, Kwilk, what do you know about greek variatals? I tried a couple recently, and it seems that there are at least 6 grape variatals in Greece that pretty much aren't found anyplace else. I only really liked one (can't remember which, and I'm not home now) but do you have any light to shed on the subject?
I have some academic knowledge about them, but no experience drinking them. Well I've had Domaine Skouras which was 100% Aghiorghitiko. I know a lot of people like Assytriko and Moscofilero for white and Xinomavro, Aghiorghitiko, and Mavrodaphne.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piobaire View Post

While you are a true knob-gobbler here Matt is indeed a special flower.

To be fair I gobble your knob.
post #223 of 246
your google skills are pretty good
post #224 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomestar View Post

your google skills are pretty good

laugh.gif Not Google.
post #225 of 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post


To be fair I gobble your knob.

And you know I love it.

Have had Assytriko. The place I took my somm class at actually pours it BTG. It's not memorable.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Delicious Wines