Had a great Last Word made with VEP this week - guy didn't even ask if I wanted to call VEP, just grabbed it from the shelf. A little different from the game plan, but winning.
I don't really drink Mojitos, but this guy was making some for other people, I watched him make them at the bar, and decided I needed one too. Here is how he made them:
1. highball glass, room temp
2. small palmful of mint
3. squeeze two eighth wedges of a bigger juicy Mexican lime in
4. small 100 mil shot of white Carib rum, made in France, room temp (i.e warm)
5. muddle everything
6. Couple 100 mil shots of ice cold Havana Club 3 anos, stir to bring down temp and specific gravity
7. Fill about halfway with pebbled ice, let sit for about 3 minutes, then stir again
8. Fat shot of Monin mojito syrup, stir
9. Top with soda gun
10. 2" piece of mint as garnish
11. twist a piece of lime zest over the drink, and then hit the same twist with a blowtorch really quickly, shake over glass, discard.
12. enjoy - final result - the mintiest, most intense Mojito I've ever had in my life.