Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Paging shoe experts - who makes this shoe? Last post on 11/30/12 at 12:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Santoni vs Peal & Co. from Brooks Brothers vs Ferragamo Last post on 10/29/12 at 7:19am in Classic Menswear
- Mid-brown suede captoe? Last post on 10/14/12 at 9:26pm in Classic Menswear
- Is this BB boat shoe to formal to go along with jeans? Last post on 10/7/12 at 8:15pm in Classic Menswear
- What last does Alden use in its BB Shoes? Last post on 9/26/12 at 12:51pm in Classic Menswear
The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Knitwear
Last edited: 11/11/15
- Autumn Fabrics: TweedLast edited: 9/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.30.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 9.18.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Florsheim by Duckie Brown Cordovan Shoe & Boot Thread - Page 21post #301 of 3363/15/13 at 5:34am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #302 of 3365/8/13 at 12:57pmpost #303 of 3365/9/13 at 6:04pmpost #304 of 3365/13/13 at 4:21pmpost #305 of 3365/27/13 at 12:38pmpost #306 of 3365/27/13 at 1:14pmThread StarterQuote:
I think I know what you are referring to. DB "paints" their shell with a thin veneer to enhance the color. I've also seen this on a black pair. Gives the shell some extra shine. As far as I know, "painting" shell is a common industry practice but companies like Alden are much more effective at it (e.g. Color #8).post #307 of 3367/15/13 at 1:32pmpost #308 of 33611/14/13 at 2:14amNavy cordovan brogue boots arrived from New York a few days ago. Making a long story short: blob-like but close-fitting last, weak stiffeners on heel and toe, poor lasting around heel, a few unpunched brogue holes, some stitchings askew, true Made in India quality but at least the Horween cordovan is the real McCoy. A decent find on eBay but (was) not worth the trouble at full prices. The last has a close fit around the ball of foot, elsewhere I'd say it's an X; not large enough to size up but will need thick socks or separate insoles. The navy shade is a cold one instead of the usual dark blue.
The rest are here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/qelsem/sets/72157637657582685/post #309 of 33611/14/13 at 6:15ampost #310 of 33612/5/13 at 8:40pmpost #311 of 3363/25/14 at 1:17pmI purchased this pair of burgundy cordovan LWBs from rennavate. But since I already had a pair of Alden 975s, I felt comfortable in experimenting with this pair. What I basically did was to expose them to this winter's sun for a good 2 months ... as expected, they lightened up considerably from a uniform dark burgundy to an uneven reddish-brown colour . Unfortunately, they have also become quite dry and so I will eventually need to condition them. Overall, I like the accelerated patina ... now only worn with denim and khakis.
post #312 of 3363/25/14 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by Kwaker
I purchased this pair of burgundy cordovan LWBs from rennavate. But since I already had a pair of Alden 975s, I felt comfortable in experimenting with this pair. What I basically did was to expose them to this winter's sun for a good 2 months ... as expected, they lightened up considerably from a uniform dark burgundy to an uneven reddish-brown colour . Unfortunately, they have also become quite dry and so I will eventually need to condition them. Overall, I like the accelerated patina ... now only worn with denim and khakis.
Instead of the AE cordovan cream, which will probably darken them some, I would try Saphir Renovateur. I use it occasionally on my shell cordovan, and it seems to absorb well into and nourish shell cordovan.post #313 of 3363/28/14 at 10:11ampost #314 of 3365/10/14 at 1:01pmpost #315 of 3365/10/14 at 1:06pm
- Florsheim by Duckie Brown Cordovan Shoe & Boot Thread
- Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
Currently, there are 1303 Active Users (312 Members and 991 Guests)
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?