or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Any experience with the Italian ebayers?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any experience with the Italian ebayers?

post #1 of 31
Thread Starter 
There are several now selling Kiton, Borrelli etc. I'd appreciate hearing whether any should be sought or avoided.

Thanks
post #2 of 31
Names would help. I bought from "viaggigerryberry" and the item I received was fake, though the seller claimed otherwise.
post #3 of 31
Thread Starter 
There are several recently. Names like Remida05, salvio_s, Giucasti (?) and others. My concern is that somehow I imagine the Italians having better access to various outsourcing manufacturers and can pass off plausible fakes (which I probably could not detect until things start to unravel, pill, etc.)

Thanks again
post #4 of 31
An earlier discussion of this:

www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=13947
post #5 of 31
I can personally vouch for Remida05, great guy and great merchandise.
post #6 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by farooqm
I can personally vouch for Remida05, great guy and great merchandise.


+1
post #7 of 31
Italy is new China on Ebay.
post #8 of 31
+2
post #9 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by chorse123
Names would help. I bought from "viaggigerryberry" and the item I received was fake, though the seller claimed otherwise.

Did you get your $ back btw?
post #10 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72
Did you get your $ back btw?

I did, minus shipping.
post #11 of 31
My only experience with an ebay.it seller has been with Ideacharm. Primarily sell watches faux bijou and jewellery (where I got my Breil bracelet) but I had two separate very pleasant transactions with them. They even responded to my emails (that were in quite stunted Italian ) promptly in English.
post #12 of 31
The time when you really have to worry about Italian ebayers is when they ask for your shoe size.
post #13 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by bachbeet
The time when you really have to worry about Italian ebayers is when they ask for your shoe size.
Si,signore, Io fatto pattini del cemento per tu! (I am sure I messed that up - has been years since I last used my italian - did I mess up the tenses? AAAARGH)
post #14 of 31
Thread Starter 
Any Borrelli sweater experts out there, or anyone familiar with this Salvio

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018

I have one real, real nice Borrelli cashmere sweater and the zipper is different having a jewel like (not real jewel) zipper pull, whereas this one seems ordinary. Also though it has a string from a Borrelli label it doesn't show it attached to one of the booklets.

Also, I worry that sweaters may be easier to fake; can't look at buttons and crests etc. and the inferiority may be largely in the quality of yarn which will be harder to detect when new I suspect. Thoughts?
post #15 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by horton
Any Borrelli sweater experts out there, or anyone familiar with this Salvio

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=018

I have one real, real nice Borrelli cashmere sweater and the zipper is different having a jewel like (not real jewel) zipper pull, whereas this one seems ordinary. Also though it has a string from a Borrelli label it doesn't show it attached to one of the booklets.

Also, I worry that sweaters may be easier to fake; can't look at buttons and crests etc. and the inferiority may be largely in the quality of yarn which will be harder to detect when new I suspect. Thoughts?

I think you are on to something there. I am sure some other here may have some ideas.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: B&S Archive
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Any experience with the Italian ebayers?