or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Is your penis significantly larger, or smaller than average?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Is your penis significantly larger, or smaller than average?

post #1 of 62
Thread Starter 
(DISCLAIMER: Despite the comedic potential, this is intended to be a serious thread. Spare us all the obvious jokes, please.)
Scholarly data reveal that the average size of an erect human penis is approximately 5.5 inches in length, 5.0 inches in circumference*, and that the size range is a predictably bell-shaped curve.** If you are towards the middle of this curve, this question is not directed at you. If, however, you are at the periphery of said curve, then.... Has the size of your endowment, great or small, ever actually been an issue? Have you ever experienced a situation wherein possessing a closer-to-the-median measurement would have made a difference? Or has the size of your penis always been irrelevant? Being possessed of perfectly average anatomy, I have always dismissed out of hand any assertions - usually by marketers attempting to prey on men's size-related anxieties - that "size matters" (in either direction). I can't see penis size affecting one's ability to pick up women; they can't tell what your dimensions are 'till your clothes come off, and I'd assume by that point it wouldn't change their intentions. And unless a fellow runs in circles with particularly odd social customs, it certainly has no bearing on social standing. I'm sure sexual activity feels just as pleasing for the man with a large or small penis as it does for the man of average proportions. And in my personal experience, women have a wide range of sexual preferences, and what satisfies one may not satisfy the next, so it seems to reason that pleasing a partner hinges more on a man's skill and adaptability than the size of his equipment. So, with all of that being said, I've always assumed that, despite popular notion, the size of a man's penis really didn't matter. That is, until a few weeks ago... - Whilst winding down on the couch with a half-dozen of my closest friends after an incredibly drunken house party, my best friend's girlfriend made an assertion that the man was hung like an elephant. The situation snowballed a bit, and even though the fellow in question is rather reserved - even a bit shy at times - with little more alcohol, and a lot more good-natured goading from us, he excused himself from the room for a few moments to "prepare" (if you take my meaning), then came back in the room, and whipped it out. We stared in silent, slack-jawed amazement; the thing was huge. The man stood there, squirming uncomfortably, for about five seconds before his usual self-consciousness won out over his intoxication, and he hurriedly put it away. Snapped out of our stupor, we then proceeded to bombard the poor guy with questions. He told us, basically, that old adage "Be careful what you wish for," most definitely applied: When he was a young kid, he got teased mercilessly. Apparently running too long without a jock strap can be physically painful, and socially painfully to bystanders. He told us that, as an adolescent, he constantly lived in fear of getting a spontaneous erection at school; there's no hiding it, he assured us. He also said that, because most women needed to be very relaxed to accommodate him, sex could be very time-consuming; quickies were usually out of the question. And even when proper preparations were observed, he said the only time he had been able to even attempt to penetrate a woman to the hilt without causing her pain was with a previous, 6'5" girlfriend (he himself stands at a very average 5'9", maybe 5'10"). A few women had even turned him down once they saw it. And, as a very diverse athlete (baseball, football, futbol, martial arts, the list goes on...), he said that what, for us, might be a "near miss" was, for him, a "direct hit." He confessed he had even looked into surgical reduction, but his health insurance provider had ruled the procedure to be cosmetic, so he would have to pay for it out-of-pocket, something he could not afford in the foreseeable future. ...Be careful what you wish for, indeed. - All this was very surprising to hear. And because I do not know anyone else in my acquaintance to have genitalia of noteworthy dimensions, I have no idea if his experience is normal for similarly-proportioned men. The reason for this post, then, becomes obvious. Due to the aforementioned bell-shaped curve, the likelihood that any given reader of this post will be possessed of unusually large genitalia is equal to the likelihood of their having conversely small genitalia. However, because of cultural ideals, social stigma, male ego, and all that I don't really expect a rush of gentlemen matching that description to post a response. However, if that describes you, and you're secure enough to discuss it, then, again, I direct the original question to you as well. Fire away. *Standard deviation averages around 0.75 inches, and 0.5 inches respectively. **Source: personal perusing Wikipedia, Google Scholar, et cetera.
post #2 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfrider View Post
(DISCLAIMER: Despite the comedic potential, this is intended to be a serious thread. Spare us all the obvious jokes, please.)




Scholarly data reveal that the average size of an erect human penis is approximately 5.5 inches in length, 5.0 inches in circumference*, and that the size range is a predictably bell-shaped curve.** If you are towards the middle of this curve, this question is not directed at you. If, however, you are at the periphery of said curve, then....

Has the size of your endowment, great or small, ever actually been an issue? Have you ever experienced a situation wherein possessing a closer-to-the-median measurement would have made a difference? Or has the size of your penis always been irrelevant?

