or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are you drinking right now? - Page 497

post #7441 of 14140
Drinking Sam Adams Infinium Ale now. Awesome fruity malty taste with a dry champagne like finish and champagne like carbonation. I'll be stocking up on this one for sure.

post #7442 of 14140
Longrow 14 year old. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Much more balanced than I'd expected.

Making a trip to the package store tomorrow to buy another BenRiach 16 year old for Christmas, any recommendations of something that I'd like in a similar vein?
post #7443 of 14140
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Longrow 14 year old. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Much more balanced than I'd expected.

Making a trip to the package store tomorrow to buy another BenRiach 16 year old for Christmas, any recommendations of something that I'd like in a similar vein?

Do they have some of the other BenRiach stuff? A lot of their peated and cask finished stuff is great.
post #7444 of 14140
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
Do they have some of the other BenRiach stuff? A lot of their peated and cask finished stuff is great.

They do, but I'd prefer something other than BenRiach; I likes what I like, and will buy the 16 year old, unless you can sell me on something else from the same distillery..
post #7445 of 14140
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
They do, but I'd prefer something other than BenRiach; I likes what I like, and will buy the 16 year old, unless you can sell me on something else from the same distillery..

Well I don't want to sell you anything you don't want! What about Glenfarclas 17? That is an excellent whisky.
post #7446 of 14140
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
Well I don't want to sell you anything you don't want! What about Glenfarclas 17? That is an excellent whisky.

Will look for and try, thanks!
post #7447 of 14140
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatty8 View Post
Will look for and try, thanks!

Ohh, wait! Before I forget, you ought to look for Glendronach 15 too. It tastes like Christmas.
post #7448 of 14140
Considering I'm a borderline alcoholic, I'm surprised I never read this thread before. I feel like I've been missing out Rather pleb tonight. Southern Comfort mixed with L&P right now. Kiwis keep telling me it's the bomb. It is pretty good, actually. I prefer my SoCo on the rocks, but if I ever mix it, it's going with L&P. EDIT: Actually, upon reflection, I'm not to sure how much I like the combo. SoCo is too sweet with almost any soda IMO, and my mouth tastes like bubblegum for 30 seconds after each gulp.
post #7449 of 14140
coffee. listening to ave maria on repeat imagining i am agent 47
post #7450 of 14140
Going out tonight and I am looking for some suggestions. I am looking for a drink that is decently sweet, and pretty easy to drink for a novice drinker, but still doesn't seem like a girl drink. I was thinking maybe an old fashioned?
post #7451 of 14140
Cass Light. It's fucking shit.... but my official 'styleforumming beer'
post #7452 of 14140
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianVarick View Post
Going out tonight and I am looking for some suggestions.

I am looking for a drink that is decently sweet, and pretty easy to drink for a novice drinker, but still doesn't seem like a girl drink. I was thinking maybe an old fashioned?

I am going to suggest a drink I recently tried-a sidecar. Your freinds will have no idea of the contents of the drink and it is a pretty easy to go down. The bad news is if you go to a dive bar, they may not know how to make one.

I am currently drinking a Brandy Alexander. Still researching good holiday drinks.
post #7453 of 14140
They will see his pinstripe blazer, white shirt and jeans with square toed loafers and know he's gonna order 'somethin fancy' before he even opens his mouth.
post #7454 of 14140
Quote:
Originally Posted by impolyt_one View Post
Cass Light. It's fucking shit.... but my official 'styleforumming beer'

this is one of the most awful beers i have ever tasted. tastes like carbonated urine. worse than keystone lite or natty lite
post #7455 of 14140
Quote:
Originally Posted by ama View Post
Ohh, wait! Before I forget, you ought to look for Glendronach 15 too. It tastes like Christmas.

Bought it, I assume it's the 15 year old "Revival"?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?