or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are you drinking right now? - Page 1024

post #15346 of 16180


Finally tried Death's Door. Not sure why I hadn't. A bit stronger than average… had some nearly straight and then made a Negroni.
post #15347 of 16180
Just before New Years I had a fun rye taste test with a couple friends.



The rye used was Crown Royal Northern Harvest (of recent fame), Colonel EH Taylor rye, and 2011 Thomas Handy.

post #15348 of 16180
^^^^^And?
post #15349 of 16180

Montebuena Rioja

 

One of my favorites and for $8.97.

 

Cheers,

post #15350 of 16180
Just finished off my bottle of Springbank 15. Very nice stuff!
post #15351 of 16180
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint View Post

^^^^^And?

I identified all of them (although it was mostly by alcohol level than anything else as they were at 45%, 50%, and 64.3% respectively). My favourite is the Colonel E.H. Taylor although all of them are delicious. (This biased opinion brought to you by someone whose favourite booze is rye).
post #15352 of 16180
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post

I identified all of them (although it was mostly by alcohol level than anything else as they were at 45%, 50%, and 64.3% respectively). My favourite is the Colonel E.H. Taylor although all of them are delicious. (This biased opinion brought to you by someone whose favourite booze is rye).

Thanks,I like Rye a lot as well, mostly mix with it though. I'll have to try the Taylor.
post #15353 of 16180
Archie Rose Signature Dry Gin & Tonic with a lot of ice and fresh lime. A small boutique distillery in Sydney which is a complex yet clean tasting botanical gin using native blood limes and wild herbs. Going for a tour of the distillery next week. Reminds me of Martin Miller gin.
post #15354 of 16180
^ You're making me thirsty … that sounds good.
post #15355 of 16180
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post

I identified all of them (although it was mostly by alcohol level than anything else as they were at 45%, 50%, and 64.3% respectively). My favourite is the Colonel E.H. Taylor although all of them are delicious. (This biased opinion brought to you by someone whose favourite booze is rye).
hard to miss Col. Taylor's, strongest rye grain flavor I've found in a regularly available bottle. I love it straight, in an old fashioned or Manhattan
post #15356 of 16180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmm722 View Post

hard to miss Col. Taylor's, strongest rye grain flavor I've found in a regularly available bottle. I love it straight, in an old fashioned or Manhattan

The Northern Harvest has a really spicy flavour as well. Really spicy. For the price (if you can find it now) it's definitely worth a bottle. It's made less than an hour from me so I'm a little bit of a CR apologist.
post #15357 of 16180

Been busy, early mornings, so mostly just sipping on some sizzurp Suze lately.

 

post #15358 of 16180


Quite nice. Very Japanese
post #15359 of 16180
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin100 View Post

Been busy, early mornings, so mostly just sipping on some sizzurp Suze lately.

I tried this for the first time recently and found it very pleasant.
post #15360 of 16180

I'm drinking Diet Irn Bru.......love the full fat kind but i'm now diabetic so..........

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?