or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › In Praise of Olive
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

In Praise of Olive - Page 3

post #31 of 113
You might as well show this:
tumblr_lt7hye7VYY1r0dfeb.jpg
post #32 of 113
I love me an olive-skinned brunette.........
post #33 of 113
mmmmmm..........rich olive flannels and tweeds with purple/aubergine madder ties.........................
post #34 of 113
I recently bought a brioni tie in olive and all I can say is "amazing". It goes with so much more than I expected.
post #35 of 113

Olive accessories = one of the best.

Olive clothing = underrated and underused, but proceed with caution.

 

I have a pair of gray/green matte flannel trousers.

post #36 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_timothy View Post

You might as well show this:
tumblr_lt7hye7VYY1r0dfeb.jpg

Recommendations for pants and shirts that would go with this? I'm thinking no tie, more casual. smile.gif
post #37 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles_ View Post


Recommendations for pants and shirts that would go with this? I'm thinking no tie, more casual. smile.gif


Gray flannel... different shades of moleskin... jeans even.

post #38 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by sprout View Post

Gray flannel... different shades of moleskin... jeans even.


+1 to all of those. Myself, I'd do dark blue denim, blue OCBD, and dove gray cashmere sweater. Or, gray flannel pants, blue OCBD, and navy cashmere sweater. Feel free to swap out the blue OCBD for anything like tattersall.
post #39 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by james_timothy View Post

+1 to all of those. Myself, I'd do dark blue denim, blue OCBD, and dove gray cashmere sweater. Or, gray flannel pants, blue OCBD, and navy cashmere sweater. Feel free to swap out the blue OCBD for anything like tattersall.

I do ocbd's with my olive SC's, gray would be ok with jeans I think, but would other colors work with gray flannel?
post #40 of 113
Most of the discussion here is for jackets but I have become a fan of olive and lovat pants. Olive odd jackets seem restricted to county/casual whereas pants seem to work in, well, not really "formal" but more formal situations.
post #41 of 113
I love my olive cords. 5 pocket, fine wale. Highly recommended, they're a very versatile piece.
post #42 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder View Post

Most of the discussion here is for jackets but I have become a fan of olive and lovat pants. Olive odd jackets seem restricted to county/casual whereas pants seem to work in, well, not really "formal" but more formal situations.


Agree with above.   I don't think I would willfully choose anything green for a jacket.

post #43 of 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBreinin View Post

As long as it is not that awful super worsted '80s olive, I can appreciate it. I can't wear it due to my skin tone. Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post

I'm not a fan of olive. Besides, it looks awful on me.

My brothers...:sniffle:, we have come home are are all together at last
post #44 of 113
Fall = olive SC's in my book.

I pair them with the following;


Shirts; deniim, red, navy, pink, blue, lavender and purple
Sweaters: navy, burgundy, red, purple and gold sweaters
Pants: khaki chinos, brown cords, jeans, brown moleskins
Shoes: snuff suede, whiskey and #8 shell loafers/ chukkas
post #45 of 113
I've always been a fan of olive and other brownish-greens for trousers.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › In Praise of Olive