or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are you drinking right now? - Page 917

post #13741 of 14135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post

That is a spirit I have about 0 experience with. I can only recall 1 brand, Lucid, which we tried in college. I wasn't a well-versed drinker back in the day. Anise as a flavor is growing on me, but not something I reach for.

I had a random bottle of pastis that I've been working through for years. I use a splash at a time in things like Cocktail a la Louisiane. A pastis would probably be fine, but given how little of it I use, might as well try the full absinthe.
post #13742 of 14135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Nickels View Post

It's certainly more of a swill than an actual wine, but I think you could find some decent Australian makes in that range pretty cheap. Little Penguin I remember being decent though I haven't had it in years and I think some of the lower shelf Penfold's can be had around $10 if you scope them on sale.

Some decent stuff from Argentina goes on sale for $10/under $10 fairly regularly around here.
post #13743 of 14135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post

I had a random bottle of pastis that I've been working through for years. I use a splash at a time in things like Cocktail a la Louisiane. A pastis would probably be fine, but given how little of it I use, might as well try the full absinthe.

Now that I think about it I've used st george absinthe.
post #13744 of 14135
I've just pretty much finished my programming assignment (13 hours of coding since this morning). Now I'm enjoying some Cardenal Mendoza Lujo. Because I've earned it.
post #13745 of 14135
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

I've just pretty much finished my programming assignment (13 hours of coding since this morning). Now I'm enjoying some Cardenal Mendoza Lujo. Because I've earned it.

What was the assignment? Webapp w/db connect?
post #13746 of 14135
Nah, nothing overly fancy (still difficult enough for beginners). Java. Huffman-coding, i.e. compress text files and decompress them by using binary trees/priority queues (min heap) and such.
post #13747 of 14135
I don't speak from experience, having never tried any of these, but I did a few hours of digging around for recommendations on the main liquor categories, and amongst the list a few recommendations for absinthe came up. They are:

Higher End - Kubler, Tenneyson Absinthe Royal (Blanche), Vieux Carre Absinthe Supérieure (Verte).
Budget - Herbsaint or Legendre Herbsaint Original Liqueur
post #13748 of 14135
Well, fwiw, I've only had the Duplais Blanche, but there are quite a few others distilled by Matter (they prodcuce the Tempus Fugit stuff too).
post #13749 of 14135
wtf, did they call Bulleit Rye "Scotch" in The Awkward Moment?
post #13750 of 14135
A Whistlepig Old Fashioned. Orange twist, no muddled stuff.
post #13751 of 14135
Margarita. What else?
post #13752 of 14135
Negroni. Soooo good. I have missed these drinks over this horribly long winter. I'm glad to be able to look forward to a summer of gin based drinks now.
post #13753 of 14135
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post

Negroni. Soooo good. I have missed these drinks over this horribly long winter. I'm glad to be able to look forward to a summer of gin based drinks now.

 



+1
post #13754 of 14135
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post

Negroni. Soooo good. I have missed these drinks over this horribly long winter. I'm glad to be able to look forward to a summer of gin based drinks now.
It really is quite good. But winter doesn't stop me from enjoying it. wink.gif
I've just tried the Mascaró Gin 9. It's pretty good.
post #13755 of 14135

I'm putting down my macbook and going into the kitchen to make me a Margarita.

 

Happy Cinco de Mayo, y'all...

 

Cheers,

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?