or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Thread - Page 45

post #661 of 1046

I do like the jacket but I don't to be spending 700 dollars on a jacket where I can get it for 100. Thanks for the reply

post #662 of 1046

http://www.mainlinemenswear.co.uk/product.php?xProd=46382

the jacket looks exactly like this. I find it odd why there's only a care tag and a certilogo tag as I have other versace clothing but not of the versace jean line that are all made in italy and have a few more tags.

post #663 of 1046
Hey
I've been trying to get my hands on a specific model of ray bans, caravan flip out sunglasses
Its been hell. Its a sold out model and I live in Canada. I ordered them at full price on shades daddy only to have them say my size, 56, was not available and the money returned to my account.

Anyways, I found this company 'sole eyewear' and I haven't found a single solid review of this site or its eBay account. It has a modest 9000+ positive reviews, 25 negative, since 2004 but it also has its own website which also seems legit, offers PayPal, and the prices are realistically competitive.
But why not a single review? Their store is massive and nobody evenhere has mentioned them once.

Id buy them straight off ray ban site, I don't even care about getting a deal anymore, but they don't ship to Canada.

Here is the exact model/possible eBay purchase in question.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=290887505471
post #664 of 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zayus View Post

Hey
I've been trying to get my hands on a specific model of ray bans, caravan flip out sunglasses
Its been hell. Its a sold out model and I live in Canada. I ordered them at full price on shades daddy only to have them say my size, 56, was not available and the money returned to my account.

Anyways, I found this company 'sole eyewear' and I haven't found a single solid review of this site or its eBay account. It has a modest 9000+ positive reviews, 25 negative, since 2004 but it also has its own website which also seems legit, offers PayPal, and the prices are realistically competitive.
But why not a single review? Their store is massive and nobody evenhere has mentioned them once.

Id buy them straight off ray ban site, I don't even care about getting a deal anymore, but they don't ship to Canada.

Here is the exact model/possible eBay purchase in question.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=290887505471


They specialize in eyewear which is a minor area on this site. I am not really sure what the question is, do you think they are selling fakes or gonna scam you? That is highly unlikely with a seller on eBay with that many transactions. eBay would have shut them down by now. Anyway, I am not sure I have ever seen a review of an eBay seller on this site, doesn't seem to be normal. So to bring my rambling to a halt, if you want them buy them. EBay will protect you in the case they are fake or he doesn't send them.

post #665 of 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeluv View Post


They specialize in eyewear which is a minor area on this site. I am not really sure what the question is, do you think they are selling fakes or gonna scam you? That is highly unlikely with a seller on eBay with that many transactions. eBay would have shut them down by now. Anyway, I am not sure I have ever seen a review of an eBay seller on this site, doesn't seem to be normal. So to bring my rambling to a halt, if you want them buy them. EBay will protect you in the case they are fake or he doesn't send them.

Alright I'll probably go through with the transaction then if eBay can protect me, I guess I just need to read up on the steps it takes to be protected.
As for finding an independent review of the seller on a forum like this or any other, I meant that for their site sole eyewear.com
If it sells authentic goods in such quantity, its just strange that no one here or elsewhere had shed any light on their genuinity like shades daddy or sunglass hut
If I Google 'is shades daddy authentic/legit' I'd have reviews in no time stating their experience. Not the case for sole eyewear.

Speaking of buyer protection, does eBay or amazon (both via Paypal) have a better system?
post #666 of 1046
X post from thrift thread where general consensus was fake. These jeans are NWT. Pocket rivets say Gucci in script, front button is on kind of a ball bearing pivot. Stitching is all regular and seemingly high quality. Material tag is in Italian. The beltline badge is enamel painted and very tidy, and fairly substantial. Jean quality and wash is also above average, though not selvedge (but I wouldn't necessarily expect them to be).

Thanks in advance.

photo IMG_20130713_141529_880_zps0227979b.jpg
post #667 of 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

X post from thrift thread where general consensus was fake. These jeans are NWT. Pocket rivets say Gucci in script, front button is on kind of a ball bearing pivot. Stitching is all regular and seemingly high quality. Material tag is in Italian. The beltline badge is enamel painted and very tidy, and fairly substantial. Jean quality and wash is also above average, though not selvedge (but I wouldn't necessarily expect them to be).

Thanks in advance.

photo IMG_20130713_141529_880_zps0227979b.jpg

 

Looks fake though (to me). So many Gucci logos and strokes. The tag looks fake as f*ck. I would pass on this one any day. It does not even look good....

post #668 of 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr usneun View Post

 

Looks fake though (to me). So many Gucci logos and strokes. The tag looks fake as f*ck. I would pass on this one any day. It does not even look good....

 

Look at the Gs. There's not one G which is equal to another one. Also, the font looks very weird to me.

 

100% fake.

post #669 of 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post

X post from thrift thread where general consensus was fake. These jeans are NWT. Pocket rivets say Gucci in script, front button is on kind of a ball bearing pivot. Stitching is all regular and seemingly high quality. Material tag is in Italian. The beltline badge is enamel painted and very tidy, and fairly substantial. Jean quality and wash is also above average, though not selvedge (but I wouldn't necessarily expect them to be).

Thanks in advance.

photo IMG_20130713_141529_880_zps0227979b.jpg

These look fake to me. Pass
post #670 of 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMMcL View Post


Thanks in advance.

photo IMG_20130713_141529_880_zps0227979b.jpg

That may be the worst fake I've seen since this thread started
post #671 of 1046

Hi guys

 

What do you think about this one

 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/354625/what-do-you-say-about-this-polo-rl-blazer#post_6467271

 

Thank you

post #672 of 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow View Post

That may be the worst fake I've seen since this thread started

That may be the stupidest comment I've ever read on styleforum.

(see how unhelpful that is without some explanatory detail?)

In any event, thanks to those who provided both a verdict and a rationale. I do appreciate the assistance and knowledge for next time.
post #673 of 1046

Rather than start another thread, I figured I'd ask the same question about a tie I got on eBay here. 

 

I've never even seen a Hermes tie in real life before, but I just had to know what the hype was about so when I saw this on eBay, I bought it. It seems very high-quality to me, but I'm an amateur so I figured I'd ask you guys if I got ripped off or not. 

 

Here is why I think it is real: 

 

-Twill is going 11 to 5 O'Clock.

-Lining matches the tie background. 

-Labels match the pics I've seen. 

-Seems like there is a thread loop piercing through the layers (I know nothing about tie construction, so this is the authentication technique I am least confident about). 

 

Width is a little over 3.5". My understanding is that Hermes used to make ties in this 3.6ish range. 

 

Here is why I'm concerned: 

-I paid $19.99 as a "Buy it Now." This seems awfully cheap because the tie is in great condition. 

-Seller was not a major tie seller. She had 100% positive feedback on about 250 items, but almost all her items seemed to be knick-knacks/kitsch/china. 

 

Perhaps I lucked out an managed to snag a nice tie from a seller who didn't realize she could have gotten 4x as much money?

 

Thanks. 

 

 

Pics in the spoiler (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #674 of 1046
^ 100% real
post #675 of 1046
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChetB View Post

^ 100% real

 

Sweet. For the purposes of my education, might I ask what in particular made you so confident? Anything beyond the factors that I mentioned?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Thread