or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › The Official Hair Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Hair Thread - Page 4

post #46 of 1125
Thanks a lot man! I'll definitely try the Jonathan Dirt product you recommended. It seems very suitable for the style I'm after.
post #47 of 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkestChapter View Post
Thanks a lot man! I'll definitely try the Jonathan Dirt product you recommended. It seems very suitable for the style I'm after.
No prob. It'll take a few tries to find the correct amount to apply. Don't discount the leave in conditioner as well. Aussie makes another good and inexpensive one and it smells good. Should be able to find this at RiteAid, Walgreens, etc http://www.soap.com/product/productd...1#ReviewHeader
post #48 of 1125
Pretty thick slightly wavy/curly hair here. I always want to try to grow it our ala Patrick Dempsey, but I alway wimp out and cut it. I think that's mostly because the neckline starts to bug me... Any ideas? Right now I shampoo every other day and use American Crew Fiber.
post #49 of 1125
Just tried co-washing tonight. Have been growing my hair now almost 9 months and those pictures posted on the previous page convinced me to keep going for at least a couple more weeks until my hair pisses me off. I have fine wavy/curly hair, any tips on keeping it under control during this awkward phase of growing it out. Might give the leave in conditioner a try.
post #50 of 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by airblaster503 View Post
Just tried co-washing tonight. Have been growing my hair now almost 9 months and those pictures posted on the previous page convinced me to keep going for at least a couple more weeks until my hair pisses me off. I have fine wavy/curly hair, any tips on keeping it under control during this awkward phase of growing it out. Might give the leave in conditioner a try.


Remember to rinse your hair for a full minute to get all of the conditioner out. Very important.
post #51 of 1125
Anyone recommend a good place in Vancouver for a haircut? Looking for someone who does a good job with clippers and is moderately priced or can style extremely thick/straight asian hair (I might grow my hair out). Thanks.
post #52 of 1125
Looking for some thoughts on a new haircut. I've had something similar to this for about 8 months now and I'm a bit bored with it. Any suggestions for something more interesting that works with my face? First three were taken today and the last one is from about 6 months ago. Thanks!
post #53 of 1125
Am seeking any and all suggestions regarding potential hairstyles. I've no idea what to do. For the record, my hair is much thicker (sample picture) than the attached photo suggests and more dark brown/black than pure black (if that makes sense).
LL
post #54 of 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by HgaleK View Post
Looking for some thoughts on a new haircut. I've had something similar to this for about 8 months now and I'm a bit bored with it. Any suggestions for something more interesting that works with my face? First three were taken today and the last one is from about 6 months ago. Thanks!
How about the Jugend cut? (Minus the hipster 'burns) http://www.flickr.com/photos/21266637@N05/3829020347/
post #55 of 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelbrain View Post
Am seeking any and all suggestions regarding potential hairstyles. I've no idea what to do. For the record, my hair is much thicker (sample picture) than the attached photo suggests and more dark brown/black than pure black (if that makes sense).
Singer Playing the Red Guitar (Steve Malkmus) http://www.vimeo.com/2475547
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #56 of 1125
I have thick hair but I just don't know what to do with it. I try to grow it long but it just grows up and out like a helmet. When I cut it short, I want it long and vice versa. I can never achieve anything with my fringe and it just always looks a disaster.

It's my 21st Birthday party next Saturday and I drastically need to do something with it before then.

Here's the mess itself:
http://i51.tinypic.com/20ibbz4.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/20j5k06.jpg


Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm able to get some colouring for free next week (was thinking blonde or dark red) but I've no idea how to style it before hand or what to ask for when I got to get it cut/thinned out.
post #57 of 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennTheFitz View Post
I have thick hair but I just don't know what to do with it. I try to grow it long but it just grows up and out like a helmet. When I cut it short, I want it long and vice versa. I can never achieve anything with my fringe and it just always looks a disaster.

It's my 21st Birthday party next Saturday and I drastically need to do something with it before then.

Here's the mess itself:
http://i51.tinypic.com/20ibbz4.jpg
http://i54.tinypic.com/20j5k06.jpg


Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm able to get some colouring for free next week (was thinking blonde or dark red) but I've no idea how to style it before hand or what to ask for when I got to get it cut/thinned out.

post #58 of 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennTheFitz View Post
Any advice would be much appreciated. I'm able to get some colouring for free next week (was thinking blonde or dark red) but I've no idea how to style it before hand or what to ask for when I got to get it cut/thinned out.
Don't go red of any shade until you've had some experience messing around with hair color. Red pigments don't come if you decide that it looks like shit. you're stuck with it until it all grows out. Edit: willpower, thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out.
post #59 of 1125
So I'm rocking bieber hair atm and I'm tired of it. How should I cut my hair? I'm a bit chubby if that matters.
LL
post #60 of 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by phigure View Post
So I'm rocking bieber hair atm and I'm tired of it. How should I cut my hair? I'm a bit chubby if that matters.
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lf...49moo1_500.jpg http://www.blogcdn.com/www.spinner.c...200-091609.jpg http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_sIDyx7DeLI...an-wilson1.jpg And consider growing some mutton chops to lengthen your face a bit (if you want). Ignore the hair, it's the burns I'm referring to. http://0.tqn.com/d/hairremoval/1/0/7...ck-mutton1.jpg If you want to lose weight without a lot of grief, read "Fit for Life" by Harvey Diamond http://www.amazon.com/Fit-Life-Harve...tt_at_ep_dpi_1
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › The Official Hair Thread