or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What's in your current denim rotation?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's in your current denim rotation? - Page 3

post #31 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrosa
How do you like the SJ dry blacks? I've been debating picking up a pair in either the dry black or dry greycast.

Get the blacks over the greycast. My pair of greycast did not wash up nicely. The color just looks weird instead of beautiful and different, like I was hoping. The blacks look really rock star IMO.

My rotation is:

APC New Cure that I just got
Imperial Dukes that I just washed
Nudie Slim Jim Dry Greycast when I want to smell like old peppermint
post #32 of 55
I pretty much just wear my RRL slim bootcuts. Sometimes I'll throw on my APC Rescues or pre-washed PDCs if I'm in the mood for something different (the Rescues are too big for me, though). Will be adding a pair of LVC '47 501s soon (a gift from my mom, aw). I'd really like to add a pair of black Samurais, too...
post #33 of 55
anyone know the difference in slimjims between "dry black" and "dry"
post #34 of 55
"Dry" is indigo-dyed. "Dry black" is dyed with black dye.
post #35 of 55
APC Rescues
Nobody
Samurai S5000BK

Damn those Samurais are hard to break in!
post #36 of 55
John Bull sc002
APC New Standard
post #37 of 55
sugarcane 1945b
levis jp 901

coming soon(in the mail):
sammy contest jeans
lvc 47(washed)
helmut lang italian cut raw
post #38 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
no dior eternal?
i think they are being passed around. cheapmutha traded me his pair (in the post now); don't know the provenance, but i suspect they may have been jc's originally
post #39 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzhizz
APC Rescues
Nobody
Samurai S5000BK

Damn those Samurais are hard to break in!

Dude, if you want to break in Samurais in less than say, a year, you have to backburner ever other pair of jeans in your rotation, or be Cheapmutha. Those things are supertough and hold dye like crazy.
post #40 of 55
Eternal 811
LVC 47
Cane 47's but i hate the cut, so only when i'm hanging around the house
post #41 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchman
Cane 47's but i hate the cut, so only when i'm hanging around the house

Haha, I hear exactly what you're saying. I have this bizarre love hate relationship with my 47 canes. They've been up for sale twice now (on ebay) and I just can't bring myself to sell them. The denim is just beautiful and I love the details. I have 2 other pairs of butt hugging jeans (new standards and PBJs) and these add a bit of variety to the mix.
post #42 of 55
i find the 47's to be a relief from less forgiving cuts. i'm not relaxed unless i'm in my canes.
post #43 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
Dude, if you want to break in Samurais in less than say, a year, you have to backburner ever other pair of jeans in your rotation, or be Cheapmutha. Those things are supertough and hold dye like crazy.

There was some extreme jean porn posted over at big soho this weeked, which I think is still up; they have a photo of and a link to a feature about a 2-and-a-half-year-old pair of Sam 19's worn in by one of the Surface to Air guys. They are sweet.

Speaking of cmf: dude drives me f***ing beserk with his bargain/rarity-hunting skillz; where in god's name did you find the raw Helmut Langs?

Also, if I quit my lame-o office gig and go work construction just to break in jeans, does that make the world's biggest poseur?
post #44 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
Also, if I quit my lame-o office gig and go work construction just to break in jeans, does that make the world's biggest poseur?

Don't think you're the first to wonder....
post #45 of 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bona Drag
There was some extreme jean porn posted over at big soho this weeked, which I think is still up; they have a photo of and a link to a feature about a 2-and-a-half-year-old pair of Sam 19's worn in by one of the Surface to Air guys. They are sweet.


http://www.psychopedia.com/dailynews...arriorsur.html
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What's in your current denim rotation?