or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Florsheim by Duckie Brown Cordovan Shoe & Boot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Florsheim by Duckie Brown Cordovan Shoe & Boot Thread - Page 7

post #91 of 313
Thread Starter 
I think India but I'll double check later tonight
post #92 of 313
Cheers.
post #93 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

Duckie Brown Black Shell Cordovan without a single imperfection (when compared to previous DB shell)
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Like the look of these. I'm wearing my tan ones today... maybe I'll think about these black ones if the price is right.
post #94 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersSon View Post

Do you know where this model was made?

India
post #95 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson View Post

Like the look of these. I'm wearing my tan ones today... maybe I'll think about these black ones if the price is right.

it was an easy decision for me since I had $140 in Gilt Credit. Even without the credit, $299 is a very reasonable price
post #96 of 313
I pulled the trigger twice one Dark Cherry and one Cordovan ($330 with shipping to Australia). Dark cherry landed waiting for the Cordovan colour. The dark cherry 2 shoes are two different colours ! I guess display model. There are two big ugly dark spots. And few small small ones here and there. But the shoe construction look solid. A little bit disappointed as this one was my first pair of shell was thinking of being blinded by the shine of the shell instead they look quite dull. Anyway the below are my Dark cherry . I hope I can polish them to look the same.I will have to email gilt and complaint about these. Just been lazy. Is it possible to polish 1 display display model shoe to match the other ? I tried on my old pair and no matter how much I polish they still look different colour ! These are really comfortable. I have few pairs of AE and they are way much more comfortable than AEs.They do feel 1/2 size big. They have soft foam foot bed(insole)Will post the cordovan colour ones once I receive them. I hope the cordovan colour pair comes in perfect condition.
263
263
263
263
post #97 of 313
I like those! I considered them, but ultimately ended up kopping the cordovan, as well.
post #98 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by md2010 View Post

I pulled the trigger twice one Dark Cherry and one Cordovan ($330 with shipping to Australia). Dark cherry landed waiting for the Cordovan colour. The dark cherry 2 shoes are two different colours ! I guess display model. There are two big ugly dark spots. And few small small ones here and there. But the shoe construction look solid. A little bit disappointed as this one was my first pair of shell was thinking of being blinded by the shine of the shell instead they look quite dull. Anyway the below are my Dark cherry . I hope I can polish them to look the same.I will have to email gilt and complaint about these. Just been lazy. Is it possible to polish 1 display display model shoe to match the other ? I tried on my old pair and no matter how much I polish they still look different colour ! These are really comfortable. I have few pairs of AE and they are way much more comfortable than AEs.They do feel 1/2 size big. They have soft foam foot bed(insole)Will post the cordovan colour ones once I receive them. I hope the cordovan colour pair comes in perfect condition. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
263
263
263
263

As noted in this thread, I think the splotches are a hit and miss thing; you'll just have to decide how much it bothers you. I got lucky with mine and have very little of that, but others reported really bad marks on their shoes.

As for the different colors, before you do anything, take them out in the sun and see how they look. I had the same reaction with mine, but I've found that the lighting makes a big difference. I kind of like that the shades of parts of each shoe seem to change a bit. But mine are tan, so the differences might not stand out as much as on dark cherry.

EDIT: Mine are shell. Your dark cherry look like shell to me in the pics. But if I'm mistaken, then what I say about color and lighting might not apply.
post #99 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

India

Thank you.
post #100 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennavate View Post

I like those! I considered them, but ultimately ended up kopping the cordovan, as well.

How do you like them? How did you size?
post #101 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

How do you like them? How did you size?

I went half a size down (8.5 from my usual 9D), as per your advice. I haven't got them yet—had to get them shipped to my cousin in Chicago first because Gilt wanted like $100 to ship to Canada (for duty and taxes... total bullshit). I should have them next week. Will post impressions then!
post #102 of 313
Thread Starter 
nice. you should be good sizing wise. I sized down a 1/2 on my most recent pair and they fit great. The first pair i ordered (ravello lw) is too big since I went with 12. sux because now I know how great 11.5 fits, will be hard to wear the 12. :/
post #103 of 313
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennavate View Post

I went half a size down (8.5 from my usual 9D), as per your advice. I haven't got them yet—had to get them shipped to my cousin in Chicago first because Gilt wanted like $100 to ship to Canada (for duty and taxes... total bullshit). I should have them next week. Will post impressions then!

btw, wtf happened to "gfreeman"
post #104 of 313
Thread Starter 
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App
post #105 of 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMOR View Post

btw, wtf happened to "gfreeman"

Got my username changed. Didn't like gfreeman anymore; also wanted it be in line with my Twitter account. Sort of consolidating my online presence.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Florsheim by Duckie Brown Cordovan Shoe & Boot Thread