or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A budget vintage watch collection
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

A budget vintage watch collection - Page 2

post #16 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Is it gold?
14K. It was sold for approx. $500 in 2004. It was very worn, though.
post #17 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Yes, I like the stark elegance of it.

Is it gold?

That one caught my eye.
Great story LS!
post #18 of 83
Thread Starter 
Edit: Oops, wrong thread
post #19 of 83
When I read the thread title I thought this would be a discussion about old watches that were inexpensive when they were first sold

I have a growing collection of old Timexes, Lemanias and Gruens dating from the mid-1950s to late 1960s I should post sometime. All work and all are worn.
post #20 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgekko
When I read the thread title I thought this would be a discussion about old watches that were inexpensive when they were first sold

I have a growing collection of old Timexes, Lemanias and Gruens dating from the mid-1950s to late 1960s I should post sometime. All work and all are worn.

Excellent, please do!
post #21 of 83
Nice Longines. I've always considered purchasing one.
post #22 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by skalogre
Excellent, please do!

I would but who really wants to see a bunch of old consumer level watches? You could probably just cruise eBay for a bit and see the same thing, ha ha.
post #23 of 83
What model Gruen do you have?
post #24 of 83
How do you get such perfect pictures of your watches? Everytime I try it either reflects like crazy or when I turn the flash off it just comes out bad.
post #25 of 83
Quote:
What model Gruen do you have?

Good question. Next time I log on I'll give you the full details.
post #26 of 83
Lucky Strike, that is a fantastic story about your grandpa's watch. That took cajones (the good kind). Of course, the shop keeper's actions also took cajones (the bad kind). Your cajones proved to be far, far superior.
post #27 of 83
Hi,

Four monthes ago I Begun a small collection of vintage mecanic omega..These are the first one:

post #28 of 83
Thread Starter 
Gorgeous, Georges! Those are all around 1960, right? I've always liked the ones with the "pie-pan" dials, like the one at the right.
post #29 of 83
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake
How do you get such perfect pictures of your watches? Everytime I try it either reflects like crazy or when I turn the flash off it just comes out bad.
I pester the product photographers where I work
post #30 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorgekko
I would but who really wants to see a bunch of old consumer level watches? You could probably just cruise eBay for a bit and see the same thing, ha ha.

Oh come on
As an owner of a multitude of plebeian mechanical watches, I am honestly interested.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › A budget vintage watch collection