or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Everyday Carry (Picture Edition)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Everyday Carry (Picture Edition) - Page 9

post #121 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
what forums do you see my argue on? SA? I haven't posted on SA in like a year.

and because uncontrol is right, crane is living out some awful murder fantasy and its gross.

Yeah I was reading some old posts on SA and you just seemed real mad.

I'm not really even talking about this thread, i just mean in general.
post #122 of 485
i am less mad than i appear/you think!
post #123 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
and because uncontrol is right, crane is living out some awful murder fantasy and its gross.
Uncontrol has no clue about what he's spewing and apparently you don't either Teger. As far as I'm concerned both of you are twisting what was said to justify your personal stance on firearms. What do either of you know about CQB and no, Warcraft does not count as experience. Do you know what a mouse gun is and it's practical use as a self defense tool? If you knew anything about internal, external and more importantly terminal ballistics you might understand the part of about the ocular cranial cavity. Tie all of this together and you might get it instead of trying to pin me as someone who has weird murder fantasies. By the way Teger do you know about something called persona projection? IMO if anyone has the bizarre fantasies it would be you and Uncontrol. Yeah and the person who pointed out that all you do is argue with people is correct.
post #124 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
you are confusing "right" with "duty"
Wrong again maestro. It's a combination of rights, duty and privilege.
post #125 of 485
This thread is sorely lacking in pictures.

post #126 of 485
Alright lets get this back on track with my exciting EDC.

This is all I carry besides keys, those were in the car.

Crappy LG phone, but it's slim and it fits in my front pocket.
Parker Pen, I only wear this with jeans, so about 75% of the time.
Money, two cards and my ID.

[IMG][/IMG]
post #127 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post
Uncontrol has no clue about what he's spewing and apparently you don't either Teger. As far as I'm concerned both of you are twisting what was said to justify your personal stance on firearms. What do either of you know about CQB and no, Warcraft does not count as experience. Do you know what a mouse gun is and it's practical use as a self defense tool? If you knew anything about internal, external and more importantly terminal ballistics you might understand the part of about the ocular cranial cavity. Tie all of this together and you might get it instead of trying to pin me as someone who has weird murder fantasies. By the way Teger do you know about something called persona projection? IMO if anyone has the bizarre fantasies it would be you and Uncontrol.

Yeah and the person who pointed out that all you do is argue with people is correct.

I don't know if you're actually reading my posts, but I will be very clear: I don't care how qualified you are. I don't care how many firearm classes you taught. I think it's irrelevant. The only people in our society that have an explicit duty to carry guns are those we grant that privilege - police officers and soldiers. You have lots of "rights", but as a citizen you have almost no "duties" - a duty implies there's consequences for not performing that right. To imply otherwise is distorting the truth.
post #128 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
I don't know if you're actually reading my posts, but I will be very clear: I don't care how qualified you are. I don't care how many firearm classes you taught. I think it's irrelevant. The only people in our society that have an explicit duty to carry guns are those we grant that privilege - police officers and soldiers. You have lots of "rights", but as a citizen you have almost no "duties" - a duty implies there's consequences for not performing that right. To imply otherwise is distorting the truth.

One doesn't have a duty for self-preservation, or are we merely unworthy peasants?

Your argument is invalid. You do realize that the "shall-issue" laws in most states grants the privilege of carry to common citizens right?
post #129 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
One doesn't have a duty for self-preservation, or are we merely unworthy peasants?

Your argument is invalid. You do realize that the "shall-issue" laws in most states grants the privilege of carry to common citizens right?

dude, your entire argument is that just because someone can carry a weapon they should. and im saying that there needs to be an additional justification.
post #130 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
dude, your entire argument is that just because someone can carry a weapon they should. and im saying that there needs to be an additional justification.

My argument is that no man needs to justify his right to protection to anyone. It's all about self-reliance.


post #131 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
My argument is that no man needs to justify his right to protection to anyone. It's all about self-reliance.



and my reply is that years and years of gun related deaths show that maybe everyone having guns 'just because' isn't really working out.
post #132 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
and my reply is that years and years of gun related deaths show that maybe everyone having guns 'just because' isn't really working out.

How many of those gun deaths are caused by law-abiding citizens with concealed carry permits? You're following the common fallacy that lumps all gun owners into one ugly herd.

You going to post pics or what?
post #133 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
How many of those gun deaths are caused by law-abiding citizens with concealed carry permits? You're following the common fallacy that lumps all gun owners into one ugly herd.

You going to post pics or what?

i have a feeling that most criminals who have guns aren't smithing their own weapons.
post #134 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
I don't know if you're actually reading my posts, but I will be very clear: I don't care how qualified you are. I don't care how many firearm classes you taught. I think it's irrelevant. The only people in our society that have an explicit duty to carry guns are those we grant that privilege - police officers and soldiers. You have lots of "rights", but as a citizen you have almost no "duties" - a duty implies there's consequences for not performing that right. To imply otherwise is distorting the truth.
Sorry but LE, the military and certain citizens are given the privilege of carrying a weapon and for using said firearm in a clearly defined set of circumstances. It is the duty of this privileged class to understand the circumstances of use, show proficiency and to follow the set rules of engagement. As far as relevancy is concerned once again you show a lack of insightful thinking. Each class I'm involved with basically reinforces what the duties of a CCW holder are and continuously hones my skill sets at the same time. In essence I'm being taught as well as the students. For what it's worth Teger you actually have very few rights and a whole bunch of privileges. To keep your privileges requires that you live up to the requirements (duty) to keep them.
post #135 of 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teger View Post
i have a feeling that most criminals who have guns aren't smithing their own weapons.

You've lost me. Are you talking about gunsmithing?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Everyday Carry (Picture Edition)