or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What are you drinking right now?

post #1 of 14334
Thread Starter 
At the risk of sounding like an alcoholic, this thread is about what you are drinking at the moment.

Had a long and stressful day, but I worked hard and got through it all, so now I'm just sitting back surfing SF with a Beamish. I really like this beer - good Irish Stout, nice and dark and heavy, with a creamy bitter finish. I got a 4-pack of the 16 ounce cans which have the nitrogen bubble ('widget') inside which is a nice touch.

post #2 of 14334
A Sprite. Have an awful back and neck ache so no alcohol for me right now

P.s. cheers!
post #3 of 14334
I am working on a Alsatian Gewurztraminer from Domaine Barmes Buecher. The 2004 Pfersigberg Grand Cru, to be specific. It's a lovely wine for sipping - enticing lychee and peaches lead the nose with floral scents not far behind, and a correspondingly tasting and assertive body with a lingering finish - but a touch too sweet to be very food friendly. I am not a big fan of Gewurz but this certainly is one of the better ones I've tried. It is a bit more acidic than usual which helps keeps it from being overpowering.
post #4 of 14334
Quote:
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
At the risk of sounding like an alcoholic, this thread is about what you are drinking at the moment.

Had a long and stressful day, but I worked hard and got through it all, so now I'm just sitting back surfing SF with a Beamish. I really like this beer - good Irish Stout, nice and dark and heavy, with a creamy bitter finish. I got a 4-pack of the 16 ounce cans which have the nitrogen bubble ('widget') inside which is a nice touch.

I love Beamish. They discontinued (kegs of) it in this country, AFAIK, so cans are all you can get anymore. Also try Murphy's and Boddington's when you get a chance. Boddy's is like drinking cream of beer or something. Great stuff.

Right now I'm drinking lots of water and washing down a bunch of vitamins and stuff. Yum.
post #5 of 14334
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
I love Beamish. Also try Murphy's and Boddington's when you get a chance. Boddy's is like drinking cream of beer or something. Great stuff.

I've had both and really like them. When I buy beer it's usually either some sort of darker local microbrew, or Newcastle, but I should buy these tall cans more often.
post #6 of 14334


+

Homemade Pesto Chicken Pizza

= Goodness
post #7 of 14334
Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 yeard old rum, on the rocks, splash of simple syrup.
post #8 of 14334
It's very irritating how people in the U.S. tend to think that Guiness (or even Ireland as a whole) has a monopoly on or invented stout/porter.
post #9 of 14334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Appleby
It's very irritating how people in the U.S. tend to think that Guiness (or even Ireland as a whole) has a monopoly on or invented stout/porter.

Not as irritating as those who misspell Guinness

But back on topic, I have to say the best stout I've ever had is St Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. It's brewed in Quebec, and it might be available south of the border. Very different from Guinness - no artificial thickness, more carbonation, stronger taste with more coffee/less ashtray taste.
post #10 of 14334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
+ Homemade Pesto Chicken Pizza = Goodness
YEESSSSS! Love the Maudite! Especially that one, I think it tastes better kept in the bottle than letting it breathe in a stein. A.
post #11 of 14334


+



FTW
post #12 of 14334
just finished off a bottle of Gatorade.

-Jeff
post #13 of 14334
post #14 of 14334
Has anyone tried Zaya?
post #15 of 14334
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
+ FTW
AmJack drink.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › What are you drinking right now?