or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A budget vintage watch collection
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A budget vintage watch collection - Page 5

post #61 of 83
Bumping this thread with a pic of my new love.
Vintage USSR Pobeda with the REAL James Bond RAF strap.


Edit- I understand the irony.
post #62 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post
Very nice beater, which model is this?

Sorry I missed this.
I don't know the model. I wouldn't say it is rare, but there are definitely less than the Mercury or Marlin model.
post #63 of 83
A couple of vintage ones of mine:

Longines 18ct rose gold manual wind wristwatch Movement Number 9021231, circa 1950


Zenith 18ct gold automatic centre seconds wristwatch 1950's
post #64 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyaji View Post

post #65 of 83
Bump with a pic of one of my favorite Raketas. I couldn't get the thing to keep good time so I had to sell it for a loss.

post #66 of 83
+ Here is a pic of the coolest watch you will ever see. My favorite from age 7-13. I would still wear it today if it fit an adult wrist(I am serious).
1992 M&M Olympic Watch
post #67 of 83
My Omega Seamaster DeVille.
LL
post #68 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by deveandepot1 View Post
+ Here is a pic of the coolest watch you will ever see. My favorite from age 7-13. I would still wear it today if it fit an adult wrist(I am serious).
1992 M&M Olympic Watch

post #69 of 83
Vintage Waltham: Solid Gold Longines: Have a few more, but no pics. I enjoy both greatly.
post #70 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Strike View Post
This?



It's an Alpina - I think it's probably slightly later than WWI, but it's absolutely the trench style, it even has the Breguet hands, like a pocket watch.

What is this called when there is sort of only one attachment point for the band to the case. I know a few modern Longines have this style and I really love it.
post #71 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post
Nice pieces LS - interestingly, I have in my collection the same two first watches but my DeVille is in a steel case and my Longines has a black dial. Both required repair/service that cost me 50-100% of the value of the watch. I think anyone thnking about buying vintage should be absolutely aware of that

I paid a ridicculous AUD800 for an Omega c1944. Repairs have been AUD250 so far.
post #72 of 83


I have this exact Omega (mine has a black croc strap and original pig skin box), my Grandfather gave it to me years ago. Cosmetically mine is fukked, no glass, missing the minute hand and the face is very tarnished.

Is it worth me taking in to Omega for repairs? Anyone know how much a reconditioned item like this might be worth?
post #73 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRock View Post


I have this exact Omega (mine has a black croc strap and original pig skin box), my Grandfather gave it to me years ago. Cosmetically mine is fukked, no glass, missing the minute hand and the face is very tarnished.

Is it worth me taking in to Omega for repairs? Anyone know how much a reconditioned item like this might be worth?

If your granddad gave it to you, you'd better treasure it and get it repaired.
post #74 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronRock View Post


I have this exact Omega (mine has a black croc strap and original pig skin box), my Grandfather gave it to me years ago. Cosmetically mine is fukked, no glass, missing the minute hand and the face is very tarnished.

Is it worth me taking in to Omega for repairs? Anyone know how much a reconditioned item like this might be worth?

Yes...price ...don't know but vintage Omegas notoriously hold their value ..not to forget the sentimental attachment of wearing you granddad's watch.
post #75 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post
Yes...price ...don't know but vintage Omegas notoriously hold their value ..not to forget the sentimental attachment of wearing you granddad's watch.

You are quite right about the sentimental value - crass of me to mention monetary worth- I think what I was trying to get at was how much reconditioning might be (roughly) compared to the value of a reconditioned watch.

Regardless I will be taking in to an omega dealer here and asking them.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A budget vintage watch collection