or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Thread - Page 64

post #946 of 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by div25sec9 View Post

Can I get a verification on this jacket I picked up for the wife?






Can i get a check on this? I'm running out of time before I can return it. Thanks
post #947 of 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_machine View Post


Here are 2 pairs I have. Both look like yours. Heel nail pattern looks accurate too. You don't have trees or bags probably because it's a resale site.



 
That is the normal JM Weston shoes, smooth leather. Mine is like old fashion, rough, raw leather.
post #948 of 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestbash View Post
 

 

No insoles? You mean removable insoles? You can clearly see that JM Weston branded sockliner, which covers the leather insole that JM W uses to make their footwear. All the branding looks good to me. I say 100% real. I just checked the website you bought them from. It is a "resale community", so that will explain why the shoes may not have come with tags or other NIB items. 

Well, I understood why it is without tag etc. But the cover leather is very "unusual", it is like someone remove the removable insole and stick some leather on it. The rest of the parts is very "rough", if I use the right word. It feels like a dry cardboard that has been steeped in water for some hours. What is more, I found two nail point spiking in one of them. That makes me wonder there maybe some insole above that parts before.

post #949 of 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by PingBin View Post
 

Well, I understood why it is without tag etc. But the cover leather is very "unusual", it is like someone remove the removable insole and stick some leather on it. The rest of the parts is very "rough", if I use the right word. It feels like a dry cardboard that has been steeped in water for some hours. What is more, I found two nail point spiking in one of them. That makes me wonder there maybe some insole above that parts before.

It sounds like the uppers have become quite dry. It is likely that they have been in storage for some time without any care. The shoes are authentic. I have owned 3 pairs and the stamp, and other details are correct. Are you feeling the nails in the heel?

post #950 of 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by vestbash View Post
 

It sounds like the uppers have become quite dry. It is likely that they have been in storage for some time without any care. The shoes are authentic. I have owned 3 pairs and the stamp, and other details are correct. Are you feeling the nails in the heel?

Yeah, I can feel 2 nails in one of them. Makes me a little uncomfortable. 

post #951 of 1018
Quote:
Originally Posted by div25sec9 View Post


Can i get a check on this? I'm running out of time before I can return it. Thanks

 The dry clean/fabric composition tag looks a bit sketchy. You can probably find someone out there that knows LV better than anyone here.

post #952 of 1018

Hello, I just purchased a Gucci Suit off Ebay and, like a previous discussion, it has no felt under the collar, no "made in" anywhere, however, it has the peak lapels, buttons, clasp, inside tag, matching style labels. Curiously, it has button fly pants. It was advertised as a 2013 model but something is fishy. I'm annoyed because the suit fits me well but I'm bothered by the lack of a Made in Italy or Switzerland or anywhere. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank You.

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/151264903085?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

 

 

 

 

post #953 of 1018

Hello again, 

Here's are additional pics    .

 

 

 

post #954 of 1018
real
post #955 of 1018
Thank you for the reply
post #956 of 1018

Can i get a check on this? 5 Fold Borrelli tie 

 

 

 

post #957 of 1018

Borrelli and Gucci are both real. Grats. 56L, Wow! Big boy! Made by Zegna.

 

Oh shit, just realized this was sold by a reputable SF member. Super real!!!!!!!!!!!!! :slayer:

post #958 of 1018

Thanks! 

post #959 of 1018
Legit check on these Balmain biker jeans.





Rest of album here.

http://imgur.com/a/AHKdP
post #960 of 1018

Can anyone identify whether this seller's polo ralph lauren polo shirts are fake or not? I've searched online but the guides all show a tag that is slightly different ( only has a small part of the tag with the size attached). He has a high ebay rating which makes it hard not to believe but I am still doubtful. Thank you very much!! I have not bought any clothing from any ralph lauren label yet so I am still uncertain about checking the authenticity. 

 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NWT-New-Polo-Ralph-Lauren-CUSTOM-FIT-SOFT-INTERLOCK-Solid-Shirt-S-M-L-XL-XXL-/310846093232?pt=US_CSA_MC_Shirts&var=&hash=item485fdef7b0


Edited by thewangto - 4/22/14 at 5:25am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Thread