or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are you drinking right now? - Page 1053

post #15781 of 16278
I hate to say this but I've limited myself to two glasses of wine a day two weeks ago today. I've only succumbed once on Friday for a manhattan.
post #15782 of 16278
Pio's 2 glasses of wine...


https://www.amazon.com/FCL-24101001-Giant-Wine-Glass/dp/B005VRM2IU
post #15783 of 16278
^^ Nice to take a break now and then.
Cohiba Siglo II Cuban cigar, enjoyed with a Cuba Libre of Flor de Cana 4yo, Mexi Coke and Flor de Cana 15yo floater.
post #15784 of 16278
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocostella View Post

^^ Nice to take a break now and then.

You watch your mouth
post #15785 of 16278
... for some people, that is.
post #15786 of 16278
800
post #15787 of 16278
I might need to try Pappy to see what the hype is about.
post #15788 of 16278
It didn't dislodge my socks.
post #15789 of 16278
✨✨✌🏼️
post #15790 of 16278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I was in Italy for the last couple weeks and went on an amaro binge. Basically tried anything I've seen in the States and never sampled, along with any local variety that was on offer. It was always fun watching the bartenders blink at the American ordering amaro, must not be that common. Had a couple actually double check my order.


Drank a lot of Montenegro. Seemed to be the most common choice for the Italians too. Really enjoyed Branca Menta, hit the spot in the heat. I had one that was fantastic but wasn't sure of the name, never saw the bottle. I think it was one of the offerings by Nonino. Heavy grappa profile, orange, cinnamon. Good stuff.
Have you tried the Nardini Amaro? I really like it. Crossover between a "standard" amaro and nocino, with a prominent menthol note.

I'll take an alcohol break for a while too. Then again, if I get my hand on some of the recently released Stone Brewing Berlin brews (IPA, CaliBel IPA, Arrogant Bastard, Ruination 2.0 so far), I'll indulge a few times in between the "break". satisfied.gif
post #15791 of 16278

I love Montenegro (and many others!) but it's not available in Korea (unless I bring it in). I can get Amaro Nonino, but it's not the same--too syrupy.

post #15792 of 16278
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Have you tried the Nardini Amaro? I really like it. Crossover between a "standard" amaro and nocino, with a prominent menthol note.

It's not on the shelves around here and I didn't get around to trying it in Italy. Sounds like it might be similar to Amaro Lucano? Grappa based, got the menthol note.


There's actually a local place in DC that makes amaro style liquors, called Don Ciccio. Need to give it a try. They also do nocino and a prickly pear based liqueur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin100 View Post

I love Montenegro (and many others!) but it's not available in Korea (unless I bring it in). I can get Amaro Nonino, but it's not the same--too syrupy.

Montenegro is oddly expensive, like $34/750mL. Most amaros are like $22-25 here. Got too many things to pick up, although I might have to prioritize Montenegro while it's still hot out.
post #15793 of 16278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

Montenegro is oddly expensive, like $34/750mL. Most amaros are like $22-25 here. Got too many things to pick up, although I might have to prioritize Montenegro while it's still hot out.

 

Wow, that's ridiculous. I got my last bottle in Paris for 12 Euro.

post #15794 of 16278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

It's not on the shelves around here and I didn't get around to trying it in Italy. Sounds like it might be similar to Amaro Lucano? Grappa based, got the menthol note.
I've only had the Lucano once or so, but I don't remember it having that dark/rich/liquoricy nocino note.
Edit: Actually, nope. I've had the Lucano when I was in Napoli in January. I've also had a nice bottle of Villa Zarri nocino then. I definitely didn't associate the Lucano with the nocino.
post #15795 of 16278
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin100 View Post

Wow, that's ridiculous. I got my last bottle in Paris for 12 Euro.
Yup, it's like 13-14 € here and 13-16 € in Italy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?