or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are you drinking right now? - Page 835

post #12511 of 14192
This Green Goddess cocktail with green chartreuse is quite tasty:

http://www.smallscreennetwork.com/video/775/liquid-kitchen-green-goddess

Also the Iroqouis No.2:

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/05/31/hotel-cocktail-bars-make-their-big-expertly-shaken
post #12512 of 14192
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing View Post

This Green Goddess cocktail with green chartreuse is quite tasty:

http://www.smallscreennetwork.com/video/775/liquid-kitchen-green-goddess

Also the Iroqouis No.2:

http://www.foodrepublic.com/2012/05/31/hotel-cocktail-bars-make-their-big-expertly-shaken

 

Very interesting. Will need to go check out that bar.

 

BTW, what are your favorite bars in Beijing? I used to frequent Apothecary but I'm sure there are has been many newcomers over the past year.

post #12513 of 14192

another from my '98 stash: Domaine Des Deux Roches, St-Veran

with homemade Quiche Lorraine.

post #12514 of 14192
What do you guys think of G'VINE Nouaison / Floraison?
post #12515 of 14192
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradwu View Post

Very interesting. Will need to go check out that bar.

BTW, what are your favorite bars in Beijing? I used to frequent Apothecary but I'm sure there are has been many newcomers over the past year.

Apothecary is still there but there have been a few new bars notably one called The Janes & Hooch. They are quite good bars but lack the creativity of the bars in the West. What I mean is that they only offer classic cocktails but nothing really original as found in San Francisco or NYC.

I have a fairly large home bar so I can make my own favorite drinks.
post #12516 of 14192
Elijah Craig 12 year on the rocks. My first time having it and I think it might just become my new house bourbon. From the first sniff I found it absolutely delicious.
post #12517 of 14192

Caffè Shakerato, sugared, baby.

post #12518 of 14192
I thought folks might enjoy this, which I found courtesy of foodguy:
http://www.latimes.com/features/food/dailydish/la-dd-man-drinking-100000-historic-whiskey-20130723,0,350127.story
Edited by lawyerdad - 7/23/13 at 5:05pm
post #12519 of 14192
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawyerdad View Post

I thought folks might enjoy this, which I found courtesy of foodguy:
http://www.latimes.com/features/food/dailydish/la-dd-man-drinking-100000-historic-whiskey-20130723,0,350127.story

The best part is he's awaiting a liver transplant.
post #12520 of 14192
I think I've settled on a 5 parts bourbon, 3 parts Campari, and 2 parts vermouth for my preferred Boulevardier. I bought a 100 ml lab beaker for a pittance just to get ratios right.

Now if only Carpano Antica Formula vermouth came in something smaller than liter sized bottles. I fear I'll never go through all of it before it begins to turn bad.
post #12521 of 14192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

I think I've settled on a 5 parts bourbon, 3 parts Campari, and 2 parts vermouth for my preferred Boulevardier. I bought a 100 ml lab beaker for a pittance just to get ratios right.

Now if only Carpano Antica Formula vermouth came in something smaller than liter sized bottles. I fear I'll never go through all of it before it begins to turn bad.

I hope I can say that I got you hooked on them lol8[1].gif
post #12522 of 14192
You deserve a most hardy thank you for introducing me to that wonderful cocktail.
post #12523 of 14192
It is indeed a wonderful cocktail. One of my absolute favorites for sure.
post #12524 of 14192
Shared Boulevardiers with my gf last night while studying. So good. Only had one, which sucked - two would have been perfect.
post #12525 of 14192
2:1:1

Jim Beam Rye - Campari - Oliver Matter Vermouth Rosso

and a dash of Angostura bitters & orange zest (squeezed it into the drink; I rarely enjoy dumping it into it afterwards, it almost always overpowers the drink IMO). Very nice.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?