or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are you drinking right now? - Page 654

post #9796 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

You mean the dry brine chicken?

No newb, I don't.
post #9797 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

WTF? Is a Rome with a View the "What are you drinking right now" equivalent of the KelleRoast Chicken?

Settle down Francis. It's a rellatively new drink and it's quite tasty. Perfect for this SoCal heat wave. You should try one or 5, might unbunch your panties.
post #9798 of 14621

I made a sour with Gin, Maraschino, green Chartreuse, lemon and lime juice and egg white last night. It was freaking incredible. Will post ratios after I do it again.

 

~ H 

post #9799 of 14621
Balvenie Doublewood. In the past month, I've had exactly one shot of bourbon (GTS) to about a dozen glasses of Scotch. Think I got bourboned out over the summer..
post #9800 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocostella View Post

Settle down Francis. It's a rellatively new drink and it's quite tasty. Perfect for this SoCal heat wave. You should try one or 5, might unbunch your panties.

rolleyes.gif

Rome with a view is basically a Campari Americano. It isn't new. I like b10s I was giving him a bit of a hard time. There was a phase when people were following Keller's "recipe" for roasting a chicken. It isn't really a recipe.

Any other new and exciting drinks you want to grace us with? Perhaps you can tell us what to do with gin, Cointreau, Lillet Blanc, and absinthe.
post #9801 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

There was a phase when people were following Keller's "recipe" for roasting a chicken. It isn't really a recipe.
You don't say? wink.gif
post #9802 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

rolleyes.gif
Rome with a view is basically a Campari Americano. It isn't new. I like b10s I was giving him a bit of a hard time. There was a phase when people were following Keller's "recipe" for roasting a chicken. It isn't really a recipe.
Any other new and exciting drinks you want to grace us with? Perhaps you can tell us what to do with gin, Cointreau, Lillet Blanc, and absinthe.

Right. Except for the DRY vermouth, vodka and simple syrup part. Try not to come in swinging your e-peen so hard. Nobody's "telling you what to do." There are only so many chords on the guitar... doesn't mean a newish wrinkle isn't welcomed.
Edited by cocostella - 3/5/12 at 7:00am
post #9803 of 14621
Only on styleforum could some idiots get catty toward each other over cocktails.
post #9804 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post


:rolleyes:
Rome with a view is basically a Campari Americano. It isn't new. I like b10s I was giving him a bit of a hard time. There was a phase when people were following Keller's "recipe" for roasting a chicken. It isn't really a recipe.
Any other new and exciting drinks you want to grace us with? Perhaps you can tell us what to do with gin, Cointreau, Lillet Blanc, and absinthe.


you can add lemon juice and make a corpse reviver number 2.

 

 

post #9805 of 14621
Well, cocktails themselves are worth getting catty over. Getting catty about internet discourse about cocktails, on the other hand....
post #9806 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

Only on styleforum could some idiots get catty toward each other over cocktails.

Step up, boy. (Racism implied)
post #9807 of 14621
... calmer than you are.

It's all good. No interest in ruffling feathers. Back to my Sprezz drink.
post #9808 of 14621
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictheobscure View Post

Well, cocktails themselves are worth getting catty over. Getting catty about internet discourse about cocktails, on the other hand....
No. Cocktails are worth getting drunk with. Wine is noble and is worth getting in fights over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

Step up, boy. (Racism implied)

bounce2.gif
post #9809 of 14621
Right now? Drinking a Chianti Classico with dinner. Cost me just over 10 euros for the bottle. It's good to live in Tuscany biggrin.gif
post #9810 of 14621
467
I like my pastis a lot better.

Then Pina Colada with pineapple juice (freshly juiced with my "Champion Juicer" (235$ in the US.. that's utterly cheap, we paid like 300€ 10 years ago)). Like 18cl pineapple juice, 7cl white rum, 6cl cream of coconut. After I was halfway through the first one I added some Blue Curaçao ("Swimmingpool" by Charles Schumann-Style). Second one I added triple sec because I don't think it needs to actually look like a swimming pool, however the orange notes are a great addition. Now my tongue fucking burns because the pineapple wasn't completely ripe. Anyway, I do lean towards getting a burning tongue when eating pineapple in general.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?