Originally Posted by cptjeff
Maybe not 4, but probably about 3.5. A 2 oz cocktail just seems stingy to me. Being young helps with the tolerance.
I have to admit, I have a tendency of serving cocktail-glass-cocktails on the rocks in a Piob-sized-amount out of laziness. But that always involves ice cubes. With a Sazerac, I feel a sacred bond not to disturb the integrity of the fantastic drink a Sazerac is. Thusly, I prepare a small-ish amount, that still lasts long enough since I savour the Sazerac, and don't let it get to room temperature before finishing it (or gulp it down in one go, which would be the other alternative with 3.5 oz). That being said, I think it's time for another Sazerac. Yummy. Sadly, no lemon available, so I'll use grapefruit peel.
And no worries, I'm most definitely younger than you.
Edit: Grapefruit peel doesn't work that well. Really, don't try it.