or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › duct tape wallets
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

duct tape wallets - Page 2

post #16 of 120
I stand corrected, I apologize and have edited my post.
post #17 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post
ugly, and looks really cheap...
For some reason I doubt he was trying to make an expensive looking aesthetically pleasing wallet, when he decided to make it out of duct tape. Obviously they don't look that nice, but the fact you could make something so intricate out of duct tape is pretty impressive.
post #18 of 120
Dude, if you didn't know your thread would make people upset you haven't been around the forum long enough to start threads in the first place.
post #19 of 120
I find these creations strangely charming.
post #20 of 120
impressive stuff OP ...do they really sell leopard skin duct tape?
post #21 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Melmoth View Post
I find these creations strangely charming.

I'm saying. Should have posted only the first two pics. Once we started wading into Steelers purse territory, we had trouble on our hands...
post #22 of 120
Those wallets look surprisingly intricate. Do you just weave little tape mats and tape those together again to make the bigger and folding items? Very cool in any way.
post #23 of 120
Thread Starter 
Thanks. Yes, they make about every color and pattern you can imagine.
post #24 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axel Ferguson View Post
Those wallets look surprisingly intricate. Do you just weave little tape mats and tape those together again to make the bigger and folding items? Very cool in any way.

The main part of the wallet is made from one woven mat. I fold that piece to make both sides of the wallet and the inside pocket. Then the card pockets are added.
post #25 of 120
WTF? Out of all the noobs who post stupid shit in mc day in and day out to the tune of "help me pick out a double fucking monk" I'm surprised you all would pile so much shit on this poor guy. Yea, not igent approved goods but hardly deserved of the types of comments above. 'upset' "horrible"?? All from n00bs themselves who've been here <a few months. OP: carry on, admire your creativity but Prolly not the best forum to sell these . don't let the clown posse get you down.
post #26 of 120
I think it's great that you were able to create something like this out of tape, it definitely shows a "unique" artistic skill. Personally, I wouldn't ever have a need for one of these, and unfortunately this is not the type of product that will be received well around here.
post #27 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatlegeuse View Post
I think it's great that you were able to create something like this out of tape, it definitely shows a "unique" artistic skill. Personally, I wouldn't ever have a need for one of these, and unfortunately this is not the type of product that will be received well around here.
+1 But IMHO, better use/misuse of duct tape.
post #28 of 120
...
post #29 of 120
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStyles View Post
WTF?

Out of all the noobs who post stupid shit in mc day in and day out to the tune of "help me pick out a double fucking monk" I'm surprised you all would pile so much shit on this poor guy.

Yea, not igent approved goods but hardly deserved of the types of comments above. 'upset' "horrible"??

All from n00bs themselves who've been here <a few months.

OP: carry on, admire your creativity but Prolly not the best forum to sell these . don't let the clown posse get you down.

Thank you very much.

I really didn't come here to try to sell but more to get ideas and opinions. I hoped to get some ideas and see what I could do. Thought it would be funny to get ideas and post pics of my attempt. I realize this is a tough crowd and appreciate the feedback.
post #30 of 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStyles View Post
WTF? Out of all the noobs who post stupid shit in mc day in and day out to the tune of "help me pick out a double fucking monk" I'm surprised you all would pile so much shit on this poor guy. Yea, not igent approved goods but hardly deserved of the types of comments above. 'upset' "horrible"?? All from n00bs themselves who've been here <a few months. OP: carry on, admire your creativity but Prolly not the best forum to sell these . don't let the clown posse get you down.
OP is advertising his stuff in a forum about fine men's clothing. This approximates a direct violation of forum rules, contributes to the runoff of high quality posters, and wastes bandwidth. Granted, OP's subsequent postings make him appear to be a nice guy, but a mere cursory review of the forum would have at least prepared the OP for the onslaught if not outright convinced him it would be a bad idea to post in the first place. Also, they are made of duct tape. Duct tape.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › duct tape wallets