Being possessed of perfectly average anatomy, I have always dismissed out of hand any assertions - usually by marketers attempting to prey on men's size-related anxieties - that "size matters" (in either direction). I can't see penis size affecting one's ability to pick up women; they can't tell what your dimensions are 'till your clothes come off, and I'd assume by that point it wouldn't change their intentions. And unless a fellow runs in circles with particularly odd social customs, it certainly has no bearing on social standing. I'm sure sexual activity feels just as pleasing for the man with a large or small penis as it does for the man of average proportions. And in my personal experience, women have a wide range of sexual preferences, and what satisfies one may not satisfy the next, so it seems to reason that pleasing a partner hinges more on a man's skill and adaptability than the size of his equipment. So, with all of that being said, I've always assumed that, despite popular notion, the size of a man's penis really didn't matter. That is, until a few weeks ago...

-

Whilst winding down on the couch with a half-dozen of my closest friends after an incredibly drunken house party, my best friend's girlfriend made an assertion that the man was hung like an elephant. The situation snowballed a bit, and even though the fellow in question is rather reserved - even a bit shy at times - with little more alcohol, and a lot more good-natured goading from us, he excused himself from the room for a few moments to "prepare" (if you take my meaning), then came back in the room, and whipped it out.

We stared in silent, slack-jawed amazement; the thing was huge.

The man stood there, squirming uncomfortably, for about five seconds before his usual self-consciousness won out over his intoxication, and he hurriedly put it away. Snapped out of our stupor, we then proceeded to bombard the poor guy with questions. He told us, basically, that old adage "Be careful what you wish for," most definitely applied:

When he was a young kid, he got teased mercilessly. Apparently running too long without a jock strap can be physically painful, and socially painfully to bystanders. He told us that, as an adolescent, he constantly lived in fear of getting a spontaneous erection at school; there's no hiding it, he assured us. He also said that, because most women needed to be very relaxed to accommodate him, sex could be very time-consuming; quickies were usually out of the question. And even when proper preparations were observed, he said the only time he had been able to even attempt to penetrate a woman to the hilt without causing her pain was with a previous, 6'5" girlfriend (he himself stands at a very average 5'9", maybe 5'10"). A few women had even turned him down once they saw it. And, as a very diverse athlete (baseball, football, futbol, martial arts, the list goes on...), he said that what, for us, might be a "near miss" was, for him, a "direct hit." He confessed he had even looked into surgical reduction, but his health insurance provider had ruled the procedure to be cosmetic, so he would have to pay for it out-of-pocket, something he could not afford in the foreseeable future. ...Be careful what you wish for, indeed.

-

All this was very surprising to hear. And because I do not know anyone else in my acquaintance to have genitalia of noteworthy dimensions, I have no idea if his experience is normal for similarly-proportioned men. The reason for this post, then, becomes obvious.

Due to the aforementioned bell-shaped curve, the likelihood that any given reader of this post will be possessed of unusually large genitalia is equal to the likelihood of their having conversely small genitalia. However, because of cultural ideals, social stigma, male ego, and all that I don't really expect a rush of gentlemen matching that description to post a response. However, if that describes you, and you're secure enough to discuss it, then, again, I direct the original question to you as well.

Fire away.





*Standard deviation averages around 0.75 inches, and 0.5 inches respectively.
**Source: personal perusing Wikipedia, Google Scholar, et cetera.

Why are you going around looking at other mens' penises?
post #3 of 62
You should have mentioned how big this friends of yours was?
post #4 of 62
what kind of flavor profile does it have IYE?
post #5 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post
You should have mentioned how big this friends of yours was?

+10,000

Re read 25 times... to no avail
post #6 of 62
Did any snowballing occur?
post #7 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaking9000 View Post
Why are you going around looking at other mens' penises?
Why do some people have to quote the entire OP?
post #8 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkI View Post
You should have mentioned how big this friends of yours was?

I'm curious too actually.

I dated a girl briefly in College who told me on the third date that her ex had 11 inches. Was not the kind of thing you wanted to hear when trying to sleep with a girl for the first time.
post #9 of 62
11" is a little impractical, in my opinion.
post #10 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm84321 View Post
11" is a little impractical, in my opinion.

Oh I agree, but as a college kid it really fucked with my head at the moment.
post #11 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMRouse View Post
I dated a girl briefly in College who told me on the third date that her ex had 11 inches. Was not the kind of thing you wanted to hear when trying to sleep with a girl for the first time.
God this would just be bone-chilling to hear, impractical or no. Reminds me of when I went on a date with this girl and she mentioned how her ex taught himself classical guitar and got into Juilliard with a full ride, his playing was so delicate and beautiful, etc. etc. etc.
post #12 of 62
On the opposite end, a girl I dated says shes seen a guy with dicks smaller than a thumb. Other girls have said they've said no when its too big.

And I don't believe the 11in shit. Biggest I've seen maybe 9inches seen in porn?
post #13 of 62
did he say that the genitalia had a bell shaped curve?
post #14 of 62
God, have you ever seen those? The ones with the odd shaped curvature? I feel bad for those guys.
post #15 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekunk07 View Post
what kind of flavor profile does it have IYE?
Tart, maybe?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Health & Body
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Health & Body › Is your penis significantly larger, or smaller than average?