or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are you drinking right now? - Page 648

post #9706 of 14225
2001 Malvirà Langhe
post #9707 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post

Made one last night. Absolutely delicous. Although, maybe more of a spring/summer drink. It is still going on my go-to drinks list.

Agreed... but, I live in SoCal. Sometimes I don't want beer. I require a flavorful cocktail that's not so laden w/ booze that I can't drink 'em like beer!
post #9708 of 14225
My Dad used to have his Gin & Tonic with dash of bitters. Has anyone tried this?
post #9709 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordwinder View Post

My Dad used to have his Gin & Tonic with dash of bitters. Has anyone tried this?

No, but I will, sounds great.
post #9710 of 14225
How much are you all spending for spirits? I'm of the mindset that with minor exceptions, you should be able to get a good bottle for mixing for under $30. (I recently replenished my rye and bourbon stock with Rittenhouse and Buffalo Trace, respectively.) I'm wondering if bumping up the budget to $40/bottle for a "premium" brand is worth it. Thoughts?
post #9711 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordwinder View Post

My Dad used to have his Gin & Tonic with dash of bitters. Has anyone tried this?

Every time I make one I add a dash or two. I felt a little sheepish when the Fee Bros. rhubarb bitters were being made fun of on the last page, and I was thinking, "they're a great addition to my G&Ts".

I have and regularly use the following as additions to my G&Ts:
Fee Bros. peach, west indian orange, cherry, grapefruit, rhubarb, old fashioned, whiskey barrel aged, and Bitter End thai.
post #9712 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post

Every time I make one I add a dash or two. I felt a little sheepish when the Fee Bros. rhubarb bitters were being made fun of on the last page, and I was thinking, "they're a great addition to my G&Ts".
I have and regularly use the following as additions to my G&Ts:
Fee Bros. peach, west indian orange, cherry, grapefruit, rhubarb, old fashioned, whiskey barrel aged, and Bitter End thai.

Huh. Never would have thought bitters in a G&T.
post #9713 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post

Every time I make one I add a dash or two. I felt a little sheepish when the Fee Bros. rhubarb bitters were being made fun of on the last page, and I was thinking, "they're a great addition to my G&Ts".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo View Post

Huh. Never would have thought bitters in a G&T.

uh oh.. here we go! good thing it's Friday because we've got more G&T research to do. I'm looking to grab a bottle of green chartreuse today or tomorrow so I can try some of my own Last Words. See how it goes.
post #9714 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

uh oh.. here we go! good thing it's Friday because we've got more G&T research to do. I'm looking to grab a bottle of green chartreuse today or tomorrow so I can try some of my own Last Words. See how it goes.
I might participate. With normal Angostura and Angostura orange.
post #9715 of 14225
So.. tried it out with Angostura Orange... have to say I'm not too excited about it. I should have just added one drop. But really, I don't think the herbal bitterness improves the G&T. It's already bitter and herbal.
post #9716 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser View Post

How much are you all spending for spirits? I'm of the mindset that with minor exceptions, you should be able to get a good bottle for mixing for under $30. (I recently replenished my rye and bourbon stock with Rittenhouse and Buffalo Trace, respectively.) I'm wondering if bumping up the budget to $40/bottle for a "premium" brand is worth it. Thoughts?

Glad I lives in Japan. Yesterday was my friends birthday, I bought him a bottle of 18 year old Speyside single malt for 3500 yen. 10 and 12 year old Islay and Speysides were around 1500 to 2500 yen.
post #9717 of 14225
Manhattan night. First I used Sazerac, then Black Maple Hill.

Can I sub Angostura for Peychaud bitters in an Old Fashioned without throwing the flavor?
post #9718 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

Glad I lives in Japan. Yesterday was my friends birthday, I bought him a bottle of 18 year old Speyside single malt for 3500 yen. 10 and 12 year old Islay and Speysides were around 1500 to 2500 yen.

That seems low, even for Japan. Which brand was the 18?
post #9719 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter View Post

That seems low, even for Japan. Which brand was the 18?

The Glenlivet,
post #9720 of 14225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fang66 View Post

The Glenlivet,

Ahhh...yea, I do remember seeing that at a really low price. And I agree with you...this country is great for the low taxes on alcohol.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?