or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are you drinking right now? - Page 830

post #12436 of 14192
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilkinson View Post

Dunno, we just started selling it. Haven't tasted it yet.
Looking forward to your review.
post #12437 of 14192
I have been digging my Toddy system lately. Anyone have a good recipe that would involve some cold brewed coffee, aside from a white Russian. Maybe an iced Irish coffee? Or a bit of cold brew, jameson and a bit of milk?
post #12438 of 14192
Cold brew coffee isn't necessarily cold
post #12439 of 14192
Place ice cubes in a glass. Top with cold brew coffee. Drink.
post #12440 of 14192
I am aware of that, I don't even use cold water to brew in my Toddy. But, being that it is summer and I keep my cold brew in the fridge to make great ice coffee, I was wondering what would make a good iced coffee cocktail.
post #12441 of 14192
Look out for anything that involves coffee liquor. Then find a way to not dilute said cocktail by using the cold brew coffee. Not easily done. Stick to White Russians, or simple on the rocks. If you're still looking for a "cocktail" with coffee, try a doppio topped with tonic water. Other than that, I'd recommend sticking to liquor for cocktails.
post #12442 of 14192
There's this coffee shop on my block that has a 24-hour brewed cold press coffee. I can drink regular coffee all day long with little effect, but a cup of that cold press gets me jittering like a crackhead.

BTW, Boulevardiers are delicious.
Edited by Nil - 7/11/13 at 9:35am
post #12443 of 14192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post

BTW, Boulevardiers delicious.

fistbump.gif
post #12444 of 14192
I should sell the Toddy for a living, but the process takes out most of the acidity, while what seems to increase the caffeine content. Gonna try a little coffee and bailys with a touch of milk on ice. Might do the trick after dinner.
post #12445 of 14192
More Boulevardiers and Manhattans for me.
post #12446 of 14192
Two Buck Chuck Cabernet... LOL
biggrin.gif
post #12447 of 14192


Rhubarb fizz

8 cl Rhubarb liqueur
6 cl lemon juice
4 cl vodka
2 cl 2:1 simple
seltzer

Can take quite a bit of seltzer. Quite delicious. Bit too sweet and a bite too pricey (35 cl of the rhubarb liquor are 20 €). Wish I could source the Art in the Age Rhubarb Tea. How rhubarby is it? How sweet?
Edited by b1os - 7/12/13 at 10:31am
post #12448 of 14192
Ha, I never knew the word for Rhubarb in German. Nice.

I'd think that rhubarb liquer would be fairly easy to make yourself with neutral spirits.
post #12449 of 14192
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Wish I could source the Art in the Age Rhubarb Tea. How rhubarby is it? How sweet?

Not overly rhubarby (as you put it), as it is more a garden tea with rhubarb being just the primary ingredient. Here's the website: http://www.artintheage.com/our-spirits/rhuby/

It actually contains beets, carrots, petitgrain, cardamom, pink peppercorn and rhubarb. It is a touch sweet for my liking, which is why I will dilute it with ice or with soda, but the flavour is fantastic.
post #12450 of 14192
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravenel View Post

Ha, I never knew the word for Rhubarb in German. Nice.

I'd think that rhubarb liquer would be fairly easy to make yourself with neutral spirits.
I guess I'd try making it myself before I buy it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denning View Post

Not overly rhubarby (as you put it), as it is more a garden tea with rhubarb being just the primary ingredient. Here's the website: http://www.artintheage.com/our-spirits/rhuby/

It actually contains beets, carrots, petitgrain, cardamom, pink peppercorn and rhubarb. It is a touch sweet for my liking, which is why I will dilute it with ice or with soda, but the flavour is fantastic.
Yeah, I've just seen the video. Sounds interesting and if it ever becomes available in Germany, I'll definitely try it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?